Dallas Random Thought Thread

A Nightmare on Jimmy Todd Street

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
12
I think Ken Kercheval's smoking and Larry's drinking contributed
considerably to their aging. Sue Ellen, I thought, looked great on nuDallas.
I recently saw a photo of brother Gary using a walker. I haven't seen a picture of him since the 1990s, but it was jarring to see him aged 80.
Even the Ewings can't buy or scheme their way with Father Time. Although JR's erstwhile sister-in-law Abby looks great. She must be sleeping with Fr. Time.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
I think Ken Kercheval's smoking and Larry's drinking contributed
considerably to their aging. Sue Ellen, I thought, looked great on nuDallas.
I recently saw a photo of brother Gary using a walker. I haven't seen a picture of him since the 1990s, but it was jarring to see him aged 80.
Even the Ewings can't buy or scheme their way with Father Time. Although JR's erstwhile sister-in-law Abby looks great. She must be sleeping with Fr. Time.
Yes, Linda Gray aged beautifully. The change in her appearance from season 8 to season 10 was quite jarring though.
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Yes, Linda Gray aged beautifully. The change in her appearance from season 8 to season 10 was quite jarring though.
The video quality from dream to post/pre-dream is also a huge downgrade. Plus, the fashion is suddenly garishly '80s lol.
The dream wasn't necessarily shot with the understanding it was going to sit in a side universe, but the aesthetics really add to the dreamlike quality.
 

Bobby Southworth

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I think Ken Kercheval's smoking and Larry's drinking contributed
considerably to their aging. Sue Ellen, I thought, looked great on nuDallas.
I recently saw a photo of brother Gary using a walker. I haven't seen a picture of him since the 1990s, but it was jarring to see him aged 80.
Even the Ewings can't buy or scheme their way with Father Time. Although JR's erstwhile sister-in-law Abby looks great. She must be sleeping with Fr. Time.
This makes me nervous, as to Ken and the smoking.. I developed the habit(not to get too personal), but after my divorce several years back.. Time for trying new things? :D I've always heard this about smoking,but didn't realize Ken was a smoker. It's just, seeing that transformation..a bit of a wake up call, but at the same time..it's a fight none of us are ultimately going to win, but why speed it up..

While I thought Sue Ellen looked slightly rougher towards the end of her time on the original series, I always thought she looked fantastic in everything since(and she still looked fantastic through the end of her time on the original series).
 

Bobby Southworth

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I think Ken Kercheval's smoking and Larry's drinking contributed
considerably to their aging. Sue Ellen, I thought, looked great on nuDallas.
I recently saw a photo of brother Gary using a walker. I haven't seen a picture of him since the 1990s, but it was jarring to see him aged 80.
Even the Ewings can't buy or scheme their way with Father Time. Although JR's erstwhile sister-in-law Abby looks great. She must be sleeping with Fr. Time.


That's really a shame about Ted..It brings to mind how, when recently, Tim Curry passed, and I happened to watch some music videos of him from the late '70s, and came to really enjoy his performances, but to go from seeing him in those videos, to seeing him in his final years.. As to your point, no one, not even the Ewings can escape what happens to us if we live long enough.
 
Last edited:

The Eyes of Laurie Marr

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
3
 
Awards
11
The video quality from dream to post/pre-dream is also a huge downgrade. Plus, the fashion is suddenly garishly '80s lol.
The dream wasn't necessarily shot with the understanding it was going to sit in a side universe, but the aesthetics really add to the dreamlike quality.
I'm comparing both series as they now exist in HD. Larry looked markedly older.
 
Top