The opening credits

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Stefanie Powers looks fantastic, especially with that hair-do.
Hollywood-Wives.png
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
Just found the complete miniseries "Hollywood wives" as one long youtube clip. It's really stupid, but it has Anthony Hopkins, so have fun! :D

 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Dynasty 2.0 requires those luxurious opening credits. If The CW tries anything less it tells me their not trying hard enough to make Dynasty 2.0 a success. Someone go knock on Bill Conti's door and request a new orchestral version, not some cheap knock off replicated on an electronic keyboard. Most viewers today have large screen televisions with surround sound. I want to immerse myself in a world that is unattainable.

Just one more thing. Can we begin each episode with the opening credits then delve into the story. I despise how most programs today begin with the story and several minutes in give us a small cliffhanger then the opening credits play.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Dynasty 2.0 requires those luxurious opening credits. If The CW tries anything less it tells me their not trying hard enough to make Dynasty 2.0 a success. Someone go knock on Bill Conti's door and request a new orchestral version, not some cheap knock off replicated on an electronic keyboard. Most viewers today have large screen televisions with surround sound. I want to immerse myself in a world that is unattainable.

Good point. :)

Just one more thing. Can we begin each episode with the opening credits then delve into the story. I despise how most programs today begin with the story and several minutes in give us a small cliffhanger then the opening credits play.

Again, good point. Certain shows can pull off a small cliffhanger in the beginning, but with others, I say just begin with the credits then get into the show. I'd like the latter to be how they do NuDynasty. :D
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
A show like Dynasty 2.0 would not require the prerequisite story. Introducing the opening credits with that distinctive music allows the viewer to settle for an enjoyable nights viewing. I've seen some programs begin by giving up half the story with the intro, " Tonight on....", then the opening credits. Worse. When an announcement comes on saying, "Previously on....". If your too bloody lazy to watch the show you don't deserve a mini catch-up. For a surprise change I'd love to see the producers of Dynasty 2.0 try something different. The element of surprise is always welcome.
 

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
5
The most important thing for networks it to hold the viewers....there is no chance they deserve the viewers an opening credit before they serve some story - and I like it to get a look back or to see what´s happening next....
In Germany all Dynasty episodes began with the opening, there was no "last time on" ...and I was sad, because I was fascinated how Falcon Crest had its great opening done...
 

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I'd love to see the complete opening credits 1980s style updated with the 2010s technology in HD at least in the pilot episode, but the broadcast networks ditched them over 10 years ago.

As for the opening credits running at the top of the hour, they ditched that practice over 20 years ago, so I think there is zero chance we get anything but an opening teaser segment, followed by a 10-second intro.

Also, I'd love to see proper closing credits with aerial shots of the mansion, but that's another practice that got the boot and now all series end with closing credits rolling over black screen.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I'd love to see the complete opening credits 1980s style updated with the 2010s technology in HD at least in the pilot episode, but the broadcast networks ditched them over 10 years ago.

As for the opening credits running at the top of the hour, they ditched that practice over 20 years ago, so I think there is zero chance we get anything but an opening teaser segment, followed by a 10-second intro.

Also, I'd love to see proper closing credits with aerial shots of the mansion, but that's another practice that got the boot and now all series end with closing credits rolling over black screen.

Wishful thinking: maybe they'll bring the practice back? ;)
 

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Or how about images of jewelry spilling across the screen, along with horses running and fur coats being spread out and fancy cars speeding along... y'know, typical 'luxurious' things passing along in a montage of sorts? It could be like DOWNTON ABBEY's opening.

Yes, that style of credits is the most likely. They'd be about 30 seconds long and depict trappings of luxury we'd previously see in the background - say, a bottle of Don Perignon in an ice bucket popping open or a bunch of diamonds being spilled onto velvet - now front and center.

Snippets of the cast - either taken directly from the show or posing for the credits ala 902010 - are considered obsolete nowadays. TNT's DALLAS did that signature 3-split screen with the cast in season 3 to appease some old fans who had spent two years complaining about it.

If you're lucky. Some broadcast stations cut off the end credits entirely. The only way to find out that this has ended and that is beginning is to sit through the commercials. A most deceitful practice, but somehow I always fall for itlol

Oh, of course. The actual closing credits can only be seen on DVD or iTunes downloads. In TV airings they run them now over the promo for the following week. And they're so tiny and run so fast, it's just a formality for legal purposes. Still, it'd be nice to get some actual location footage (for example, the mansion in sunset) over the closing credits for the DVD/iTunes version.
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
TNT's DALLAS did that signature 3-split screen with the cast in season 3 to appease some old fans who had spent two years complaining about it.
Though I wasn't one of complainers I do applaud those that pushed for the return of those 3 split opening credits. This should have occurred from the outset since it's a quiet nod to the original. Something else in those opening credits was seeing the Dallas skyline at night, something not seen in the Lorimar Dallas opening credits.
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
My guess, 99.9 percent chance we won't get a 40-50 or more opening credit sequence. No cast names next to poses. No split screens, none of that. I want to wager 100% we won't get that. We'll just get the bells jingling and then the first few notes of: Da-da-da...Da...Da-da-da.... In syllables that sounds like saying "Dy-na-sty, oh, Dy-nasty" and then maybe a Da......daaaaaaaaa! To end the sequence. It will probably have just the show logo and "created by" and that's it.
 
Top