A new Alexis? Seriously?

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
I just cant wrap my head around the idea of someone else as Alexis.
Ha!


But it's fun thinking about it.

Who knows, they might find a real close doppelganger





article-2301869-19050F6D000005DC-412_306x423.jpg
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
To be fair most people don't remember the first season of DYNASTY. At least not casual fans. I can imagine me hate watching and yelling and throwing things at the TV when a non Joan Collins appears as Alexis.

What if Joan Collins herself had a say in the casting, and once the final actress was cast, Joan herself gave a thumb's up? (Yes, I realize that's utterly ridiculous and likely to never happen, but hey, this is a "what if" scenario! lol)
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4

"The old money/new money thing, mahogany and marble, the crystal and gilt, the oil and oil paintings, fountains and clock towers and lily ponds. Cobwebbed art studio encounters, the venom and vitriol, furs, champagne and diamonds and sequins."

Yup. :D
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Honestly I don't know. I just cant wrap my head around the idea of someone else as Alexis. Could you imagine another JR Ewing? Joan Collins is Alexis and Alexis is DYNASTY.
Of course, but the reason I could enjoy Alice Krige as Alexis (although she was playing Joan Collins) was because the rest of the cast was different too.

Right. The whole cast is going to be different. So maybe you can think of it all as a DYNASTY parody?

I mean, I've seen a bunch of DYNASTY parodies with several different actresses (or drag queens, haha) playing Alexis, all of them amusing and some even convincing. I think it could be done.

But of course, it all comes down to what the new showrunners want the show to be about, and how they'll make the characters out to be like and such. Oh my gosh, I suddenly wondered... what if they have Alexis be the "Madeline" that she was originally going to be? 0_0
 

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Honestly I don't know. I just cant wrap my head around the idea of someone else as Alexis. Could you imagine another JR Ewing? Joan Collins is Alexis and Alexis is DYNASTY.

- That´s it!!!!! Every other Alexis is FAKE!
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
I think I can get used to it when all characters are recast. If it had only been Alexis, then it would be too weird. (Although Daytime soaps recast longtime characters all the time, which I am kinda used to).

I think I will be easily able to rate this show on its own merits. A reset version 2.0. Dynasty 1 and Dynasty 2, both beginning with Blake marrying a new woman that his kids aren't loving, but with 2 different casts and eras.

I will try not to have any expectations, just treat it as a new primetime soap.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I think I can get used to it when all characters are recast. If it had only been Alexis, then it would be too weird. (Although Daytime soaps recast longtime characters all the time, which I am kinda used to).

I think I will be easily able to rate this show on its own merits. A reset version 2.0. Dynasty 1 and Dynasty 2, both beginning with Blake marrying a new woman that his kids aren't loving, but with 2 different casts and eras.

I will try not to have any expectations, just treat it as a new primetime soap.

Good attitude. :)
 

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I think I can get used to it when all characters are recast. If it had only been Alexis, then it would be too weird. (Although Daytime soaps recast longtime characters all the time, which I am kinda used to).

I think I will be easily able to rate this show on its own merits. A reset version 2.0. Dynasty 1 and Dynasty 2, both beginning with Blake marrying a new woman that his kids aren't loving, but with 2 different casts and eras.

I will try not to have any expectations, just treat it as a new primetime soap.

- I TRY it....but it´s hard for me! I wanted my Carringtons back on TV so badly... I wanted to see Linda & Joan bringing glamour & hate back in Denver ....
I just have hope that a if a new Dynasty has good ratings their (maybe) will some interest in the original....
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
It will be interesting to watch how the new show-runners steer this re-boot. I hope they allow the characters of Blake, Fallon, Steven and Cristal to settle before the introduction of Blake's first wife. The problem I foresee is the viewers expectations of Alexis Carrington's imminent arrival. If the re-boot begins to fail after several episodes do they rush the character in. I pity the poor actress chosen to fill Dame Joan's high heels as Dame Joan put such a stamp on that character.
 

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
2
Oh, the complacency. I see that many of you have resigned yourselves to exactly the type of tongue-in-cheek, campfest, near parody that most of us had previously agreed would effectively help bury the show's legacy, eh?
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
Oh, the complacency. I see that many of you have resigned yourselves to exactly the type of tongue-in-cheek, campfest, near parody that most of us had previously agreed would effectively help bury the show's legacy, eh?
I have resigned myself to the fact that it's going to be pretty awful.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
I see that many of you have resigned yourselves to exactly the type of tongue-in-cheek, campfest, near parody that most of us had previously agreed would effectively help bury the show's legacy, eh?
I have no idea where you get that feeling from. I'm sure there are some funny comments here and there but I think most of us are just hoping for the best.
It probably won't be as cinematic as I hope for, but it's too early to approach the idea of NuDynasty sarcastically. As for now I just enjoy the very idea of getting Dynasty back on TV and I'm very very curious what it's going to be like:)

The worst Dynasty = No Dynasty (unless it's worse than that:rolleyes:)
 

Toni

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
24
Last night I watched the Pilot of "The Carrie Diaries", the already canceled prequel of SATC that was aired by...The CW. If I were a Dienasty fan, I´d be very concerned...They made two big continuity mistakes in the first episode, retconning her whole family background...and I think it wasn´t the last one! (Though it was mindless fun, actually, and the girl nails SJP´s accent and tone, though her teeth lack...prominence)

images
 
Top