Outside the Valley: The Jane Wyman Thread

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jane Wyman has a lengthy and successful film and television career. Perhaps best-known today for starring on FALCON CREST, the long-running prime time soap opera, she had a prolific career in Hollywood. She won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in JOHNNY BELINDA (1948), and she went on to appear in such tear-jerking classics like MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION (1954) and ALL THAT HEAVEN ALLOWS (1955).

Any Jane Wyman fans out there?
1623084029038.png

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Something happened in the sixties," Jane Wyman later remembered. "It seemed that the time didn't permit women to be part of it except in a sort of secondary sort of way which I resented. I kept telling myself 'I didn't want to play WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE'."

1627681498180.png

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I watched this interview Jane Wyman did on THE HOUR MAGAZINE back in 1986. She and host Gary Collins speak about her Hollywood career, her transition to television in the mid-'50s, and what type of fan mail she got as Angela Channing. Collins called her the "First Lady of FALCON CREST", a title to which I'd readily agree.

Wyman comes across as a genuinely nice lady in this interview, and it has me interested in diving into more of her work outside of FALCON CREST.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here's a good interview that Jane Wyman did with TCM some years before she passed. I don't like the blonde hair though.