Apparently Alexis is mentioned in the reboot

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
0
 
Awards
1
More specifically, the first wife is mentioned--during the pilot even-- per TV Guide. Whether that means she will show up and with what name is anyone's guess.

" it’s still a mystery who’s playing that role (who isn’t even mentioned until more than halfway through the pilot episode), and that’s in keeping with the original series, which didn’t introduce Alexis until the beginning on Season 2. "

https://www.tvinsider.com/275966/ask-matt-new-vs-old-dynasty-longmire-face-off-and-more/
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
Would Jamie Luner fit?

Jamie+Luner.jpg



But any 90s soap vixen would fit really.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I'm still hoping for Catherine Oxenberg. I know I made that joke thread about it, but I think it could work, possibly. X) (Plus, I think it would be the sweetest form of revenge for Catherine, getting to play Alexis after the way she was so callously fired from the original show :lol:)
 

Soapwriter12

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
The original Blake, and alexis were both brunettes, but their two oldest were brunettes

Adam, and Fallon

the two youngest, Steven, and Amanda were both blonde.

this time, Fallon is the blonde, and Steven is the brunette, and Blake is Blonde, so would the new Alexis, be blonde, or brunette?
 

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
0
 
Awards
1
I'm still hoping for Catherine Oxenberg. I know I made that joke thread about it, but I think it could work, possibly. X) (Plus, I think it would be the sweetest form of revenge for Catherine, getting to play Alexis after the way she was so callously fired from the original show :lol:)

I liked Oxenberg in the role of Amanda, but so much of that role was tailor-made for her, or for Camille Marchetta's warped perception of her--she said in an interview that she came up with the Moldavia royal wedding storyline after having seen Oxenberg play princess Diana in the 1982 TV movie. The even bigger twist was of course that Oxenberg is sort of a royal herself.

Would Jamie Luner fit?
I remember her from Savannah--she can certainly play the scheming bitch.
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Maybe the producers should look outside America and go for a foreign actress. It worked well for the original.
 

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Star
LV
3
 
Awards
7
If they go British like the original show, they'd do well to cast Jaime Murray (an ex-CW star after her role on Ringer) or Polly Walker, who played superbitch Atia in Rome and has soap credentials after her role in Cane.

The Heather idea is a nice tie in but her career is kind of low rent these days. There wouldn't be a great deal of buzz attached to hiring her among the CW's target audience. Not that they'd be wildly familiar with my two suggestions but with Heather there'd be that "oh it's the lady from that TLC show and those Lifetime movies". She lacks edge nowadays.
 

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
2
If they go British like the original show, they'd do well to cast Jaime Murray (an ex-CW star after her role on Ringer) or Polly Walker, who played superbitch Atia in Rome and has soap credentials after her role in Cane.

The Heather idea is a nice tie in but her career is kind of low rent these days. There wouldn't be a great deal of buzz attached to hiring her among the CW's target audience. Not that they'd be wildly familiar with my two suggestions but with Heather there'd be that "oh it's the lady from that TLC show and those Lifetime movies". She lacks edge nowadays.

Heather has more cache than the entire new cast combined. It's definitely worth having her. And she's "Sammy Jo from the original series" which is good for press and an uptick in viewership. All she'll need is a bunch of good meme-able one-liners like Cookie Lyon. Not gonna happen (correctly), but just saying...
 
Last edited:

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
2
This trainwreck isn't gonna get past the next stop before it collides. But if they're smart, they'll get Heather on fast as Alexis, and try their damndest to make it all about her. She's too old to lead on the CW, but she has charisma and she is exciting.
 

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Star
LV
3
 
Awards
7
This trainwreck isn't gonna get past the next stop before it collides. But if they're smart, they'll get Heather on fast as Alexis, and try their damndest to make it all about her. She's too old to lead on the CW, but she has charisma and she is exciting.

I agree with everything in that last line. I like Heather but the CW aren't going to make a show where the central character is a woman in her mid 50's. Plus they forked out to get her into the Melrose reboot nearly ten years ago and that idea flopped, so the notion that "Heather = ratings", probably isn't one that the CW subscribe to.
 

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
2
Yes, because that's what we all liked about the original show: that it became the Alexis show.

Paradoxically, this show doesn't appear to have what it takes to make that a meaningful concern. Original Dynasty should not have become the Alexis show, correct. But original Dynasty, at the height of Alexis-mania, was likely preferable to what we're gonna get from nuDynasty redux. So yes, seeing Heather chew scenery and give Cookie Lyon a run for her money, seems infintely more engaging than the trite bs that we saw on that trailer.

Any further comments?


And you really did take "all about her" too literally...
 

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
2
I agree with everything in that last line. I like Heather but the CW aren't going to make a show where the central character is a woman in her mid 50's. Plus they forked out to get her into the Melrose reboot nearly ten years ago and that idea flopped, so the notion that "Heather = ratings", probably isn't one that the CW subscribe to.

I hear you. Who really wanted a Melrose reboot, though? From what I saw, it was a snoozefest. I didn't even know that Heather showed up for that. It was probably too little too late by the time they brought her along. Did she get a big paycheck for it?

#teamHeather
 
Top