What was the last film you watched?

Spooky Owl!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
22
The original SALEM'S LOT (1979) with David Soul, James Mason, Geoffrey Lewis, and footstamp-stealing-cutie Lance Kerwin, based on a Steven King novel.

As I had recalled from when I first saw it, it's waaay above average for most made-for-TV movies at the time. It has a nice, mature, leisurely atmosphere, focusing on mood, good acting, and a sense of location, instead of brain dead pseudo-scares (at least, the full length 183 minute version does -- a chopped-up version was released to theatres later).

And it's so nice that Mr Soul lost that beer-&-mashed-potatoes gut from Season 4 of STARSKY & HUTCH.

22abfde28ec9f3222d96a035bb5d1b88.jpg


Salem-s-Lot-james-mason-26395738-633-478.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Maryann

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
The last 2 movies were:

Open Water
sad/horror movie about a scuba couple diving vacationers who were abandoned at sea because the ship's crew took a incorrect head count when it is time to get back on ship and left them behind. Then sharks eventually come a swimming near and around them.

Driving Miss Daisy
I have seen it about 5 times and it never gets old and I am never tired of watching, great movie.
 
Top