It seems utterly bizarre to me that Krystle being Cristal was a selling point. I mean my mind reels... how is that a selling point? How did networks think that was a good idea? A name change?I assume the producers plan to play this totally "straight"--that is, playing it as real people in real lives without winks and nods to the audience or any overtly satirical behavior. I hope they won't go in with this attitude of "Oh, here's something we can change just for the hell of it". I'd only change the things that help tighten up the plotlines or update them for modern times. Frankly I don't think it's imperative they make Krystle into Cristal, but since that seems to be a selling point for the project, I guess we're stuck with it.
It's reason enough for me, but if they change something that's fine with me, although I can't even begin to think of alternative family members.If they were just gonna do exactly the same, then there would be no reason to produce a new show
Yes, bring in Dominique but don't make her only there to Blake's personal bank manager. Give us a Peter de Vilbis but make him a suave handsome appealing conman, not a weedy uncomfortable looking reptilian. Give us a Mark Jennings but cast someone who looks like he could have been married to our heroine, and hire an actor who can, well.. act.It's reason enough for me, but if they change something that's fine with me, although I can't even begin to think of alternative family members.
But, ideally, improve the things that weren't good enough, and exclude the things that sucked.
Dynasty's business storylines were laughable and it was often hard to picture Blake as a successful business man (post season 1), so I would definitely work on that.
I just really don't think that The CW is the place to do that or that Josh Schwartz is up to it.The decision to do a reboot was the right one. There's a great story there, if it can be rescued from the popular perception that Dynasty was only about glamour, catfights and creaky dialogue. If they get the tone right (brooding) and play it with a straight bat from the first outing, then it may have a chance.
It seems utterly bizarre to me that Krystle being Cristal was a selling point. I mean my mind reels... how is that a selling point? How did networks think that was a good idea? A name change?
I don't understand that either unless they are really going to go into her back story. Something the originals how didn't do. I don't see how changing the ethnicity of the character has any real bearing on the story.No, the selling point is that Krystle/Cristal will be Hispanic, a nod to an effort to make the reboot more ( I hate this word) diverse. The name change is only a reflection of the ethnicity change.
I don't understand that either unless they are really going to go into her back story. Something the originals how didn't do. I don't see how changing the ethnicity of the character has any real bearing on the story.
Since the Dynasty reboot is on The CW, I kind of expect that Blake is not going to be older than 45. Cristal is probably going to be 25 and Fallon 20?
Howshould they handle the Fallon/Amanda relationship differently from the original show,
How should Cristal relate to the two girls?
(....) Plus, there should also be a Fallon/Steven vs Adam/Amanda thing going on as well, with the older, dark-haired siblings being the ambitious career-driven sharks with the younger, blonde siblings acting as their respective sibling's moral compass.
(...)
Sammy Jo is Cristal's young cute blonde gay nephew who manipulates Steven, breaks his heart and causes all kinds of trouble.When they did a reboot of Battlestar Galactica in 2003 they turned two male characters into female characters so I guess anything is possible on reboots.
Since the Dynasty reboot is on The CW, I kind of expect that Blake is not going to be older than 45. Cristal is probably going to be 25 and Fallon 20?
I think a lot of Dynasty fans will be disappointed, many fans of the original Battlestar were furious and refused to watch the new show.
- great! I love this idea!!!!!
and when Adam and Fallon watching Steven and Amanda beeing friendly to another they get angry ...
Sammy Jo is Cristal's young cute blonde gay nephew who manipulates Steven, breaks his heart and causes all kinds of trouble.
So he's half Hispanic...If Cristal is Hispanic, then Sammy Jo would have to be half-Hispanic in order to be blonde... or he/she could just dye his/her hair.lol