Which shows do you have the COMPLETE series for on DVD?

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Did you receive this yet? I got this box set recently and have watched the first 3. I'm going to gradually make my way through when I have the time.
There was a good re-watch thread on this last year, where a couple of forum members reviewed the whole series. Perhaps we can post on there from time to time as we go through!
You flatter me to say I reviewed the whole series. @Mel O'Drama, did the reviewing, I just added a some of my opinions on each of the episodes. It was a very enjoyable thread to participate in though.

Here's the thread if you're looking for it. I'd certainly love to read some of your views as you go through and I'm sure @Angela Channing would as well.
I definitely would!

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
60s ABC West/Ward Batman, repackaged keepcase all-in-one

batman1.jpg

batman2.jpg

batmanepisodeguide2.jpg

batmanepisodeguide3.jpg

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Way too many. So I don’t feel too guilty I’ll just list the US shows:
* Cheers
* Murder, She Wrote
* Roseanne
* The Simpsons (well everything that’s released at least!)
* The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
* Seinfeld
* Home Improvement
* Frasier
* NYPD Blue
* The X Files
* Friends
* ER
* Everybody Loves Raymond
* Sabrina The Teenage Witch
* King of the Hill
* Will and Grace (not the revival though)
* Futurama
* Malcolm in the Middle
* CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
* Two and a Half Men
* The Office

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Because I've bought season-by-season it's only just dawned on me that I can now FINALLY say in here that I own Sons And Daughters on DVD in its entirety.

Just a few short years ago, if someone had told me this would ever happen* I'd have thrown back my head and laughed.

Next stop: Knots Landing: The Deluxe Fourteen Season Blu-ray box-set?!

* Not to mention the fact that Rowena Wallace would sign four of 'em and personalise one of those.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
after having to do a search for this thread lol i finally found it but don't worry it took me like 2 seconds to find it lol anyways i FINALLY bought the Complete Law & Order 20 seasons dvd set i've watched this sucker since (2011) when it 1st came out and i've wanted them all on dvd since (2005) since i 1st started buying them on dvd i am only on season 1 episode #3 thus far and damn i wish season #21 was this good it wasn't an awful season but it wasn't nearly as good as season #1 that's for damn sure.

and speaking of season #21 it's odd that it's not on dvd yet i wonder if it ever even will be put out on dvd?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Because I've bought season-by-season it's only just dawned on me that I can now FINALLY say in here that I own Sons And Daughters on DVD in its entirety.

Just a few short years ago, if someone had told me this would ever happen* I'd have thrown back my head and laughed.

* Not to mention the fact that Rowena Wallace would sign four of 'em and personalise one of those.
I am a bit late to all of this! Just did a quick google search and see that each boxset is priced around £100 is that right? Or did you buy directly from a site?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Just did a quick google search and see that each boxset is priced around £100 is that right? Or did you buy directly from a site?

That sounds about right. They're quite the investment. I bought most of mine direct from the distribution company, Via Vision, and I think it worked out around £100 per set (worth it for the Rowena Wallace signatures).

I did get one on the world's favourite shopping site named after a river and I think that was a little less, but not by much.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards

That's a great purchase @Mel O'Drama, i hope you will get the next seasons too. I remember watching this show on tv but never saw the last few years.

I hope Knots Landing will get a complete boxset too how hard can it be, i'm really longing for thit show to come out on dvd or blu-ray, i still leaves me with only two seasons, and i;m affraid to buy buy bootlegs, because i will never know if i will recieve my dvd's.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'd like to point out that the Collection 3 box set is just as big as #1, 2 and 5. For some reason it looks smaller.

It's just a shame, the 90º text rotation is accurate.

That's a great purchase @Mel O'Drama, i hope you will get the next seasons too.

Thanks PC.

This is actually every episode ever made. Thy made six seasons in all, and there's one season per box.

I remember watching this show on tv but never saw the last few years.

To be fair, you've probably seen the best of the show, but if you ever feel like revisiting it or watching those final years, there's a very chatty S&D thread over in the Aussie soap forum. ;)

I hope Knots Landing will get a complete boxset too how hard can it be, i'm really longing for thit show to come out on dvd or blu-ray

I feel the same, but with each passing year I feel more resigned to the fact that it won't happen (sadly).

But then, I never thought we'd see the complete Sons and Daughters on DVD either, so never say never.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is actually every episode ever made. Thy made six seasons in all, and there's one season per box.
I always thought Sons & Daughters had made more seasons, but as a child everything also seemed to last much longer, but 6 seasons is not too bad, I have DVD box sets of a Dutch day time soap that has more than 30 seasons of which I only I have 18 seasons on DVD, I didn't want to go further than season 25 myself, after that the series became boring and long-winded.

To be fair, you've probably seen the best of the show, but if you ever feel likevisiting it or watching those final years, there's a very chatty S&D thread over in the Aussie soap forum. ;)
I think i did seen the best of Son And Daughters in the beginning,, i don't know what happend why i lost my interest in the show, gues there wehere to many tv-shows that i want to watch back then.

I feel the same, but with each passing year I feel more resigned to the fact that it won't happen (sadly).
Yes i know the feeling, i also got a feeling we won't see any season's coming out on dvd, and i don't think it wil happen any time soon

But then, I never thought we'd see the complete Sons and Daughters on DVD either, so never say never.

Yes it's a miracle that they release other show on dvd but not the one's we love like Knots Landing, but more tv-shows are poping out on dvd like The Colbys so miracles do exist

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
but more tv-shows are poping out on dvd like The Colbys so miracles do exist

I never would imagine that The Colbys spinoff would get an all-in-one (in this case, a both-in-one, as it was only 2 gos from 1985-87).

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Crawfords have also started to release The Box, which I've never seen but have heard a lot about. But that has the same issue - it would be very expensive to get it shipped from Australia if it were even possible.
You can buy it from eatonfilms (see below) which I think is the UK distribution arm of Crawfords or something.

I’ve bought a few DVD sets from them myself including episodes of The Box and Cop Shop.

Last edited:

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I always thought Sons & Daughters had made more seasons, but as a child everything also seemed to last much longer, but 6 seasons is not too bad

Well, most seasons have something like 175 episodes each, so there's a whole lot of material there.

i don't know what happend why i lost my interest in the show, gues there wehere to many tv-shows that i want to watch back then.

It has some rocky patches in its latter days, but there's lots of gold to be mined and it's worth it for having a pretty decent ending which brings things full circle.

You can buy it from eatonfilms (see below) which I think is the UK distribution arm of Crawfords or something.

Thanks. I looked into this some years ago after making that post, and thought about it but decided to wait until I was feeling extravagant and then forgot all about it. I really enjoyed Number 96, so I suspect it would be up my street. Plus Judy Nunn playing a scheming, sexually aggressive bisexual TV journalist sounds too good to miss.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on what you've seen.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, most seasons have something like 175 episodes each, so there's a whole lot of material there.
Okay, that's why i fought it was going on for so long, just like a Dutch day time soap i have on dvd, also contains between 190 and 220 episode per season, but that soap is still going on but i only liked the first 25 seasons, so i have a little more to watch. ;) :D

It has some rocky patches in its latter days, but there's lots of gold to be mined and it's worth it for having a pretty decent ending which brings things full circle.
I love these kind of soap series that has a great ending when the series comes full circle. :D

Englishboy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'd be interested to know your thoughts on what you've seen.

Well let me start off by saying that it’s quite a long time (ie several years) since I last watched volume 1 episodes of The Box.

My main reason for purchasing it was because it features appearances from a number of actors from the greatest Aussie soap of them all, Prisoner Cell Block H including George Mallaby (Paul Reid in PCBH) who appears in this as programme controller, Paul Donovan and Lois Ramsey (variously Agnes Forster and Ettie Parslow in PCBH) who plays tea lady, Mrs Hopkins in The Box.

Also, Rod Hardy who directed several early blocks of
PCBH serves as a director on several of these episodes of The Box as well.

Here’s my verdict.

Despite my best efforts and much as I tried I just could not get into it. I just do not get or understand its appeal.

It was very forgettable. I cannot remember the specifics of any of the storylines and just recall finding it to be very bland and dull and dead.

Also, from what I can recall its content was not remotely risqué or erotic. Unlike Number 96 (
which I adore) there was no fun or comedic element in the episodes I saw either.

Also, I would imagine that it was a very cheap show to produce. Even though it is supposedly set in a TV station you never get to see the inner bowels of a working television studio. Rather, the majority of the action takes place from behind many a large desk in a few ‘cheap‘ office sets.

As for Judy Nunn’s character, I had long since given up on watching it long before I ever reached those episodes.

Also, my viewing experience wasn’t aided by the fact that all the episodes I watched were filmed entirely in black and white.

Suffice to say that I won’t be ordering any more episodes of The Box anytime soon.

Indeed, when I was having a declutter a while ago, I actually binned the volume 1 boxset without even having watched every episode.

Having said all that it’s just my opinion and I could never get into Sons and Daughters either (which you and many others on the forum enjoy) so, don’t let me put you off buying it.

Last edited: