Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Frank Underwood" data-source="post: 95743" data-attributes="member: 35"><p>I just didn't see it satirizing political correctness, but I'm open to hearing why you believe it does.</p><p></p><p>What I got from it was that women feel unsafe around men to the point of having to always carry weapons, and that we've "ruined" many things for them. The funny thing is being vigilant is not exclusively a woman's issue because bad things can happen to anybody at any time. </p><p></p><p>They also said that men ask why they don't speak up, and they claim they're not taking seriously when they do. I know women have been oppressed at times, but it just felt like the tone was that men have never been on their side or listened to them when they've spoken up. Personally, I feel that does a disservice to the men that have been on their side. </p><p></p><p>Maybe I've taken it wrong, but that's the vibe I got. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Yeah, perhaps. Is that the satire of political correctness, because white women feel like they <em>have </em>to tell black women they're more oppressed? </p><p></p><p>I just don't see why some people treat oppression like a competition. Either you've been oppressed or you haven't. </p><p></p><p></p><p>In a nutshell.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Frank Underwood, post: 95743, member: 35"] I just didn't see it satirizing political correctness, but I'm open to hearing why you believe it does. What I got from it was that women feel unsafe around men to the point of having to always carry weapons, and that we've "ruined" many things for them. The funny thing is being vigilant is not exclusively a woman's issue because bad things can happen to anybody at any time. They also said that men ask why they don't speak up, and they claim they're not taking seriously when they do. I know women have been oppressed at times, but it just felt like the tone was that men have never been on their side or listened to them when they've spoken up. Personally, I feel that does a disservice to the men that have been on their side. Maybe I've taken it wrong, but that's the vibe I got. Yeah, perhaps. Is that the satire of political correctness, because white women feel like they [I]have [/I]to tell black women they're more oppressed? I just don't see why some people treat oppression like a competition. Either you've been oppressed or you haven't. In a nutshell. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top