Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spooky Owl!" data-source="post: 88059" data-attributes="member: 57984"><p>I was listening to an NPR show today where the feminist interviewees were saying that it's "men's job" to stop the male rapists.</p><p></p><p>And then went on to say that women who are sexually harassed supposedly have no resources, no place to go with their stories, and "we need to have a conversation about that" as they always do.</p><p></p><p>Well, women (and men) who have been sexually harassed <em>legitimately <strong>may </strong></em>have a hard time, but people who lie about it -- and many, <strong><em>many </em></strong>do -- know <strong><em>exactly </em></strong>what to do and <strong><em>exactly </em></strong>where to go. And they are <strong><em>very </em></strong>much listened to -- and they know they will be.</p><p></p><p></p><p>That's ridiculous. Your numbers are a lie -- a goddess damned lie.</p><p></p><p>A major problem in the culture now is that we deny the evil of women, that it even exists unless it can be blamed on psychic scarring resulting from patriarchal abuses. No one denies the evil of men, of course, and no one thinks to blame it on anything but himself and his gender.</p><p></p><p>And the attempt to minimize sexual abuse and harassment of men (and not infrequently by women, though one assumes it's mostly men) is just one example of that evil.</p><p></p><p>And stats that you rarely hear in the media are that mothers are much more violent towards (and even kill) their toddler children -- especially their toddler sons, interestingly -- than fathers ... and that's even taking into account that fathers are not in the household anywhere near as much as mothers.</p><p></p><p>If you're a woman and you've been raped or sexually harassed, but you deny or trivialize the same thing being done to men <strong><em>and/or </em></strong>you attempt to project blame onto <strong><em>all </em></strong>men, then you're actually minimizing your <strong><em>own </em></strong>mistreatment.</p><p></p><p>You're minimizing your own mistreatment.</p><p></p><p></p><p>Maybe it didn't change for the same reasons you deny or minimalize what happens to boys.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spooky Owl!, post: 88059, member: 57984"] I was listening to an NPR show today where the feminist interviewees were saying that it's "men's job" to stop the male rapists. And then went on to say that women who are sexually harassed supposedly have no resources, no place to go with their stories, and "we need to have a conversation about that" as they always do. Well, women (and men) who have been sexually harassed [I]legitimately [B]may [/B][/I]have a hard time, but people who lie about it -- and many, [B][I]many [/I][/B]do -- know [B][I]exactly [/I][/B]what to do and [B][I]exactly [/I][/B]where to go. And they are [B][I]very [/I][/B]much listened to -- and they know they will be. That's ridiculous. Your numbers are a lie -- a goddess damned lie. A major problem in the culture now is that we deny the evil of women, that it even exists unless it can be blamed on psychic scarring resulting from patriarchal abuses. No one denies the evil of men, of course, and no one thinks to blame it on anything but himself and his gender. And the attempt to minimize sexual abuse and harassment of men (and not infrequently by women, though one assumes it's mostly men) is just one example of that evil. And stats that you rarely hear in the media are that mothers are much more violent towards (and even kill) their toddler children -- especially their toddler sons, interestingly -- than fathers ... and that's even taking into account that fathers are not in the household anywhere near as much as mothers. If you're a woman and you've been raped or sexually harassed, but you deny or trivialize the same thing being done to men [B][I]and/or [/I][/B]you attempt to project blame onto [B][I]all [/I][/B]men, then you're actually minimizing your [B][I]own [/I][/B]mistreatment. You're minimizing your own mistreatment. Maybe it didn't change for the same reasons you deny or minimalize what happens to boys. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top