Officially going to series

Romain

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Awards
1

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Star
LV
3
 
Awards
7
While it'll never be the same as the original, I do hope it inherits some of the edge that Dynasty had, rather than being another teen soap from the stable of interchangeable, generic Gossip Girl / 90210 / Pretty Little Liars clones.
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
I was just about to post this!

I feel conflicted because The CW completely failed Melrose 2.0 but maybe this'll work out?
 

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Star
LV
3
 
Awards
7
I was just about to post this!

I feel conflicted because The CW completely failed Melrose 2.0 but maybe this'll work out?

I suppose it'll all boil down to what sort of writers room they assemble. If they "get" the essence of the original and write it with the dynamism of season one Empire (whose success no doubt helped this remake get off the ground), then we're in for a treat. However, it could go the other way and just be Gossip Girl: Atlanta.

Either way, we should hopefully get a taste for it if they release a promo trailer at the upfronts next week.
 

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
21
Hopefully they get it right and it feels like DYNASTY. I actually am pretty excited to see what it's like.
Really?? I just don't have any hope for it -- the only reason the original kinda-sorta worked was the casting, and I just don't see them getting that right this time around.

Yeah, I know the Shapiros are supposed to be involved in it, but that's in name only: Esther's almost 90, and she was barely involved the first time!

13dbab1090964aa


I'll certainly peek in at it though.
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I have optioned to view Dynasty 2.0. Although it will be difficult I'll try and look at it with fresh eyes. You never know it may surprise us.
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I've just been watching a morning show here in Australia and they spoke about Alan Dale being cast as a butler. They were speaking as if it was breaking NEWS. Lol. If they want breaking NEWS they should visit soapchat on occasion.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Well this is exciting. I too am looking forward to this. And... I've got no more, and nothing new, to say. :lol:
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it in a cautiously curious way. I doubt they will get it right but wouldn't it be a surprise if they did.
 

JROG

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
4
It probably won't make it past a season lol

Naturally, I will be watching.
 

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
4
A reminder for the superstitious among us - the new series was announced on Wednesday, May 10th; the original series ended on a Thursday, May 11th (it would've ended on Wednesday, May 10th if ABC had kept season 9 in the show's standard timeslot). Almost the exact same day/date. Not sure if avoiding it is a good sign or a bad sign.
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
It won't last long but it's not a continuation--they can do whatever they want with this series because it's not with the original cast coming back! It's new people as them and they can do any stories they want!


I give it 13 and then they get a few more eps and then it gets cancelled if ratings are bad!
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
I hope i can at least get past the first 10 minutes of the pilot. Would be a great surprise. But if it's anything like Gossip Girl or nu 90210, then i won't.
There's a reason why i didn't watch those, and i certainly won't just because they tack another name on it - especially not this one.
But as with TNT Dallas, i'm prepared there will be some on here who will love and defend it no matter how crappy and shite it might be, just because it's called "Dynasty". :rolleyes: :D
 
Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
I said defend it (the show), not themselves, even if it might be crap (doesn't mean it will be). ;)
Just experience from TNT Dallas Forum on here (the time before the forum crashed). :D
Or has this already started before the show itself has started? :crazy:
 
Last edited:
Top