Dynasty Scores Full Season Order

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I think Alexis will show up by episode 13. But then they got the back 9, so it could be any time after that. I doubt they will stretch it and have her show up in episode 22. They're gonna have to make the theme a few seconds longer next season by 2 seconds per actor they add to the cast. Maybe another round of the jingle before the violins play. They could add Monique, Claudia, Alexis for sure.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
Getting a full season order...This is a sign the series will most likely get a season 2. I can't see why with how bad, terrible, awful, no good the ratings are. It's lowest rated show on all of TV for Christ's sake! We are into episode 5 and the show has been pretty "boring" especially with the characters of Jeff and Michael, and their interaction with Fallon, and Fallon's so-called "business". Not that great of a storyline. NOTHING seems to be going on!
Do I have to re-explain to you daily how and why the show is getting a full episode order and not being cancelled. Because for reals... I'm already tired of it.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
[looks at that picture]
There would have to be a really, really heavy veil on that hat....like maybe a flannel bedsheet.:bag:
 
Last edited:

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Do I have to re-explain to you daily how and why the show is getting a full episode order and not being cancelled. Because for reals... I'm already tired of it.


If it gets a full 22 and renewed before the end of season 1, great...but if we hear "cut back on the back 9" that will be a sign of cancellation. As of now, no cut back. But if they cut back on that and only film like 5 or 6 more after the 13, I'd be betting cancelation. Has happpened a lot on shows like this one.


If the Netflix ratings are good then I guess that's the reason. The numbers on CW would be cancellation material. So if the views are still good there on Netflix it will get a 2nd season.

There are things I still don't like about this show. Mostly with Fallon. It's beginning to bore me with this whole company thing. Now woman of the year in business? Makes no sense. Has she really even worked since the show began? It's like Reilly being a school teacher on Melrose Place. At least we are seeing a setting for what could be an office for her...but the idea has gone on since the Pilot. We're now in episode 6 soon. Took 6 episodes or more for her to start her business!? Jeff is a complete bore as well. Everyone else I like watching. But half of the episode or more is about Fallon and her company...she hasn't even opened it yet!
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I know how TV works. I'm in Hollywood.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Now woman of the year in business? Makes no sense. Has she really even worked since the show began?
I thought it made sense how she was portrayed in the first episode, and she expected the position of COO at Denver-Atlantic.
Her green-energy venture with Jeff Colby is poorly written. No "energy" whatsoever.
Incidentally, if Morell is her middle name (i.e. her second first name), than it can't be Alexis' surname.
But then, English/American first and last names are so interchangeable so I guess it doesn't have to make sense.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Fallon having her mother's maiden name as her middle name is not problematic--I actually see that more often these days, if of course the surname "fits" as a middle name.
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
I know how TV works. I'm in Hollywood.

Then you'd know like any business, the main goal is about making money. You'd also know that live ratings overall are dwindling, which is why owning a show is becoming more important as they get a share of profits made by (traditional) syndication, international sales and - oh, I don't know - if they happen to score a big fat streaming deal with Netflix.

In the past, of course, networks mainly made money by live ratings and everything else was just a bonus. Now it's increasingly becoming the other way around, especially for a venture like The CW whose ratings are mostly at a basement level to begin with.
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
I know how TV works. I'm in Hollywood.

Like for example your prediction of no opening credits at all?
Or that it would never get a full season?
Seems like even Jon Snow knows more than you. :D
 
Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Fallon having her mother's maiden name as her middle name is not problematic
But it's a bit strange because now it looks like she was born as Morell and married a Carrington.
Fallon Morell Carrington. She is Morell but not a Morell. I find it unnecessary confusing.
I guess they hastily gave her that name when she couldn't use "Carrington" for the green-energy company.
Fallon Green Energy or any kind of typical First Name doesn't look very professional.
Although...isn't Fallon more common as a last name? Fallon & Colby...yeah, that looks nice. FallColby Crest.
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
On "The Colbys" Miles and Monica both had Scott as their middle names so there is precedent within the "Dynasty" universe for a woman having her mother's maiden name as her middle name. I don't think it's odd that Fallon's middle name is Morrell, I like the way the three names sound together plus it makes sense that someone with an ego as big as Alexis would name one of her children after herself.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
On "The Colbys" Miles and Monica both had Scott as their middle names
I had no idea! I guess it's a culture thing then.
People can now use the mother's family name instead of the father's family name, but I have never seen it being used as a second (middle) First Name. Probably wouldn't work with the names we have.
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
I had no idea! I guess it's a culture thing then.
People can now use the mother's family name instead of the father's family name, but I have never seen it being used as a second (middle) First Name. Probably wouldn't work with the names we have.

It definitively wouldn't work in Sweden since we have many -son and -dotter (daughter) names, or things that's supposed to indicate where you're from (ie Berg (Mountain)) and so on.
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Like for example your prediction of no opening credits at all?
Or that it would never get a full season?
Seems like even Jon Snow knows more than you. :D

Well I was right it would have been a very short intro if we got one!
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Mr Big Shot Screen-writer.

I still have yet to get any of my screenplays out! One of my connects is trying to get it out to connects they know and with my headshots for acting, another connect knows a big producer they're planning to introduce me to (usually all talk, I'll believe it when it happens). I don't plan on making it big, lots of people online claim I talk all like that. One of my so called friends bribed their way into getting work in LA and I was the reason for them moving here and they talk it all the time. Maybe if I tried that I'd be more high up? But I'm not like that. But I've worked on lots of shows here. Can't believe I worked on a a lot of Greys Anatomy, that show is one of the longest running shows now.
 
Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
Well I was right it would have been a very short intro if we got one!

Oh no! That's what you said:

My guess, it will only play in the end credits online or when on DVD...if we even get that!


I'm guessing we don't get any intro whatsoever. [...] Teaser scene, cut to black, Dynasty logo. that's it.
 
Last edited:
Top