Sheridan Exits As Alexis In New Dynasty

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Enter Heather Locklear as Nu Alexis.

She's a mental case these days. Hasn't she been arrested like 5 (or 50) times in recent years? Intoxicated, attacking people, rehab and repeat.
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
I just hope they don't contract yet another southamerican daily-soap-actress now... :re:
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
They should just give the part to Joan Collins now and pay her whatever she wants for gods sake! Of course without any further explanation about the age difference onscreen, maybe a little remark from Fallon that she has suddenly "darker hair" now. :D
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
What a phucking train wreck. It's like trying to out do the original in the recast department. This is why they never should have recast Cristal. They should have just kept her and made it work somehow. I was initially so excited for Nicollette to be cast in the role. She was practically perfect but they reimagined the character too much and she was just a one note joke. Nicollette was totally wasted in the role anyways. I cant imagine what absolute desperados are still tuning in for this crap. They can not recast Alexis. That's so stupid. If they have any sense they should kill her off and have her sister step in, in her place. Enter Caress, or better still since they have retconned everything else they should make it that Sable is her sister and have some firey red head step in as her sister. Maybe that redhead from Melrose Place. Sidney? The one who wasn't Marcia Cross.

Although what even half decent actress is gonna go near this show now with it's flat lined ratings and troubled production problems.
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
Yeah.... that show is just doomed... now more than ever before.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
I'm sorry to hear that her mother is ill. :( I think she is doing the right thing. Nothing is more important than family.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
It actually would have worked if they kept the original Cristal and then had Nicollette as Alexis for 2 seasons, then kill her off with Cristal somehow suspected of being responsible for Alexis' death. Then Alexis' sister steps in and she now has a reason to hate Cristal. Even though Cristal is cleared of any wrong doing, Alexis' sister truly believes that Cristal murdered her sister, and so an ongoing feud ensues.
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Here and on other sites people are bashing the show as a "hot mess" yet the producers did the right thing by letting Sheridan out of her contract to care for her mother.

I wasn't a fan of Sheridan's Alexis but I don't lay the blame at her feet; the writers turned a character who was originally "mercurial" into a ditz and the costumers mistook "over the top" to mean tacky.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
and on other sites people are bashing the show as a "hot mess"
I mean the show was a hell of a hot mess even before Sheridan needed to leave. The Cristal recast and then ditching Steven were warning signs but the show's writing was a steaming hot mess.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Here and on other sites people are bashing the show as a "hot mess"
Because it is, although there's nothing "hot" about this show.
yet the producers did the right thing by letting Sheridan out of her contract to care for her mother
But no-one's ever said that they aren't nice people. And the actors are the loveliest bunch really but that's not why we watch these shows.
 

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
UGh...

Part of me wishes they would keep an open-door policy for Nicollette to return. That way, they can send Alexis off to jail for the murder of Mark. They could do a reverse Alexis/Caress storyline and have Alexis framed by Caress for Mark's murder because she was responsible for Caress serving time in jail. Serving time in prison would give Alexis ample reason to evolve and return with quite a chip on her shoulder in high bitch form with plenty of revenge to serve once she learns she was framed.

Either that or bring on Sable/Dominique in the meanwhile.

On a side note, I was reading somewhere that a viewer thought Kate Vernon would be a good recast since she has features similar to Nicollette and I thought that was an interesting choice, and she knows how to play a bitch.
 
Last edited:

Christine

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I don't really understand why she has to leave the show for good? Her terminally ill mother is sadly going to pass away sooner or later.Why can't they leave the door open for NS?
This might sound cruel but I am having a bad day and this news is not making my day any better...
I can't really fully understand Nicollette's decision. After getting fired from DH and after going to court against Marc Cherry we all thought she was dead in Hollywood for all eternity. So I thought she was extremely lucky to get this job on Dynasty. It doesn't make sense to me that she's blowing this second chance. She might not get a third one.
 
Last edited:

Christine

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I do understand that she needs some time off to take care of her mother. But why close the door for good.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Enter Caress, or better still since they have retconned everything else they should make it that Sable is her sister and have some firey red head step in as her sister.
Either that or bring on Sable/Dominique in the meanwhile.

Dominique's supposed to be coming. The character can finally be the bitch Diahann Carroll wanted her to be... until or unless the show screws her up too.
 

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
4
What I want to know (in addition to whom they'll hire to take over the role) is who gets recast next? Blake? Fallon? One of those Colbys?

From what I’ve read, she wants to look after her mum who is terminally ill. Maybe we need to give her credit for that? Maybe the producers just accepted to let her go??

Of course that doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility that she no longer perceives the role on this show a great opportunity.

I mean Dynasty without Alexis?:eck:

Well, look at it this way. The original show recast all 4 children, this show gets to recast both leading ladies (if we, for a moment, disregard the fact Fallon is the actual leading lady on this show).

I liked her in the show. :(

I liked her in season 1. She brought fresh energy and the promise of more addictive storylines ahead, which is exactly what she was supposed to do. Sadly, after the fire & time jump, her character has become a mix of Edie Britt & cartoonish Alexis from the weaker seasons of DYNASTY. Thus, her character has mirrored the show overall -- it had palpable momentum in late season 1, which appears to have been squandered since.

I wonder how they will write her out, if she already leaves in one of the March episodes.

I assume it will have something to do with the Mark Jennigs incident. If so, at least they will have used an iconic Alexis scene to set the stage for her exit.

She's a mental case these days. Hasn't she been arrested like 5 (or 50) times in recent years? Intoxicated, attacking people, rehab and repeat.

Don't forget hoarding clothes, speaking in voices and using Clorox wipes on her face. Allegedly...

This is why they never should have recast Cristal. They should have just kept her and made it work somehow.

Yeeeees! Thank you. The actress was just fine. It was the writers who didn't seem to be able to decide who she actually was. I didn't mind her being different from the original, but there was a little too much flip-flop in her characterization.

Part of me wishes they would keep an open-door policy for Nicollette to return. That way, they can send Alexis off to jail for the murder of Mark. They could do a reverse Alexis/Caress storyline and have Alexis framed by Caress for Mark's murder because she was responsible for Caress serving time in jail. Serving time in prison would give Alexis ample reason to evolve and return with quite a chip on her shoulder in high bitch form with plenty of revenge to serve once she learns she was framed.

Oh, I like that idea very much.

I just hope they don't contract yet another southamerican daily-soap-actress now... :re:

I fear the show's obvious budget constraints will not allow for another veteran actress with solid "prime-time soap credentials". It was a very different climate when Sheridan was cast in late 2017, just weeks after the show's premiere, when The CW was putting more effort into turning it into a buzz-generating hit.

They should just give the part to Joan Collins now and pay her whatever she wants for gods sake! Of course without any further explanation about the age difference onscreen, maybe a little remark from Fallon that she has suddenly "darker hair" now. :D

Or they could either kill Alexis off or throw her in jail for life and replace her with Alexis' mother - played by Joan Collins. She comes to Atlanta to seek revenge for her daughter. The one character the original series never got to (or dared to) cast, finally comes to life in the reboot.
 

James from London

International Treasure
LV
6
 
Awards
18
I can't really fully understand Nicollette's decision. After getting fired from DH and after going to court against Marc Cherry we all thought she was dead in Hollywood for all eternity. So I thought she was extremely lucky to get this job on Dynasty. It doesn't make sense to me that she's blowing this second chance. She might not get a third one.

It may not be all her decision. It may very well be that we aren't being told the full story. TV series are really complicated. There are so many factors involved in the decision-making process. The ones the public get to hear about are only the tip of the iceberg. The people who appear to be in charge aren't necessarily the ones who have the final say. But ultimately yeah, it's disappointing news.
 
Top