I don't know. Despite being older he looks maybe too young? Too boyish? On looking at him he doesn't seem to have Al Corley's sensitivity or those sad eyes. And he doesn't seem to have Jack Coleman's sculpted features. Anyways for this reboot Steven is probably a self harming drag queen and Fallon a post op transsexual who regrets what's she's done. They are playing the diversity card. Maybe Sammy Jo is Steven?
Yes the eyes were a key look he had, soft and sensitive, though the rest of him seemed manly and rugged. Good things to keep in mind when they look for the right guy.
I'm all for diversity and exploring personal issues including sexuality but there is a line they can cross where the show goes from diverse to obsurd. Obsurd has its place but not with a Dynasty reboot. Dynasty itself seems to have leaned about as far in the obsurd direction without being a total farce as possible.
I'm hoping Steven is more secure in his sexuality. I'd rather see him in relationships with bisexual men or maybe a transgender partner that cause drama - but allowing him to be more of the carring and compassionate member of his disfunctional family. From what I've seen Krystal and Steven were the redeeming characters. Alexis and Adam the antagonists of the bunch. Blake and Fallon plaid the middle ground. I hope they keep that feel while infusing diversity.
But I also want to say one of the most interesting aspects was that the Carringtons were Blood Blooded WASPs - and Alexis with her English accent just pushed it over the top. Kind of the Bushes going from CT to CO instead of TX is Barbra Bush were from England and they were divorced. I hope they keep that premise if not explore it more with diversity all around them, allowing for within the family Steven's sexuality, Fallon's gender (breaking corporate glass ceilings), and maybe Blake and/or Adam has a learning disability. Anyway just my ideas.