People you really hate ...

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
**Site members excluded, naturally.

But who -- celebrity or acquaintance -- do you really, really hate? (Not that you want them to die or anything, because if they're as miserable as they probably are, a nice, long earthly life will most permit them to suffer as fully and lengthily as possible).

PSA: they say if you really hate someone and it's for the right reasons (based on an objective assessment of their behavior and, ideally, their rotten soul) then mentally send them as much love as you possibly can... And that'll really screw 'em.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes you just have to throw off your defenses and pretensions and admit to yourself that you really hate somebody. And that you hate them for the correct reasons.

It's okay. It really is.

You may resist it in order to remain objective, in an attempt to be healthy, to grant the object of your hatred certain gifts or characteristics, to unilaterally validate them in some way, to allow them their human flaws and foibles with the understanding that -- 'hey, none of us is perfect!'

But there comes a time you have to accept their horrid, narcissistic selves for what they are. And they just are not worth your consideration... And yet you must wish them the longest life possible, to allow them to simmer in their own vile marinade until God (or Whomever) calls them home.

(And, yes, Mia Farrow has always struck me as a sociopath. Ever since I was a kid and didn't yet know the word).

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If this is the Mia Farrow hate club, you can sign me up for a charter membership.

Although I'm make exceptions for her work in ROSEMARY'S BABY and the remake of THE OMEN; I apparently like her when she's Satanic.

Except that I've always hated her. I never felt compelled to resist or deny, or to try and validate her in some way. (Other than to concede she's a competent actor).

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Kermit ??? :yikey:

They broke up long ago, and, you know, there´s a thin line between love and hate. Now she´s not into frogs anymore, she´s dating a female alligator called Adele...

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They broke up long ago, and, you know, there´s a thin line between love and hate. .

And sometimes one replaces the other --- once you've cleared your head and the denial ends.

Rove said:
Now she´s not into frogs anymore, she´s dating a female alligator called Adele...

I'd heard -- but I'd never believed!

Last edited:

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hate is a very strong feeling. I reserve it for people like:
Vladimir Putin
Kim Jong Un
Donald Trump
Xi Jinping
Aleksandr Lukashenko
Benjamin Netanyahu
Hamas
Talibans
...and other terrorists

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The audiotapes between Depp and Ms. Heard -- played in court in May 2022 but since ignored by the media (who still pretend the verdict against Heard was some kind of miscarriage of justice) -- had Amber admitting to being the abuser, calling Depp "a baby" for not wanting to be hit, conceding that her main problem with Depp is that he'd leave the room whenever she wanted to fight, and she predicted that if their case went to court that she'd win "because you're a man and I'm a thin, blonde woman."

And then there was Amber's deliciously pathological testimony on the stand; she was her own worst witness.

But the feministicized media immediately began spinning the verdict as being the result of a jury (and a misogynistic social media) seduced by the geriatric sex appeal of Johnny Depp. Because the evidence in the trial which led to the vindication of Depp didn't fit the media's misandrist narrative. Because women never lie --- at least, not against men (and if women lie on each other, the patriarchy has pit them against one another -- so it's still his fault).

6 months later, Gloria Steinem, almost in her nineties, came out to defend Amber Heard (Steinem was presumably pressured to do so -- and who knows how much she actually knows about the case, given her age?) but once the queen of second and third wave had spoken, dozens of feminist groups came out to support Steinem's support of Heard.

Never mind what actually came out in court... Had the genders been reversed, those audiotapes would have been re-played endlessly in the media over the last two years.

So even if the Depp/Heard trial had been a performative scam (highly unlikely) the mainstream media sucked it all in, and still regurgitates it in the worst possible way, continuing to pretend Depp is the bad guy and that there's no reason to doubt the original allegations against him.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I wonder if Amber was a "witness for the prosecution". It all backfired a little bit too easy, imo.

Not really. The jury could see her for the liar and fantasist that she really was.

She tried to manipulate Johnny Depp and she tried the same thing with her performance on the witness stand.

Thankfully the jury could see right through her. :)

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of celebrities, I am not a fan of Will Ferrell. I know a lot of guys that seem to be enamored with him and find him to be terribly funny, but I do not share that opinion. He's funny in NIGHT AT THE ROXBURY (1998), where Loni Anderson plays his mom, and he's okay in TALLADEGA NIGHTS (2006), but that's about where my affection stops, if you can even call it that.

I hated when they teased him as the potential successor to Steve Carrell on THE OFFICE. His character, DeAngelo Vickers, was simply one of the show's worst -- right up there beside Catherine Tate's Nellie.

So, yeah, I don't like Will Ferrell.

1715827266117.png