What was the last film you watched?

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
yes actually i did mean that movie i liked it i thought it was a good movie but i'm prolly never going to watch it again i was just to lazy to look up the title lol
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
i see someone mentioned the Tremors films i love those! the best ones i think are the 2 i think. part 3 is decent 4 is okay and part 5 sucks ass. i haven't seen any of the ones after that though
 

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53
View attachment 25717

I wasn't in the mood to watch anything in particular so I figured I'd be safe with a Hitchcock remake.
The movie was just intriguing enough to keep me awake and there's nothing in it that's going to upset anyone. It's more like a very long and very pleasant episode of Downton Abbey.
I wasn't a big fan. It had not of the tension or mystery of the Hitchcock version. I would sum it up by saying it was bland.
 

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53
Theatre Of Blood (1973)

MV5BMTQwODcwNTIyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUyMTM4NA@@._V1_.jpg


Up there with the most bizarre films I've seen. It's genuinely horrific at times but the tongue never leaves the cheek. It's quirkily British, with a backdrop of early Seventies London and its surrounding areas.

And it features an impressive cast of big names of the time. Where else can one watch Vincent Price sawing Arthur Lowe's head off to a jolly soundtrack while Diana Rigg passes the instruments and Joan Hickson as Lowe's wife, mistakes the sawing for snoring and scolds her hubby. Or Robert Morley being force fed poodle pie - made from his beloved dogs - until he chokes. Or Diana Dors smothered for making noisy orgasmic groans while being massaged.

I honestly don't know if I enjoyed it, but I think I might have. I do want to giggle slightly hysterically when I think back on it.

@James from London can take the blame credit for this one as it was one of the films mentioned in a British comedy podcast he put me on to a couple of months ago.


Theater-of-Blood-1973-7.jpg
Theatre-of-Blood-classic--011.jpg
vlcsnap-2013-07-18-20h22m59s222.jpg
I absolutely love this film. It's a brilliant combination of humour and horror. The storyline is almost identical to The Abominable Dr. Phibes (which I also loved) and also starred Vincent Price.
 
Last edited:

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53
Mank (2020)

EoW-70oVoAEJ8Ao.jpg


I hated it. It's a triumph of style over substance. The film looks beautiful and they cleverly shot many scenes to look like scenes from Citizen Kane which was fun but the plot was one big yawn.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
well i watched X-men Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut (2014) and this one is i think far superior i have both of them since both aren't on 4K the Rogue Cut isn't i have that on bluray but the Theatrical Cut is on 4K and i have that. this is 17 minutes longer and is 148 minutes instead of 131 minutes and it's well worth a watch if you like the x-men. 50/10
 

Spells & Karma

Admin
LV
17
 
Awards
46
Mushrooms (1995)

MV5BYjkwYzBlODAtOTZiYy00MDI3LWE1NWMtNGFkMWIzOTY1ZTZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg


Starring Elena, Duchess Of Branagh's mum from Bed Of Roses. And a woman who looks like the result of a three way/one night stand between Michelle Phillips, Helena Bonham Carter and Daisy from Keeping Up Appearances.

The film itself is bizarre but wonderful. ImagineThe League Of Gentlemen taking over an Aussie soap and retooling it to be The Trouble With Harry and you're on the right lines.

(Spoiler-filled trailer warning)

 

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53
Detroit (2017)

Detroitposter2.jpg


A film to open your eyes and make you angry. It's a drama about police violence and discrimination against black people in Detroit but the way the police terrorised a group of innocent people who they wanted to charge for a crime was so tense and genuinely scary that the film was more of a thriller or even a horror.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
really? i loved Patch Adams (1998) another film and this one i may get a lot of flack on and i get why, i had bought a couple years ago The Predator (2018) on accident at wallmart it was only i think $10 and how was it an accident? the cover to the 4K is similar to the Original (1987) classic i think or at least one of the covers anyways.

i finally got off my ass late last night and watched it and i went in with low really low expectations because of the hatred this film gets, and i do agree that having a kid bring the predators to earth well one of them anyways the other was already on the planet. the kid did it by accident but still and so i was really surprised on how much i enjoyed it it was far better than i thought it would be, some of it was CGI but not all of it was and while i do agree that they shouldn't have had any CGI in it at all it was far better than the 2nd Alien Vs. Predator (2004) film that one i really enjoyed too the 2nd one though was just plain awful and it wasn't so much the script it was how it was shot it had so much darkness that i could barely see what the hell was even going on to me that's a bad film. but for the ones i watched 10/10.
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
PATCH ADAMS with Robin Williams. Just awful..
Why would you subject yourself to this? Why? I hate this movie. I HATE IT. I had to sit through it several years ago when my sister came to visit and we watched it together with our Mom. Do you know who else hates it? Dr. Hunter "Patch" Adams. The filmmakers bought the rights to Dr. Adam's life story then wrote a fictional screenplay.
• Adams checking himself into the psych ward as a middle-aged man: didn't happen.
• His experience in the psych ward (which didn't happen) motivating him to become a doctor: didn't happen.
• Adams going to med school in middle-age and earning his degree in record time: didn't happen.
• Adams and his colleagues stealing medical supplies from the hospital to stock his clinic: didn't happen.
• Monica Potter's character: a male colleague of Adams was killed by a disturbed patient but the rest (young female, romantic interest, survivor of sexual assault) was fiction.
• Practicing medicine without a license and having to defend himself in a hearing that tries really hard to be Frank Capra-esque: didn't happen.
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
After reading about it on this site I decided to watch The Baby.
baby.jpg


I wasn't sure what to expect. I had seen the trailer for it so I had some idea. Ruth Roman starring in it was a draw. Suspenseful and creepy - very creepy. Surprisingly effective, well produced and acted. Nice twist ending. I can't believe it only received a PG rating; it's not gory but it definitely isn't suitable for kids. I learned afterward that the director, Ted Post, also directed the Clint Eastwood "Dirty Harry" movie Magnum Force the same year.

 
Top