- Awards
- 17
I didn’t think it was THAT bad when I saw it back then but it was bad enough. I liked the final scene but I’m not sure if that was because it was a nice twist or because the movie was finally over.
I didn’t think it was THAT bad when I saw it back then but it was bad enough. I liked the final scene but I’m not sure if that was because it was a nice twist or because the movie was finally over.
One of my all time favorite films! I can’t count how many times I’ve seen it. No matter what anyone believes about that whole story or what their opinion is on what happened, it’s definitely worth seeing.JFK (1991)
![]()
It's only taken me three decades to get around to watching it. Naturally I've now lined up a number of documentaries that were suggested after watching.
I'd considered watching it over two evenings, but once the exposition started being fed it was fated that I had to watch in one sitting. Otherwise I'd never pick up the strands again. Fortunately I only had to pee once, but I did also break my own no-eating-during-the-film rule as I feared I'd waste away if I waited until it ended.
One of my all time favorite films! I can’t count how many times I’ve seen it.
No matter what anyone believes about that whole story or what their opinion is on what happened, it’s definitely worth seeing.
And why does that rule exist? (but then again, I usually press pause, go into the kitchen for a bite and drink and then return with a cig, so technically speaking it's not during the playtime of the movie).I did also break my own no-eating-during-the-film rule
And why does that rule exist?
A certain actress here on tellytalk agrees with youAnd because I find rustling and crunching - even my own - distracting when watching a film

A certain actress here on tellytalk agrees with you![]()
Naturally I've now lined up a number of documentaries that were suggested after watching.
There were some weird choices made by the director or editor which didn't work such as scenes filmed with hand held cameras which gave them an unsteady, jerky feel, fast edits and the use of a rap song as background music.
I remember seeing this years ago and I thought it had potential. I actually thought it was pretty good for awhile but the ending made no sense to me. Without giving anything away it felt like it could’ve ended about 30 minutes before it did with the end of the trial. I’m not sure why they kept it going. It seemed like the story had already finished.The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)
![]()
That's 2 hours of my life I won't get back. A clichéd courtroom drama that failed to grab my attention to the extent that I didn't care whether or not the accused was found guilty or not guilty. There were some weird choices made by the director or editor which didn't work such as scenes filmed with hand held cameras which gave them an unsteady, jerky feel, fast edits and the use of a rap song as background music. It possibly would have worked in an action film but not in a film that is otherwise trying to be a tense drama.
I’ve always wanted to see this but have never gotten around to it. I read the book years ago and found it very enjoyable.And last night I watched...
RFK Must Die: The Assassination Of Bobby Kennedy (2008)
I’ve always wanted to see this but have never gotten around to it. I read the book years ago and found it very enjoyable.
Oh dear. That sounds dreadful.
Amazingly, the film had some good reviews but so maybe I wasn't seeing something in it that others were. The twist and the end wouldn't have worked if the film had built suspense and tension but it never did so when the twist happened I just thought "who care?"I remember seeing this years ago and I thought it had potential. I actually thought it was pretty good for awhile but the ending made no sense to me.
I've also lined up the documentary about the killing of Lee Harvey Oswald, which was made by the same guy.
I remember when this came out around the time of the 50th anniversary of the assassination. I was looking forward to it as well but I couldn’t help but be very disappointed by it.I watched this tonight...
Killing Oswald (2013)
This is one for those with a die-hard interest in this subject, I'd say. The trailer makes it look quite compelling, but it's mostly men with dandruff delivering dry information to camera in a monotone.
I'm going to watch this. Like you, I've never heard of this film but I really love the work of Christopher Plummer so I need to see this as it sounds really good.I hadn't heard of this and so went in completely uninformed. And it blew me away. Powerful, touching, unsettling and shocking, with beautiful performances all round, but especially from Christopher Plummer and Martin Landau.