Random things you hate

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
well Sarah i'm not into show business but when nudity is called for a role the way i look at it is, if you aren't the type to do nudity in every role like some actress's do or have done a lot of it like say Nicole Kidman. than it wouldn't surprise me if you just need the role that actually fits into the story. i read an interview that Heather Graham did oh i think around the time of boogie nights and she had never done nudity in film before she has in other films since than but the reason she did it for Boogie nights was cause it went with the story and on the type of film that was i can see her reasoning. that;'s what she said she told her folks when they asked why she did it, i dunno about the roles she did nudity after that though,

that's how i look at it anyways, also if you are worried about your folks seeing than tell them not to watch it, here's a good example Michael Madsen who depending on the role can be very good or really bad in other roles depending on the film or if my guess he gives a damn about the role or his performance. a good director helps too i'm guessing too,

anyways, he watches all his sister's movies but when his sister and i read this years ago tells him she did nudity for this or that film he doesn't watch. i can respect that but than not every woman has to do nudity at all. either way i respect your decision either way. anyways, i didn't mean to talk about it that much sorry about that, but on stuff i can't stand is reality shows.

now the ones that do help people i don't mind, like for example as we call it in my family the 600 lb fat guy on TLC. that actually helps people or Hoarders i do love that one. but the other ones can just go away like say yes to the dress my mom loves that one for some reason, Temptation island is another one that should be banned from tv as well.

any couple who goes on that show and weather they fail or not doesn't have my respect, now if you are offered it and turn it down i have respect for them than. and any couple that is together for a long time and there are trust issues i'm guessing those are the ones that decide to do the show. i'd never do it if i was in a serious relationship not only of of respect of whoever i was with but i would lose my own respect for myself if i did that show

I did it, but it was tastefully done. :D
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
so what were you in? :Di now need hunt that thing down ;)
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I know this is none of my business but do women no longer get measured for bras? Now that it's warm, a lot of women are wearing t-shirts and it's very obvious that they have "muffin-tops" on their chests because "their cups runneth over".
genie_bra.jpg
 
Last edited:

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I know this is none of my business but do women no longer get measured for bras? Now that it's warm, a lot of women are wearing t-shirts and it's very obvious that they have "muffin-tops" on their chests because "their cups runneth over".
View attachment 16939

We women with big breasts do struggle - the sweaty under carriage thing is awful in hot weather - literal sweaty bettys. They were maybe just letting the girls hang free.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I am literally being stalked in work by a man every day who comes to my desk as he's about to leave and insists on sitting with me for half an hour during my busiest time. I don't know what to do about it. It started off it wasn't too bad because he is blind and I love the dog. But it's now every single day and I'm the type of person who does need my own space. Even if I'm taking a call he won't leave. I really don't know what to do about it. It's actually making me angry and uncomfortable now. :oops:
 

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
I am literally being stalked in work by a man every day who comes to my desk as he's about to leave and insists on sitting with me for half an hour during my busiest time. I don't know what to do about it. It started off it wasn't too bad because he is blind and I love the dog. But it's now every single day and I'm the type of person who does need my own space. Even if I'm taking a call he won't leave. I really don't know what to do about it. It's actually making me angry

I can relate to this because I hate it when big talkers cone by when you're working and yak away, or even the kind who love the sound of their own voice, who seem to spend all their time at working going from one person to the next to talk. They are rarely intetested in anyone else's life. It's as if they have some condition where they have to continually talk. No matter how politely you tell them you're busy, they become defensive.
You have it rough because the man 8s blind, so I know I would feel even more hesitant to be frank with him about how uncomfortable this makes you. He obviously isn't good with recognizing boundaries if he stays there when you're on the phone. :scream:
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
It's a total invasion of my time and space and I don't know how to address it. Worst about it is he overheard one of my friends saying 'Gimme a hug' before he left the other day, which I did (because he's a very close friend) and now he wants hugs too. I gave him one the other day and there was, as Chandler Bing would say, definite cupping. His hands roamed down my back. It is seriously making me so uncomfortable.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
HE'S HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He can't see this, so I'm just going to type it anyway!
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Depending on the tempo of your office, it might be a good idea to have a supervisor handle it, since technically this person is causing your productivity to suffer. If he's waiting for his ride or something, I can understand just sitting there...but if he's just "killing time" then he's also abusing your time--time that your bosses pay you for. Your supervisor might be able to come up with some kind of cover story that will re-direct him without hurting his feelings...like maybe a meeting you need to join "as soon as you're done with your present client". It doesn't have to be rude, but it can be...business. I can't imagine a boss would be okay with someone abusing the time of an employee.
 

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
It's a total invasion of my time and space and I don't know how to address it. Worst about it is he overheard one of my friends saying 'Gimme a hug' before he left the other day, which I did (because he's a very close friend) and now he wants hugs too. I gave him one the other day and there was, as Chandler Bing would say, definite cupping. His hands roamed down my back. It is seriously making me so uncomfortable.

This is so out of line. As Daniel Avery suggested, it's time to raise this issue to a supervisor. Not only is he disturbing your work, he's making you physically uncomfortable. You have a right to be comfortable and able to do your work. This is so wrong.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Thanks @Daniel Avery and @Jimmy Todd - I've managed to avoid him the past few days as I have another job happening at the minute which will take me through to Tuesday evening. My supervisor will be close by so I'm more protected. If he mentions anything else about hugs I'm going to say we've been seen on the security camera and my supervisor has spoken to me about him spending so much time at my desk.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Well hilariously, before I'd had a chance to talk to him, he strolls in with the guide dog, and of course I say hi to the dog (from a distance, you aren't allowed to disturb a working dog). Bearing in mind he's in the building and not in any danger, he says to me (Oh the irony!) 'Not while he's working sweetheart'.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F??!

HELLO????

CUE ALANIS MORRISETTE MUSIC!!!! :scream::scream:
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
I hate it that the brake of my bike didn't work, and I almost crashed into a mini-tree.
But at least I had the excuse to scream Cecil..Colbyyyyy!
 

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
Well hilariously, before I'd had a chance to talk to him, he strolls in with the guide dog, and of course I say hi to the dog (from a distance, you aren't allowed to disturb a working dog). Bearing in mind he's in the building and not in any danger, he says to me (Oh the irony!) 'Not while he's working sweetheart'.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F??!

HELLO????

CUE ALANIS MORRISETTE MUSIC!!!! :scream::scream:

OMG! This guy has walked put of a Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm episode!

Well, now yoy now how to respond when he starts talking to you while you're working and include the "sweetsweet."
This guy livese in a universe where nothing matters but him. You can't make this stuff up, can you. Smh
 
Last edited:

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
OK so he was back today. I was pleasant but professional. Gave the usual attention to my doggie friend.

But as they were leaving, he says 'Giz a hug' and I said, 'Sorry I'm not allowed to hug. It's been picked up on camera as inappropriate'.

YAY!!! I did it, he left quietly and now I'm rather pleased with myself. @Jimmy Todd
 

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
Congratulations! You handled that very well.
Office situations such as this one can be tricky to navigate, and you did it in a way that maintained your autonomy and let him get the message and keep his dignity.
Bravo!
:ping:
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
having trouble sleeping i hate that too and if you haven't reported him than you should do so. i say ignore the dog i get that you adore it but if it means trouble not from him but from the douchbag he's helping than try your best and ignore both. good luck either way on what you decide
 
Last edited:
Top