Random things you hate

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I'm exactly the same way, @Sarah. I have a good sense of "my space being violated" and will purposely stop and let a person pass me if they feel the need to be right on my heels*. I can't figure why people will try to walk so closely, when it's very likely (especially in stores) that the person you're shadowing will suddenly stop to look at something.

* And yes, I hope they realize they were making me uncomfortable, and will think twice about following others so closely in the future.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
People who interrupt as soon as someone else says 'I have something to tell you' and then you're left hanging on for a nail biting 15 minutes.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
People who interrupt as soon as someone else says 'I have something to tell you'
And people who say "I need to tell you something/we have to talk" (about a pregnancy or a murder or something) but never get the chance to do so, and then the next time they say it again, instead of saying "I'm pregnant and you're the father. I love you and we belong together, please don't marry that heartless slut, she killed your brother and I can prove it".
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
To be fair, when they say "We have to talk," there is usually this loud, jarring chord of dramatic music that comes out of nowhere, making them lose their train of thought.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
But when they say "we have to talk", the other person is given the opportunity to listen or not. "I don't have time right now".
"Please you have to listen, this is important". *phone rings* "....yes, I understand. I'm on my way. Sorry darling, can we do this later?"
"But..but..."

Don't say you have to/need to/going to talk, just talk!
I mean, what are you going to do when you're being kidnapped by a crazy stalker...oh sure, he's got plenty of time to listen!!
tantrum.gif
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Yes, it always bugs me when I'm held captive and my kidnapper has to spend ten or fifteen minutes explaining his plans and motives in painful detail...as if I was really able to concentrate on his devious plot when I'm too busy worrying that he won't give me a bathroom break.
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Opening a bottle of Soda Water only for it to explode. I then wear half of it.
T-shirt.jpg​
Instead of looking like the guy on the left, I'm looking more like the guy on the right. Okay, I'm nowhere near as big as the guy on the right but you get my drift. Thankfully it was only soda water.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Sometimes
Tip.-Gebruik-die-aluminiumfolie-zoals-het-hoort-680x450.jpg

this goes terribly wrong.

And is there any person on earth who actually knows how to use this stuff?
You only have to look at it and this happens:
huishoudfolie.jpg

Was this supposed to be a prank but they forgot to tell us? And we keep buying it because everyone else does?
Maybe your sister says "I love it, I use it for everything!". Well, it's not true. It's a lie!
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I do not buy aluminum foil or plastic wrap for the quality of the foil or the wrap. I buy them for the quality of the blade that is built into the packaging, because that small detail makes all the difference in how useful the product is. Most brands of foil tend to have good cutters, though you will occasionally get a dud; it seems to be the opposite with plastic wrap. When you find one with a good blade, you keep buying that brand! Heck, save that box and re-fill it with other rolls of plastic wrap if necessary.

The picture of the foil shows the disembodied person using it without the box, which is...a recipe for disaster. The disembodied person who wadded up the plastic wrap likely did not grab the wrap in the center. In both cases, those little punch holes in the sides of the boxes (which "punches in" small pieces of the box into the rolls and holds the rolls in place) make it much easier to roll out the product and thus use it.
 

JROG

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Really random, but I hate being the last person to post in a thread. If I'm late to the discussion and I sense the conversation is dying down, I probably won't post...

But I've gotten better at it, I swear!
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
I also hate it that there are only two options for the poll question.
The correct answer to the current poll question is...tighter jeans and bigger guns. Hurray I've won the poll. Gimme a prize!
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I hate variations on Clue/Cluedo.

There is one Cluedo, leave it alone. Don't need a Harry Potter Cluedo, a Scotland Yard Cluedo, a Jessica Fletcher Cluedo.....
 
Top