I like the idea that we don't see or even know about Rita until Krystle and Daniel run into her in NYC at Sammy Jo's apartment. I want that to be her first appearance, unexplained until early in Season 6.
![]()
Yes, late Season 5. I always forget about it, too, but I think I'd like it as the first time we see Rita, with no explanation for weeks.Was this an actual scene on Dynasty or was it cut? I don't remember it.
Instead of doing all that scenes that made Rita a fool and Blake a sex addict (strangely in season 5, during the Dankel Reece's storyline, he did not have sex with Krystle for weeks and that did not seem to matter to him...), there should have been more variety in the nature of the scenes. Also, Blake should have gradually realized that something was strange with Rita (and not because she did not want to sleep with him!!) before she tried to kill him.
God knows.but I can imagine those who watched it weekly in the original runs must've been throwing stuff at the television after a few weeks (or turning off the television set as we saw going by the ratings).
Linda Evans hated that storyline which I can understand. I know doppleganger storylines are a part of soaps and dramas but for me, I have never cared for them.
A twin would have been somewhat believable. Not a f*cking stranger off the street.They say when you go for the evil twin your show has lost its way.
Krystle and Rita had different taste in men. I know that.![]()
She called LB a little creep.![]()
I don't know which writer came up with it. It wasn't the best idea but it could have worked if cleverly done. However what they did was just insultingly stupid and lazy. People often say that the Pollocks took their ideas from Daytime and made them bigger and better.
Saying that if they were going to do a Krystle swop they would have needed to make it a much shorter plot with a basis of it actually achieving something. The plot has to ultimately accomplish something. .
Yes that would have been more interesting than the full stop we got.Maybe one who doesn't even get found out, after she puts a stop to the mad plan
Because this IS the whole season 6A. That and King Galen.But in a season where nothing seems particularly brilliant I honestly don't see why this is such an awful storyline..
Well a lot of the plots are just crappy daytime attempts done poorly in primetime. The two Krystle's is an example of that. Poison paint seems very early '80s daytime soap. I also felt like the fascination with incest and the times they flirted with that came from daytime. However, just like an evil twin plot such plots need to play out slowly, and both characters have to be unaware at all of any relation when whatever flirting occurs. Dynast's efforts at this always felt a bit sick, cheap and really forced. Both Adam and Fallon and later the even worse Leslie and Clay. A lot of the stilted dialogue reminds me of when a daytime soap is winding down one big story and setting up a whole other new one and for a period you will get two actors walking in on each other and repeating the same crap that they have already said to each other 100 times already. It's like stalling for time until the next plot happens.I don't know if that is true. By their own interviews, the Pollocks eventually went against everything they had done on daytime (tightly interwoven arcs of many stories) and even what they were hired to do--and did-- for DYNASTY in season 2. Sometime in season 4, they really thought the surprise plotting was their own rediscovery of the plot wheel, and they run with it...nowhere fast.