Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Why do trained men like Brando and Rory freeze when the hook attacks? I don't get it, but right now there are some things I don't understand about GH anymore.

Isn't it worse for Ava to believe that Nikolas got Elizabeth pregnant than to find out that Esme is expecting his child and is being held captive by him?

I don't like it when Elizabeth does really bad things, like when she hid from John Doe that he's Jason (not Jason actually, but Drew). Her behavior also does not correspond to her good-natured character at the moment.

Sonny comforted Liesl. I didn't like the scene because in the end it was all about Sonny and what a great person he is, as Nina had to mention later so that the last viewer would get it.

Maxie and Cody aren't related by blood, right? They would be a fun couple. I liked their scene better than basically the same scene in the next episode between Maxie and Sam.
Surprisingly, yes, the Cody/Maxie scene actually works. Still don't like Cody.
Britt would have been good with Austin

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It might be worthy of note that the Hook Killer is much better at killing men than women: all the women survived, while all the men except Nikolas* have died. Nik gets the asterisk because I don't think that was the "real" Hook Killer attacking him, but was Esme impersonating the killer.

I know they killed Rory because the actor got cast in another show, but I'm still kind of bummed to see Rory go before we really got to know him. They were obviously setting up future revelations in the story by the odd staging/blocking during the scene where Rory got "hooked," but in the midst of all that drama, I could not help but laugh at how Jordan and Dante were totally unconcerned about the dead guy in the apartment. Jordan literally stepped over him and continued talking to Dante as if he did not exist. No "rendering aid," no checking for a pulse, no nothing.

I read about the Sonny/Liesl scenes and could not believe they actually did that. Yes, everyone has to eventually "kiss the ring" of awful Sonny, but I recall a very different scene many years ago where she actually put him in his place. Back when she was Chief of Staff at GH, there was a shootout on the docks that sent two or three extras into the Emergency Room. Sonny was there checking on "one of his guys". Liesl glared at him and said that she had nothing to say to him, since her staff was constantly having to "fix up" all the people who ended up in her ER because of his "illicit business dealings". She saved the lives of those he tried to end. Then she told him to get out of "her" hospital. It was a thing of beauty, since she was still viewed as this bad-ass villain who was not to be crossed. I guess the current regime thinks that since Nina and Sonny are together that Liesl ought to be part of that plot bubble, but....NO. No, she should not be. Not only has she shown disdain for Sonny's mob ties, but what would her dear Scotty think if he found out she thought positive thoughts about one of his greatest enemies? Also, why would Sonny be so nice to the woman who held his beloved Robin captive for years?

The latest Elizabeth story is astonishingly bad. It's obvious (well, I think it is) that they are so eager to move on from the DOA story with Jeff and Carolyn that they thrust her into the Esme/Nik plot without really planning ahead. If they were better able to do a course-correction, it would be ideal for Liz to go to Ava and tell her the real story with Esme in the North Tower (or is it the South Tower?). Let the story be Ava's and pull Liz out of it as quickly as they put her in it. Rumors continue to swirl that Marcus Coloma (Nikolas) has been fired, though I have not dug around to see how true the rumors are. If they have to recast, maybe they can have Nikolas and Esme head off to Cassadine Island for a while, while Ava eats Victor Cassadine's lunch and sends him the bill.

Edited to add: Yes, Marcus Coloma was let go. There is a lot of confusion about the timing--was he fired mid-contract, or was his contract up and they just decided not to renew? It's been reported he refused to stick around to film Nikolas's exit scenes once he was informed of the dismissal.

Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Simply not showing up for work is really not good manners. Doesn't that damage your reputation? If Katherine Heigl can survive something like this, maybe MC can too. I didn't like the fact that you constantly needed a TempRecast for him and I won't really miss him.

Is this Tyler Christopher's big shot at a comeback? I'm a little concerned if Spencer's chemistry with OG Nikolas will still be as good, but if Nicholas Chavez leaves the show as soon as possible due to his talent, the two could be only on air a few months together anyway.

What I could do without right now is the constant flashbacks of Jocelyn and Dex.

Rory was a prime suspect to me. How can you be wrong! Strangely, I still suspect Gregory, perhaps disguised as a woman. He's always around crime scenes, but it would be amazing if a man in his 70s could kill former soldier Brando.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
The hook killer supposedly has a connection to Trina, and is a woman.

Is Heather escaping?
Could it be Olivia Jerome (also escaping?)
Taggart is Trina's Father. Could his sister, Gia be the hook?
I know it is a longshot, but it is not Esme.

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Simply not showing up for work is really not good manners. Doesn't that damage your reputation? If Katherine Heigl can survive something like this, maybe MC can too. I didn't like the fact that you constantly needed a TempRecast for him and I won't really miss him.

Is this Tyler Christopher's big shot at a comeback? I'm a little concerned if Spencer's chemistry with OG Nikolas will still be as good, but if Nicholas Chavez leaves the show as soon as possible due to his talent, the two could be only on air a few months together anyway.

What I could do without right now is the constant flashbacks of Jocelyn and Dex.

Rory was a prime suspect to me. How can you be wrong! Strangely, I still suspect Gregory, perhaps disguised as a woman. He's always around crime scenes, but it would be amazing if a man in his 70s could kill former soldier Brando.
It would be great if Tyler C. returned.
His working with Genie Francis again would be great
I think Adam Huss would be great - I liked his fill-in performance.
He brings a more imposing presence to the role
Didn't care for Nick S.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The issue of MC leaving without doing his farewell scenes is why I was so curious about his contract status. If they waited until his contract ran out to fire him, then I would hold no grudge against him for walking out before the scenes were shot. I mean, if you're fired, you are no longer getting paid to work, so the 'deal' has officially ended. If you are a waiter and get fired, would you agree to come in and work a few days because they're now short-handed? If, however, they were letting him go but paying him for the remainder of his 13-week cycle (as they are currently doing with Johnny Wactor, who was let go mid-cycle), MC was obligated to stick around as long as they did need him. So I'm not immediately going to criticize Coloma until I know what his contract status is/was.

I have to laugh at some of the GH discussions online where people are slamming Marcus Coloma for "unprofessional behavior" and in the same breath clamoring for Tyler Christopher to be re-hired. Yes, Tyler Christopher who repeatedly showed up late to work, frequently drunk or drugged, and causing such havoc that he had to be fired--from two different soaps. It could be said that the disastrous state of the Nikolas character in 2022 can be traced back to storyline concessions and write-arounds that had to be done in their effort to cater to Tyler C and his personal issues. I think they need to give the Nikolas character a bit of a rest, but he's in the middle of so many stories right now that it would be a disservice to all the actors around him who will be left adrift. So the show will likely hire some emergency recast who may or may not be better than Coloma, if they aren't willing to take the risk of bringing Tyler Christopher back.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
So sad to hear about Sonya Eddy.
Epiphany was one of my favorite characters. She was strong, hard working, intelligent, charismatic, and did not suffer fools.
I was liking Epiphany and Marshall/
My deepest sympathies to SE's loved ones.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This might (ought to?) be the final nail in the coffin of the Nurses Ball. Her singing was one of the regular highlights of the event, which has been getting lamer and lamer every year.

It would actually be easy for the writers to say Epiphany did indeed pass her MCAT's and was accepted to medical school somewhere out of town. I'd rather have the character live on elsewhere than have her killed off.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
In the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest (which was in print before Marcus Coloma's exit), the gossip section (which never names names) reveals that the performer is terrorizing the show's cast/crew, including unleashing fury on producers, directors, and other crew. Staff does their best to avoid contact, but co-stars and key departments are forced to smile and play nice to not upset production. It's a tense situation.

Normally, SOD's accounts of behind-the-scenes behavior aren't that drastic, so it could actually be Marcus Coloma, who was ultimately no longer acceptable to Disney.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The issue of MC leaving without doing his farewell scenes is why I was so curious about his contract status. If they waited until his contract ran out to fire him, then I would hold no grudge against him for walking out before the scenes were shot. I mean, if you're fired, you are no longer getting paid to work, so the 'deal' has officially ended. If you are a waiter and get fired, would you agree to come in and work a few days because they're now short-handed? If, however, they were letting him go but paying him for the remainder of his 13-week cycle (as they are currently doing with Johnny Wactor, who was let go mid-cycle), MC was obligated to stick around as long as they did need him. So I'm not immediately going to criticize Coloma until I know what his contract status is/was.
Quoting myself is so narcissistic. :cool: But I feel a certain vindication for my holding back judgment on the MC departure now that this has dropped:
Marcus Coloma Did Not Film Final ‘General Hospital’ Scenes “Due To Health Issues” – Deadline

Basically, his contract was running out and they were not renewing it. A "non-renewal" is equal to firing, just not the dramatic yelling/insulting scene one equates with getting fired. They say (and I have no reason to not believe) he had another positive Covid test and the producers let him go ahead and leave because of that. I think some pot-stirring person in the PR office decided to choose the wording in a way that made it sound like Coloma walked out, and of course the fans online who don't like his portrayal of Nikolas took this and ran with it. I wonder if the Covid explanation will be reported as widely as the original speculation was? Nah, me neither.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
So if Marcus Coloma walked like an angel on set and had to leave because he was sick too often, the question arises as to which performer is terrorizing the show's cast/crew. Which show is it? The CBS soaps have so many veterans nobody can afford to terrorize, so it's either Days of our Lives or General Hospital. I still think it's Marcus Coloma because aside from Maurice Benard, who has a heart for the crazy, no one in the cast really seems to miss him.

I hope Kim doesn't come back. If Drew finally remembers his life and his love for Kim, it could be an interesting conflict between Carly and Kim, but since I have a hunch that Drew's imprisonment worked like a very long meditation on him and he's only focused on the here and now, I assume Kim is no longer an issue for him.

Last edited:

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
The writing for this show is a mess. The charisma of the actors who are playing popular characters is saving the show.
I am beginning to suspect that Esme has a twin who could be the hook.
Will Britt be the next victim?
Scenario: Nicholas escapes to Cassadine Island with Esme,
Esme twin surfaces, names original Esme as the hook, thus absolving Elizabeth, since both Nicholas and Esme have gone.
If Nicholas is recast, Adam Huss would be a good choice, but I suspect
bringing back Tyler Christopher is possible. Didn't care for Nick Stabile.
Or is Victor using mind control on the deputy mayor? And to what end? Again, the writing.
Or is Ryan's ex wife still alive, somehow? Seems Impossible but...
How do Heather and Ryan fit? who knows, but a twin would be Heather's secret that he could leverage somehow.
I know this sounds far-fetched - but the writing?

BTW Alley Mills is clearly having fun with Heather and amping it up.
Still do not like Cody, and maybe he should be Leopold's son after all.
Dante/Sam and Liz/Finn do not make it IMHO
Bring Brook Lyn and Chase together again.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So if Marcus Coloma walked like an angel on set and had to leave because he was sick too often
Oh, I would never have said that. I'm inclined to believe MC's contract was not renewed because he simply isn't up to the challenge of playing this complex character, and looks even more out of place when most of his scenes are opposite powerhouses like Maura West, Genie Francis, and Becky Herbst. He doesn't give off the vibe of a Cassadine Prince in the way Tyler Christopher did (at least when he was sober). Even newcomer Nicholas Chavez gives off more of that necessary charisma and conflict as Spencer than Coloma does as Nikolas. I think the contrast of those two in particular in scenes led the producers to this decision.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I am beginning to suspect that Esme has a twin who could be the hook.
Will Britt be the next victim?
I guess you're right about the twin. Soap Opera Digest just gave this preview about the hook: "The Hook killer’s ultimate plan takes shape — and takes another life in the process. The identity of the killer will be revealed to the audience soon.” So I'm afraid Britt will be the one we're going to lose, because Britt's preview says: "“Britt’s choice to face her disease alone or in Port Charles with her friends and family has profound consequences for herself and others.”

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I had guests over while GH played in the background today. A lot of stuff going on, but I was unable to give it the attention it deserved. I should have asked them to leave. :laughing:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I wish the latest episode was just awesome, but there were too many filler scenes (Carly & Drew and Sam & Dante) to make it an amazing episode. Sam & Dante remind me so much of Sam & Patrick. It's about time to break them up. Of course Sam had to remind Dante that without Sonny Port Charles would already be in the hands of the baddest criminals around.

The second Britt left the Hunted Star early and Joss got attacked on the pier I worried (all weekend) about Britt. She may have survived Monday's episode, but will she survive this whole week?

If that's the real hook, I'm fine with that. I didn't want it to be a twin so it's better although it's amazing how much strength a woman of a certain age can still have.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Was it cosmic justice? Carly's Jason dies helping Britt save her mother and Britt dies saving Carly's daughter. I hope once Anna is back we get a lovely scene between her and Liesl.