nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E02: Caution Never Won A War

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Description: As Blake and Fallon face legal troubles, Fallon and Adam handle the outcome of Liam's accident in very different ways; Anders visits Sam at the hotel, where they break ground and discover a room filled with valuable historical artifacts.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Description: As Blake and Fallon face legal troubles, Fallon and Adam handle the outcome of Liam's accident in very different ways; Anders visits Sam at the hotel, where they break ground and discover a room filled with valuable historical artifacts.

The collection. Or, in following up their snatching of the forum's ideas, a crystal skull.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Actually, the crystal skull already made its appearance (by popular demand) in last season's fight between Jeff and Adam. It went flying out of camera range, but of course in true crystal skull fashion, it will just keep popping up when you least expect or want it. Kinda like Adam.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
"Caution Never Won A War" is such a perfect DYNASTY phrase/title. Absolute nonsense! I'm sure caution won many a war. The phrase "proceed with caution" is a thing for a reason.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Though I would love it if they stumbled upon crates of Chiffon, Aqua-Net and shoulder pads, I'm assuming it will be some of Ada Stone's loot. I seem to recall her having scenes with Michael in rooms full of stolen art and such, so it might actually make some sense. Coincidence? Of course, but isn't there always those kinds of coincidences in soaps?

Bonus points, though, if they find a copy of Dame Joan's Past Imperfect among the artifacts. It would probably be the only piece in the collection that Sam would be interested in.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Right, it's Culhane and Blake's adventures in jail!

They remembered that Mack was wrapped in a body bag, that was never taken care of by Adam. Whoops! I guess this is why Cristal isn't arrested, since she didn't handle the body bag.

I guess we got the answer if Blake's and Cristal's wedding happened - it didn't. Quickie wedding #2 soon then.

Adam goes to visit Liam... is that really that smart? He'll sooner or later find out he's Adam and wonder why he was in his room...

They're definitively playing the amnesia thing for laughs, but it's no issue because it's such a silly storyline. Nice moment when Fallon climbed over Liam.

Cristal 3.0 is a hard-ass I guess.

Again, why can't Kirby find a hotel or motel to stay at?

That's a horrible painting of Sam. Really really awful.

Ooof, Culhane double-crossed Blake.

So Fallon's off the hook for Trixie. Blake and Cristal marries in jail. Dominique wants to handle the media, but Cristal decides that she's got it from here. Dominique isn't thrilled.

Poor Kirby is once again kicked out. How hard would it be for someone who owns a multi-million dollar company to find a place to stay to be honest?

Mason Carrington

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Urgh, why can’t Culhane just go away!? Why do the producers feel the need to bring the Carringtons down? They’re meant to be on top!

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Urgh, why can’t Culhane just go away!? Why do the producers feel the need to bring the Carringtons down? They’re meant to be on top!

But how fun would it be to constantly see Carringtons on top? Blake will get out of jail, don't worry.

I still say Culhane should've died a heroic death in the season 1 finale, but I do like him and Kirby together so.

Mason Carrington

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
But how fun would it be to constantly see Carringtons on top? Blake will get out of jail, don't worry.

I still say Culhane should've died a heroic death in the season 1 finale, but I do like him and Kirby together so.
I can’t stand either of them. The producers have no idea what to do with Kirby. And while I agree Blake will be out of jail, Culhane is the last person who should be able to outsmart Blake. Hopefully Blake will wipe that smug look (and that stupid fucking facial hair) off his face.

And now on to the amnesia. Just another reason to keep Fallon and Liam apart.

Last edited:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Reading these posts suggests Netflix might be onto something not screening Dynasty at this point. Sounds like the tone of Dynasty hasn't changed...remember I'm not watching this.

Perhaps I might revisit this post in May/June 2020 and add my two cents worth...

....sets alarm :wait:

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Reading these posts suggests Netflix might be onto something not screening Dynasty at this point. Sounds like the tone of Dynasty hasn't changed...remember I'm not watching this.

Perhaps I might revisit this post in May/June 2020 and add my two cents worth...

....sets alarm :wait:

Honestly, it probably will play better marathoned. IMO this has been two boring ass episodes. I feel like the pacing has slowed down and it's not quite as slapstick as it could be last year, but nothing is jumping out at me. All the characters seem to be in holding patterns and I can't point to one story that I want to see to it's conclusion. These two episodes have felt like episodes 4-5 when you slow things down and give us filler until your next big episode.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The premiere was better imo. This was an average second episode. With some good moments (Fallon, Liam and Laureen. and imo Cristal 3.0 is the charm. She has a better chemistry with the cast. She fits well. Just look a the mariage scene and dress. It works better than the season 2 finale "interrupted marriage" scene). But there were some boring moments. Michael and Blake in jail... Well the more I think about it, I think they ruined Blake. The character is kind of dumb, immature. He doesn't have that "respecting and a bit threatening" aura that OG Blake had. Writers kind of ruined Blake also by making him kill Mack. The man killed an other man. He took his life with absolutely no proof he was responsible for Mark's death and Cristal miscarriage. It's really hard for me to feel sympathy for Blake since.

One thing I noticed (and that's a good sign) is that characters do references to old situations/episodes. I like that. It feels like he new showruner wants to links the dots. Meaning that whatever happens now will have a fowling and hopefully consequences.

Anyway I can't wait to see Elaine Hendrix in Alexis' shoes (if it's not a rumor). I watched a few clips of her work, and she plays the bitch to the perfection.

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm watching it right now but let me tell you something - it's a struggle. Just watched Cristal #3 and Blake's jail wedding. Culhane is still an idiot. I advise Kirby to run away from him. Liam's amnesia played for laughs as predicted - how many times are we supposed to watch Fallon and his mom Laura going at it? It's getting really old and annoying.
No comment on Sammy Jo and Anders and their story of the week. It's not even worth it. Bye bye, Dynasty. That was more than enough!

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some notes :
- Liam is not faking amnesia.
- He has a 2 years memory loss. Classic soap amnesia as I unfortunately predicted. So Now I have to accept it, and smile at crazy situations between Fallon/Liam/Laureen.
- Sam/Anders story so far is not interesting. Yes, it's better than his social medias "stories" and I want to see where it goes.
- Adam is Adam. The pay of of all the bad he's done to Steven, Alexis, Fallon, Liam, Cristal, should have a huge epic pay of. It's really important that writers don't miss this one.
- Kirby is cute. But she should be working instead of caring about Michael Asshole Culhane. She needs to take care of Femperial and stay true to her word. Anyway, As I said, Femperial was just a convenient plot to get back Liam in the picture. Like I said months ago, I knew that Fallon would forget she has a business the moment she gets Liam in her bed. Well, I wasn't totally right : Fallon didn't forget Femperial. Kirby stole it. And does nothing with it. Well, I wasn't wrong either.
- Dominique is less flamboyant this time. But she still feels like a poor's man OG Alexis.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dominique is so keen to plaster her face all over the media, but wouldn't her secret children/family in New York be sort of....I dunno, put out by the way she's abandoned them in favor of her Atlanta relatives? They could very easily blow her plans out of the water if they show up.

Twelve executive producers? Granted three of them (the Shapiros and Sallie "so long, see ya" Patrick) likely only get a credit/check and don't actually contribute.

So they had a choice: focus on the very real prospect of Fallon heading up the river for Trixie's death, or focus on Fallon's comical attempts to jog Liam's memory. Guess which one won the battle.

I like the idea of Sam having a 'historic' hotel, but until they call it LaMirage (or even LaGarbage) I'm not invested. And the minute he saw the man's name, you would think he would have done an internet search and learned he was a great big homophobe.

I should be happy that Culhane got a murderer to basically confess, but I'm not...does that make me an accessory? Or just not a fan of Culhane's?

The fog is starting to lift...about damn time Liam fought back. If he only lost two years, he would still recall what a tyrannical, manipulative bitch his mother is and take it all with a grain of salt.

Fallon doing community service? Wonder if Dominique will get her photographer-friend to take pics of Fallon picking up trash along Peachtree Street! And speaking of picking up trash, I wonder if Laura were to find out Adam tried twice to kill her "precious Liam" that she would still pant after Adam that way? Something tells me "yes".

I know everyone's fascinated by 'bad-ass C3," but I could picture A-BC doing those "I'm taking charge" scenes with Dom and Adam. So it's not that much of a change. What really makes me smile is the image of Celia/NK doing them.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like the idea of Sam having a 'historic' hotel, but until they call it LaMirage (or even LaGarbage) I'm not invested. And the minute he saw the man's name, you would think he would have done an internet search and learned he was a great big homophobe.

I thought that too. That Sam would immediately take his phone to check things out. But as the girl said, his homophobia is not on wikipedia (meaning it's not really known)

I know everyone's fascinated by 'bad-ass C3," but I could picture A-BC doing those "I'm taking charge" scenes with Dom and Adam. So it's not that much of a change. What really makes me smile is the image of Celia/NK doing them.

It's funny. I was saying to myself "I can picture Nathalie Kelley's Cristal doing those things"...
And a thought (again lol) that they should never have her character killed...

Some decisions really kill a show in the long term. It took only 2 seasons for TWD to go from 17 millions viewers to 5 millions. It took 4 years for OG Dynasty to go from n°1 show to N°69...

Bad writing, Killing Cristal, getting rid of Steven (and yet keeping Michael), 2 new "real Cristal Flores", NS departure and Fallexis... This was too much. How did they go from a great season 1 finale to this awful mess ? Who is in charge ? Who took those decisions ?

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Well...

3x05: "Mother? I'm at La Mirage"