We are getting a theme song! Starting in episode 3!

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
How many episodes are they filming? 13 until they get the word of a full season/additional episodes?
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
I hated the pilot. Episode 2 was a lot better. I admit, I fell asleep watching episode 3 for maybe 10 minutes halfway through the episode, but it's been better than when it first started. So sad the ratings keep going lower.
 

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV
7
 
Awards
15
I hated the pilot. Episode 2 was a lot better. I admit, I fell asleep watching episode 3 for maybe 10 minutes halfway through the episode, but it's been better than when it first started. So sad the ratings keep going lower.

I think it's going to go the same way as the TNT Cyntax Dallas.

You just cannot remake or reboot classic television drama in my honest opinion. :(
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
It's the worst rated reboot/re-make/revival EVER in terms of viewership! Period! Astounding Netflix has this stupid deal! After 3 weeks of being lowest and going lower and lower each week, that's a sure sign of cancellation, especially under 1 mil. I've never ever heard of a show getting under 1 mil and coming back for a 2nd season. Show's would be yanked a few years ago and back with under 1 million. Even today, 2 million is not good. You need higher. The ratings are much much much lower, which is not good. The show won't last into 2020, that's all I can say.
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
It's the worst rated reboot/re-make/revival EVER in terms of viewership! Period! Astounding Netflix has this stupid deal! After 3 weeks of being lowest and going lower and lower each week, that's a sure sign of cancellation, especially under 1 mil. I've never ever heard of a show getting under 1 mil and coming back for a 2nd season. Show's would be yanked a few years ago and back with under 1 million. Even today, 2 million is not good. You need higher. The ratings are much much much lower, which is not good. The show won't last into 2020, that's all I can say. My guess is it either gets the full 22 episodes or a cutback below 22, like 17-18 episodes, maybe a 2nd season, and if ratings stay as bad under 1 mil, season 2 will be it.
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
It's not the worst in terms of how it was put together. A few of the actors are bad, but I think it's decent. The ratings are just so bad. Worst ratings of any show I've actually watched, and I don't watch many. Since it's Netflix, it will probably get a full 22. But then if the ratings keep going under 1 mil and lower and lower, who knows what will happen? I'm almost certain we won't see a season 3. Almost certain. If anything we get a big cliffhanger for season 1 and then it wraps up the show in season 2, hopefully, if it's not cancelled before it properly goes off.
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
Mark, get a life! My god!!! Are you mad or something?!
I'm the biggest Dynasty fan EVER, but what you are pulling here right now is getting me really scared!
 
Last edited:

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Mark, get a life! My god!!! Are you mad or something?!
I'm the biggest Dynasty fan EVER, but what you are pulling here right now is getting me really scared!
It's just a shame it's under 1 mil the last 2 episodes. All everyone was saying was it would go up...it won't be around in 2020. 2017-2018 and if lucky it gets a season 2 2018-2019 but these ratings are so bad and if they keep going down or stay where they are that's not good.
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
And?
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
and Wildchats as the Balladeer! :p


That's one someone wrote once on here on me! And used the Dynasty background or something. This was probably 2006/2007. They took a still of me singing one of my lyrics to one of the themes I made up and made it like a credit.


Anyways...

Yeah, it's sad they keep going down in ratings. It's like Days Of Our Lives. That one has such low ratings yet they keep it around for longer and longer. Should have been gone after last season. I'd like to see Dynasty stay on a little while longer than 2 seasons. I doubt it will. Dallas got 3. It only needed 2 to wrap things up and then they ruined it with all those stupid South American stories. Dynasty at least is not being ruined script-wise. It's the too few viewers that's doing it. I hate 3 of the main characters. Jeff Colby is a wuss. Michael is okay, but he's almost as bad as Jeff. Steven is the worst one. The other actors are god. I did not like Cristal at first. Episode 1 she was all a teeny bopper. Plus the lack of the intro in episode 2, I thought we weren't getting one, but we did. So overall, the show seems fine. It's just ratings-wise, I would have assumed this been cancelled this week or last for sure.

I'm sure they're gonna bring in some ex-Melrose Place, BH 90210 or maybe Desperate Housewife star that's around Grant Show's age to play Alexis. It's probably gonna be someone from one of those shows.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
I think it's going to go the same way as the TNT Cyntax Dallas.

You just cannot remake or reboot classic television drama in my honest opinion. :(


No it's not. I mean Dallas TNT wasn't a reboot per say, it still had JR, Bobby and Sue Ellen and therefore a lot more going for it. The only recast characters were the kids that were now adults. Dallas TNT also opened to strong ratings pretty much everywhere in the world and if the story and pacing had been better and the show had stayed true to the original audience Dallas TNT wouldn't have flopped. :(
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Since this thread is about music, I want to share this song with you. I wrote it 5 minutes ago and it's very good.
Actually, it's not finished yet, so I know exactly how the composers of the NuDynasty theme felt at the time the show premiered.

Ahem ahem (clears throat)

♪I really should be watching you
Watching you
Loving you
Loving yoooooooooouuuuuuuu

DYNASTY!
When the feeling's gone but you must go on
It's DYNASTY!
When the forum cries and I don't know why
It's hard to bear
When nobody loves you and nobody cares
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh♫
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
Watch out for a (hetero) porn movie called "Beyond the Denver Dynasty" from 1988. :D
It has a really terrible but earwormy theme song which is worth a listen!
I watched the intro again a few weeks ago and couldn't get that song out of my mind for days, so be warned! :D
Don't care too much for the porn itself though, the relationships don't make sense at all!
Right at the beginning Clay starts f*cking Krystle (!!), so.. :lol:
 
Last edited:

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Top