So Alexis killed Matthew and Willie?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
21
Did she?

dyn-1024x507.jpg
 

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I thought Stansfield "took care" of Willy. Blake wasn't directly involved in this but I imagine he's given Stansfield orders to "take care" of various people over the years. Could it be we're finally getting the Blake Carrington originally created all those years ago before John Forsythe and various writers had all the rough edges smoothed away?
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I thought Willie was gonna turn out to be some pyscho by the end of the season! But he's dead. Stansfield I bet forced him to take the pills. He probably even had him call Steven and tell him what he told him on the phone so Steven could go over and they could see he killed himself. I think Stansfield won't be long for the show. I think he will end up getting killed off if it was him who did it.
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I could totally see Claudia getting worse and worse in the season and then realizing it was Stansfield who did it and maybe he'll try to kill her but she'll have a gun or something and kill him in self defense. I doubt it was Alexis! :mo:
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
In a scene before that, someone (I think it was Michael Culhane) hit a nerve when he told Fallon that she can't (or at least shouldn't) keep using the "My mommy left me when I was a sophomore in high school" excuse to explain why she treats everyone so rotten and is generally dismissive of everyone who isn't useful to her at that minute. Burning those letters and postcards was perhaps the writers' way of trying to show she really was hurt deeply by her mother leaving, that she isn't just a non-stop, annoying bitch in private.

Or it was just a chance to drop the insider joke that Alexis moved to Denver when she left. Which I liked.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
Why is Fallon angrily burning letters from Alexis? Why now?
Because Alexis leaving when Fallon was in high school made Fallon a bitch. And so Fallon was a bitch to Cory and so Cory hates Fallon and because she hates Fallon she screwed her over and went with another company instead of Fallon and Jeff's.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
I liked that Fallon was burning the letters and postcards. One of the Postcards was from Moldavia and was from Denver. I didn't like that Alexis has only been gone almost 10 years. She needed to gone 16 years like the original. She just had to be gone for 16 formative years.
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
I liked that Fallon was burning the letters and postcards. One of the Postcards was from Moldavia and was from Denver. I didn't like that Alexis has only been gone almost 10 years. She needed to gone 16 years like the original. She just had to be gone for 16 formative years.

I can imagine why they avoided that though because Empire is probably fresh in people's mind (Cookie was gone 17 years... yes, that was a rip-off from Dynasty anyway, but you know how the public is)
 

Romain

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Awards
1
The postcards and letters were not from Alexis, if you pause the scene you can actually read them : they were written by Fallon to Alexis, but she never sent them, because she had nowhere to send them to. The space to fill in the address on the postcards only lists the name Alexis Morell Carrington because Fallon didn't know her whereabouts. The text of the Denver postcard is Fallon bragging about being sure she's getting the job that Blake eventually gave to Cristal, so it shows just how recently she's been fighting with these demons.
 
Top