Well, one thing to avoid is fur.
That's "new money" now.
She wore that hat with veil when she was at home.OldDYNASTY made it "in style":
But Alexis was always going some place fabulous or returning from some place fabulous. I thought that was one of those implied things. She wore the hat and veil to welcome Steven home from Singapore when he got a new face didn't she? She wasn't really at home, she was Blake's home. She was letting everyone know she was rich and fabulous and she was possibly going somewhere afterwards as she wasn't really welcome at the mansion. It's like when you see her in those elaborate gowns at her penthouse. She's just back from the opera or off to a gala. She's not just wearing them at home. Her at home clothes are usually lingerie trimmed with fur or feathers. Ya know... average lounging clothes.She wore that hat with veil when she was at home.
It's not the costumes that made it look so over-the-top, it's the way they wore them so inappropriately (post season 2).
If it wasn't that hat then it was something very similar (I think it was white, not black).She wore the hat and veil to welcome Steven home from Singapore when he got a new face didn't she?
She didn't often wear hats at the penthouse that I recall so that would have been strange. They were more for waltzing into the mansion or Blake's office, the St Dennis or La Mirage.If it wasn't that hat then it was something very similar (I think it was white, not black).
I'm pretty sure she wore it in her penthouse, drinking cocktails...I think the other character was Ben but I'm not sure, but it didn't look like she was going out.
And I remember this because I noticed how strange and stilted it looked.
And of course court. You always need a full wide brimmed hat for court appearances.She didn't often wear hats at the penthouse that I recall so that would have been strange. They were more for waltzing into the mansion or Blake's office, the St Dennis or La Mirage.