Susan Sullivan on the tale of two men. To Chase or not to Chase. With or without Richard.

Jock Og

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
13
 
Awards
36
Susan talks to Gary Collins in 1987, about how she pitched the idea of Maggie and Richard becoming an item. The so called 'behind the scenes' debacle between her and Bob Foxworth (Chase), as reported in the tabloid press was rubbished. The Women's Movement is also mentioned.




Angela visits Maggie and Richard, after the drama at the end of season 6. Chase is presumed drowned; (a scene from season 7, 1987 - '88):

Angela: "What a terrible tragedy, for all of us."

Maggie: "I don't think this is a tragedy for you Angela. I think it's a triumph!"

Angela: "Now, I understand your upset but ......"

Maggie: "Of course I'm upset. What do you think this is? A party."

Angela: "I think you should be sedated. Have you talked to the doctor?" she asks Richard.

Richard: "You better shut up and get out of here, before I put you in intensive care!"

Angela: "Chase and I didn't see eye to eye Maggie but believe me I didn't want him dead."

Maggie: "After everything that as happened you come in here and expect me to embrace you? Look at you! Look at you! The matriarch all dressed in black, paying condolence calls, laughing all the way to the ......

You turned your back on Chase, a long time ago. Don't you think I'm ever going to forget that."
 

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
21
I think Foxworth liked Susan, even if they might've had a prickly moment or two. And Robert McCullough said Sullivan was "almost a saint."

I certainly didn't like Chase & Maggie's long-term break up very much. Susan herself said she felt the characters had had a stronger bond than that.
 
Last edited:
Top