nuDynasty Episode Chat S01e09 - Rotten Things (fall Finale)

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Will Fallon finally open for business? Will Steven become the second Carrington with a scandalous sex tape? Will Trampy Ho become really Ho Ho Ho for the holidays? Will the intro be used? Will the ratings continue to be terrible? Will we get a proper cliffhanger?

Hype hype hype :omg:

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Will Fallon finally open for business? Will Steven become the second Carrington with a scandalous sex tape? Will Trampy Ho become really Ho Ho Ho for the holidays? Will the intro be used? Will the ratings continue to be terrible? Will we get a proper cliffhanger?

Hype hype hype :omg:

I hope they write Jeff off at the end of the season. It's clear the show will be getting renewed despite it being lowest rated every single week, plus the Netflix views make it higher.

I hope we get a proper cliffhanger. Any good writer of the nighttime dramas would do that nowadays, as they make mid-season cliffhangers just before Christmas.

I hate how Fallon's business has NOT opened yet. If she continues her ways, I would like to see her written off as well, but you can't really do that unless you get a UFO to do that, or send her packing with Jeff to the Colby family or something :p

How I'd end episode 9, I would for sure have Stansfield in it. I'd have Claudia in it as well. We probably won't be getting Alexis until the new year! Claudia actually has a flashback and remembers that she really didn't not take her pills, she just said that because she was upset. It turns out someone switched her pills. They were switching them as well in the psych ward but we don't see who it is. Then Steven plays detective again. He goes to Stansfield's house and finds Claudia's real pills and goes to warn her at the psych ward she could be in danger. He somehow breaks in, passing the guards, armed with a gun. Someone else also in a mask breaks in as well with a gun. Claudia is held at gunpoint in her room. Steven approaches. He points the gun at whoever is in the room, they take their mask off and it's Stansfield. The scene cuts black and we hear a gunshot. That's how I'd end the first half of the season. Kill Stansfield off!

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know that I would have guessed Cristal had her own Johnny Stompanato backstory or that she'd catfight with her sister (shades of Krystle on Rita, when one considers oldDYNASTY tried to pass off an old photo of Linda Evans as Iris).

However, it's obvious that these people have far more familiarity with the original series than La Cidre did with the oldDALLAS when she made nuDALLAS.

So it's fun seeing the parallels and little restructured re-dos pop up.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Awful cliffhangers and too predictable...

I guessed Monica would get with Michael from day one!

Jeff is totally ruined as a character. Kill him now!

And Iris's husband is still alive? Wow. I guessed he didn't die.

Also guessed Blake slept with Cesil's wife...

Bad, bad, baaaad storylines. Bad cliffhangers.

The show needs to get rid of Jeff! There is no company. No workers which he claims he has to let go Now he's just using Fallon!? Kill him off! Awful character! They ruined him from day one. Don't like his change and it's not fun to watch.

The cliffhangers should have been bigger.

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Who else still hates Jeff? I think turning him evil is the beginning of the end of his character. Can't see him as evil. He's a very weak character. Or is he just faking it? So Blake slept with his mother...or maybe Blake is his father and he even knows it? Who knows? It's just a dumb turn for him, Cesil should be the one out to kill Blake. His talk of his business which doesn't even run, same with Fallon. They need to write him off. Have Monica get with Michael for now, but totally write off all 3 characters of her, Jeff and Cesil. Biggest weakness of the show is the Colby family. Monica just shares one scene with Michael, has she shared others? Not as deep as that last one...she just gets in the car with Fallon and I'm thinking "Michael and her will get together." Then she just goes to him at the end and kisses him. How dumb is that? It didn't lead up to that...it just sort of happened and probably everyone saw it coming but it happened in the weirdest way as the two rarely had much contact in the previous 8 episodes. It now makes Michael unbelieveable and a pimp. He should have had more interactions with Monica BEFORE, not just have her throw herself at him with no build up. PLAIN STUPID. Bad writers. Jeff is just not believable. He hasn't been for 9 episodes. Even with his "I'm faking it". Don't like his character. It worsens the show. The actor is NOT good, nor the stories they've given him these past 9 episodes. He's a little bit more meaty than say that character played by Jason Winston George on Titans, though that character totally had no business being on the cast on that show, Jeff, has more scenes in this show, but his character is just a waste of screen time. "My business," "I like you, but I'm not sleeping with you," "We're at work, let's sleep together!" "We slept together, but that's it," "We need to make cuts from the staff."...What work? What business? What staff? This is just as bad as Riley Richmond being a 1st grade teacher on Melrose Place on CW 2009-2010, totally unbelievable. We never saw her in school, and in every episode she was usually making excuses to not go to work...shopping, modeling, meetings, et. then she lost her job, but, still, what a waste of a character. Jeff is at work. But it's a poorly lit office. There are NO employees. Nobodys is working! NOBODY! Not even him and Fallon. They just sit there and talk about the business they have and it's not even a business.

I would cancel the show by now for so many, many reasons. But since it's performing well altogether, I'm guessing we see a season 2. I would hope they write off the Colbys. Not good. It's the biggest flaw of the entire show. Not just Jeff, but now they are ruining Monica. She had rare interaction with Michael and just throws herself at him. They needed more scenes together. It was very unbelievable that happened that way it did.

Watching the episode made me think sort of the writers imagine the viewers not paying attention or high or something. It was unbelievable with Monica to get with Michael like that so soon. They needed MORE INTERACTION, at least a few more scenes together that were important...NOTHING and of course, "I need to let employees go." WHAT EMPLOYEES?

Plus Blake's father is written to be some carefree nutcase. I did not care for his character.

The only thing I did like was the Cristal and Iris story, but the ending was stupid, predictable, yet how the hell would that guy appear alive so fast after being mentioned and how would Blake know of him and where to find him? Totally stupid. Totally unbelievable. They are making Blake to be really powerful and greedy. I don't know if the original was anything like him. It's just stupid how he says he's not greedy and so many things happen that are affecting others around him.

Last edited:

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Jeff is such a nothing character to begin with it's a bit hard to believe he's all of a sudden a bad guy. On top of that, I don't really care about the Colbys here.

I tend to agree with @MarkSinacori about the company. The writers have Jeff and Fallon do a hell of a lot of talking without showing us much of anything which really only makes their storyline weaker.

I'm not particularly interested in Steven's fight with Blake, he always seems to border on getting somewhere and then he goes off in another direction. I wish he would just focus on whatever his main goal is and get it done.

Iris was ok but I don't really wish to see her any more than we did here, so all of that talk about her staying in needs to disappear. We barely see Cristal have a compelling story as it is, adding a sister element so early doesn't thrill me. I want to see Cristal at the office or taking to high society, not just trailing behind Blake at the house or making secret phone calls. I have no interest in this show turning into a crime drama on the same level as new Dallas did, I do think these writers have a better idea of what the essence of the show is and why changing genres completely would be a mistake.

It wasn't all bad though, I actually did enjoy the over the top nature of some of the scenes and the show itself is growing on me. The Christmas tree scene made me laugh, as did the part at the beginning with the characters all lined up waiting at the door. As usual some of the snappy dialogue wasn't that great but other lines were amusing.

Sammy Jo and Joseph are a surprisingly enjoyable pair too, I wish they had more scenes together.

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon singing was fun to see

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
IDK why Steven is bothering with skankslutwhore Trampy Ho when he could have Ted Dinard:

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed this episode but there are some weird elements that need to be eliminated rather sooner than later like The Colbys and Cristal's annoying family. Monica and Michael, this is basically out of nowhere but what else are they going to do with her? Although I am glad that she's no longer a glorified extra and getting at least something to do. Cesil Colby needs to stay in that prison, we've only seen him in a couple of scenes but I'm already tired of that guy. Jeff is still boring and weird. There's no personality. The Colbys are a real disappointment. Their increase in screen time is very worrying for me. Jesus Christ, have mercy.

On the more positive note - I really liked Blake's father Thomas (played by the wonderful Bill Smitrovich), what a refreshing character and a breath of fresh air. It would be really nice if they brought him back again for an episode or two when Alexis returns, you know he adores her and considers her the one and only true Mrs. Carrington. His lines cracked me a few times, he's a typical Trump supporter - old, rich, white, racist, homophobic, loves golf, guns, alcohol, cocaine, ladies. It could've been a disaster but Smitrovich was wonderfully convincing and very charming in the role. The show really needs to focus on The Carringtons and put them front and center. As for the cliffhanger ... well, I didn't see that coming which is a plus, things could get interesting. But they desperately (no pun intended, dear Nicollette) need Alexis. She needs to hop on that broom and get her ass back to Atlanta. ASAP!!!:byebye::byee:

Soapwriter12

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Actually th colbysrepresent the america that voted against Trump, while the Carringtons are surrogates for the Trumps.

The colbys are the heroes of the series.

Plus Tom, and blake are very much stereotypes that someone who never met an actual Trump supporter would be.

Mathew, claudia, and Willie are the closest to Trump supporters.

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Again no "full" opening credits. Just that short "dun dun - snap"-DYNASTY - finished. :( I hope this is really just due to too long episodes.
I hope the credits return in January and maybe a few seconds longer to have some more people in it (Monique, Alexis).

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Didn't they originally refer to Jeff's sister as Monique? I thought I had mis-heard when Jeff called her Monica, but then someone else did the same thing.

To all the folks demanding they get rid of the Colbys, you do recognize they provide the conflict of the series, right? A soap without villains is...dull. No conflict = no drama. I like that they've finally spelled out just what Jeff is up to, his motivations, etc. because now we can watch his scenes with an informed eye...and look back on the previous episodes to see there really was a lot more going on than appeared.

I agree that I think Iris has served her purpose and doesn't need to stick around. Revealing Cristal's secrets was more important than adding yet another character, especially one not in the original show's fabric. Of course it would be rich if she got a job as Alexis's personal assistant when Alexis hits town. They could sit around ragging on Cristal.

I feared the writers were going to write that the Biggest Secret of All was that the baby Cristal supposedly lost was in fact Sam, and we'd be stuck with the ridiculous idea that she was old enough to be Sam's mother. So I'm glad they didn't try that.

Best lines were from Anders and Tom Carrington. When Anders saw Cristal with a dish of "ethnic" food she had prepared, he was relieved, because his first fear was that Mrs. Gunderson had had a psychotic episode. And of course Tom delights in being un-PC, seeing Sam's antics and declaring "Boy, can that homosexual dance!"

I have to give them props for coming up with a viable reason for Blake to be a suspect in Ted's eventual death other than the original reason. Blake doesn't hate Ted because he's sleeping with Steven; he hates Ted because he's dragging Steven into a drug dependency/relapse.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Didn't they originally refer to Jeff's sister as Monique? I thought I had mis-heard when Jeff called her Monica, but then someone else did the same thing.

Not on the show, but rather the press releases referred to her as Monique rather than Monica. Makes me wonder if they spoiled something there - after all, she looks like she could be biracial...

To all the folks demanding they get rid of the Colbys, you do recognize they provide the conflict of the series, right? A soap without villains is...dull. No conflict = no drama. I like that they've finally spelled out just what Jeff is up to, his motivations, etc. because now we can watch his scenes with an informed eye...and look back on the previous episodes to see there really was a lot more going on than appeared.

Yep! I said the same thing about Monica when people though she was useless - there's probably more to that than meets the eye. It's interesting how impatient people are these days.

Of course it would be rich if she got a job as Alexis's personal assistant when Alexis hits town. They could sit around ragging on Cristal.

That position is reserved for Claudia!

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This long though?! Bad, bad writers! Jeff is a wimp and Monica it's just stupid she walks in and gets with Michael. Very lame all around. Not enjoying anyone in the family.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Then why keep watching? Just to rant? Too much time, no other hobbies? Not enough to do there in the Hollywoods?

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Then why keep watching? Just to rant? Too much time, no other hobbies? Not enough to do there in the Hollywoods?

I'm almost done watching. If they keep boring us with the same stuff. I could write the Colby's so much better.

They're lucky they got the Netflix deal, because it would have been cancelled weeks ago.

I really don't like any of the Colby's, due to bad writing. The rest of the characters have been interesting in some way. You don't sit around 9 episodes doing nothing in an office but all talk and then say to someone you're not who you seem to be. It's just stupid. After 9 episodes of just tagging along you don't just walk in and start sleeping with a character so many probably guessed would take a few episodes to sleep with, once that character actually has more to do after a few ongoing episodes around that guy...they are not writing the Colby's well. If it keeps up it's just gonna get more boring.

Last edited: