Conundrum

Jabari Lamar

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
4
It's even harder to understand then why they dropped all the next generation stuff in the second one.
Which was the biggest creative flaw of that movie, in my opinion. If Katzman had lived I'm sure he would have come up with a more natural follow-up story. And again I'm sure that if the second film had also been hit then at the very least would have gotten a third film, probably in 2000. And then who knows? Three hit reunion movies keep the public interested in the property could have led to a revival sooner than what we got on TNT?
 

Monzo

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV
1
 
Awards
9
I read a review of Conundrum stating that the best part was the opening sequence—which featured the season cliffhangers—something I wasn't familiar with at all and had never seen. I looked for it and found it, though unfortunately the quality is poor.


Do you remember it? Now that I’ve seen it, I think it would have really set the right mood for me back when I originally watched the finale. I do wonder, however, why they only showed Nicholas plunging to his death, and not Sue Ellen shooting JR.

Were there actually contractual reasons why Kimberly Foster, Howard Keel, George Kennedy, Sasha Mitchell, Barbara Stock, and Sheree J. Wilson appeared in the opening credits, even though they didn't feature in the episode (and, in some cases, hadn't appeared for quite a few episodes prior)? Wouldn't it have been better to award these six spots to the six returnees?

What was the deal with the score that played after the opening credits during the list of guest stars? I always felt the music was ill-suited for the grand finale.
 
Last edited:

Bobby Southworth

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I read a review of Conundrum stating that the best part was the opening sequence—which featured the season cliffhangers—something I wasn't familiar with at all and had never seen. I looked for it and found it, though unfortunately the quality is poor.


Do you remember it? Now that I’ve seen it, I think it would have really set the right mood for me back when I originally watched the finale. I do wonder, however, why they only showed Nicholas plunging to his death, and not Sue Ellen shooting JR.

Were there actually contractual reasons why Kimberly Foster, Howard Keel, George Kennedy, Sasha Mitchell, Barbara Stock, and Sheree J. Wilson appeared in the opening credits, even though they didn't feature in the episode (and, in some cases, hadn't appeared for quite a few episodes prior)? Wouldn't it have been better to award these six spots to the six returnees?

What was the deal with the score that played after the opening credits during the list of guest stars? I always felt the music was ill-suited for the grand finale.


This could be one of those tricks of the mind because for me, there's a certain sense of finality about that music, a kind of melancholy, but that could just be because I have equated it with the final episode for..35 years o_O It's somewhat underwhelming, that I can get.

Yes, I remember that introduction with all the clips of previous cliffhangers, and what followed was a pretty big disappointment, so maybe that review had it right? I think the reason Sheree was kept in the credits was because, if I remember correctly, didn't she kind of tell Katzman she wanted get paid for being in the least amount of episodes, meaning I think she was paid for the entire season, even though she only appeared in 6? episodes, hence, why her name was never removed from the credits. I'd say there's also just the chance that it was cheapness/laziness on the part of the production company. That goes for why they didn't take Stock, Sasha, and Kimberly(but the latter two had really only missed well, what, this one?

While they put together that little clip montage of all the previous cliffhangers, and that was nice, they had made it more than clear by this point that Dallas was yesterday's news, and they weren't going to make any changes they didn't have to. Went out with a whimper.

Thank you for sharing that clip scene. It's been a minute. It's crazy to watch how they all aged, but that was a 13-14 year span.

and..did my eyes deceive me, or did I actually see Victoria's face?? I thought that had been a big no no.
 
Last edited:

Bobby Southworth

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
5
So, I tried this once for fun.. I would just look up the old thread, but I'm not sure how far back that is, or if it's even still here,

So...just for fun because we all know it really comes down to the actor's respective agent, as to how these things are worked out , but here goes.

Mini Series/Season 1
Victoria Principal
Patrick Duffy
Larry Hagman
Barbara Bel Geddes
Charlene Tilton

Season Two-Victoria Principal
Patrick Duffy
Larry Hagman
Linda Gray
Barbara Bel Geddes
Jim Davis
Steve Kanaly
Charlene Tilton

Please feel free to make your own lists, critique mine..whatever the case may be. Also, if anyone would rather I start this as a separate thread, just let me know.
 

Toni

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
24
This could be one of those tricks of the mind because for me, there's a certain sense of finality about that music, a kind of melancholy, but that could just be because I have equated it with the final episode for..35 years o_O It's somewhat underwhelming, that I can get.

Yes, I remember that introduction with all the clips of previous cliffhangers, and what followed was a pretty big disappointment, so maybe that review had it right? I think the reason Sheree was kept in the credits was because, if I remember correctly, didn't she kind of tell Katzman she wanted get paid for being in the least amount of episodes, meaning I think she was paid for the entire season, even though she only appeared in 6? episodes, hence, why her name was never removed from the credits. I'd say there's also just the chance that it was cheapness/laziness on the part of the production company. That goes for why they didn't take Stock, Sasha, and Kimberly(but the latter two had really only missed well, what, this one?

While they put together that little clip montage of all the previous cliffhangers, and that was nice, they had made it more than clear by this point that Dallas was yesterday's news, and they weren't going to make any changes they didn't have to. Went out with a whimper.

Thank you for sharing that clip scene. It's been a minute. It's crazy to watch how they all aged, but that was a 13-14 year span.

and..did my eyes deceive me, or did I actually see Victoria's face?? I thought that had been a big no no.

I thought the same thing when I first watched it (in Spain they used a preview of the last episodes instead). Maybe they hired Margaret Michaels for that milisecond shot?
 

Grangehill1

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
6
I read a review of Conundrum stating that the best part was the opening sequence—which featured the season cliffhangers—something I wasn't familiar with at all and had never seen. I looked for it and found it, though unfortunately the quality is poor.


Do you remember it? Now that I’ve seen it, I think it would have really set the right mood for me back when I originally watched the finale. I do wonder, however, why they only showed Nicholas plunging to his death, and not Sue Ellen shooting JR.

Were there actually contractual reasons why Kimberly Foster, Howard Keel, George Kennedy, Sasha Mitchell, Barbara Stock, and Sheree J. Wilson appeared in the opening credits, even though they didn't feature in the episode (and, in some cases, hadn't appeared for quite a few episodes prior)? Wouldn't it have been better to award these six spots to the six returnees?

What was the deal with the score that played after the opening credits during the list of guest stars? I always felt the music was ill-suited for the grand finale.
You can thank our friend Jon Parker for the atrocious score for Conundrum and several other episodes. He could take a dramatic scene and make it look like a custard pie fight. Terrible composer
 
Top