Eva Marie Saint

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
5
 
Awards
11

Spooky Owl!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
23
She was a good actress, although I never found her all that compelling for some reason. I have a copy of EXODUS (1960) in its huge super widescreen way (and Sal Mineo got an Oscar nomination) but I have a hard time getting through it due to the politics.

Jeezus, 102 is a long time. But she's still two years shy of Olivia DeHavilland.


OIP.mxwTiThgcJpyu_CbjanSMwHaDJ
 

Crimson

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV
2
 
Awards
9
She was a good actress, although I never found her all that compelling for some reason

Agreed. She was a lovely and talented actress, but I didn't find her memorable. I lump her in with Carroll Baker, Joanne Woodward and Lee Remick; actresses who I think emerged around the same time, all pretty and talented, but none with any great screen magnetism.
 

Angela Chilling

Telly Talk Veteran
LV
19
 
Awards
53
North by Northwest is one of my all time favourite films so I'm particularly saddened by her death.

I also think she must have been one of the last remaining stars to have work in Hollywood during its golden age so her passing feels like the end of an era.
 
Top