Who do you think started the fire?

Who started the fire?

  • Hank

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Kirby

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Matthew

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeff

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monica

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cesil

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • A new character

    Votes: 4 28.6%

  • Total voters
    14

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
And what happened to them? Did they just vanish into thin air?

Well, I don't think the photographer was the one who called them up there in the first place. Either whoever did it posed as a photographer or just told someone that the photographer wanted them up there so they could trap them.

OMG, IT'S LADY ASHLEY!!!
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
or just told someone that the photographer wanted them up there so they could trap them.
It seemed to be Sammy Jo's idea, but like I said maybe someone had inspired him...
But who else besides Steven and Anders would suggest this location to Sammy Jo?
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Is it just me, or did it look to anyone else that when Anders prepped the servers and led them into the Barn-House, one of them, a tall heavy-set guy at the back, peeled off to the left?
I noticed how they showed his arm in a strange way, his hand was touching the shoulder of the servant walking in front of him, maybe to encourage her...to do what?
Or is it some kind of conspiracy and all the hired help were there for a special reason? Maybe they're all relatives of Clarke County victims?


(from the dictionary: conspiracy / kənˈspɪr.ə.si: crazy fan becomes fanatic and delusional, can't accept the fact that he can't solve the mystery, usually followed by a feather boa'd diva-tastic meltdown performance)
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
(from the dictionary: conspiracy / kənˈspɪr.ə.si: crazy fan becomes fanatic and delusional, can't accept the fact that he can't solve the mystery, usually followed by a feather boa'd diva-tastic meltdown performance)

Don't worry, Willie. Season 2 will come and the mystery will (hopefully) be solved... I mean, surely it won't be like "Who ransacked Alexis' apartment?" where it was left a mystery for all time... right? :confused:
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
I mean, surely it won't be like "Who ransacked Alexis' apartment?" where it was left a mystery for all time... right? :confused:
Did we ever try to figure out whodunit?:D

Season 2 will come and the mystery will (hopefully) be solved
Maybe the writers have no idea how to solve their own mystery, and they're hoping that the fans will post the perfect solution online. There are like 50 theories in this thread alone, all they have to do is cherry-pick their favourite. I demand a special credit, or a YouTube thank-you by Elizabeth Gillies!
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Did we ever try to figure out whodunit?:D

There've been plenty of theories... but no explanations. :(

Maybe the writers have no idea how to solve their own mystery, and they're hoping that the fans will post the perfect solution online. There are like 50 theories in this thread alone, all they have to do is cherry-pick their favourite. I demand a special credit, or a YouTube thank-you by Elizabeth Gillies!

That'll do. X)
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
Don't worry, Willie. Season 2 will come and the mystery will (hopefully) be solved... I mean, surely it won't be like "Who ransacked Alexis' apartment?" where it was left a mystery for all time... right? :confused:

It was Amanda, duh... or anyone really, since you could just prance into her apartment unannounced.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
There is something else that bothers me: why didn't Steven leave the room, why was he so hellbent to open that window.
Could it be that the panic on his face was partially surprise and disbelief because he expected that window to open? Of course there's nothing unusual about windows opening, but in this case it was very important.
If we'd apply the theory that the person who had arranged the fire was in the trophy room then it makes sense that that person would want to be 100% sure that there was a way to escape. Maybe he had tested that window on the wedding day or even before that.
I can't think of a motive yet, but it's also possible that someone discovered his dastardly plan and sabotaged the window. Or maybe his henchman (the arsonist) double-crossed him!
 

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Awards
2
Maybe the writers have no idea how to solve their own mystery, and they're hoping that the fans will post the perfect solution online. There are like 50 theories in this thread alone, all they have to do is cherry-pick their favourite. I demand a special credit, or a YouTube thank-you by Elizabeth Gillies!

Cherry picking ideas from Soapchat is what I truly believe they have done. Matt highlighted this in another thread on this forum. I’d like to add, another example is the A Well-Dressed Tarantula episode. Unlike almost all the others, this was not linked to a line from O.Dynasty but to what Cristal said to the dude she thought she’d killed, Alejandro Silva. This was the 10th episode of the series, and it aired Jan 17th this year. (Disclaimer: I’ve not watched it in full, just read about it elsewhere off Soapchat & seen a couple of clips.)

What’s in a name…. Around Jan 1st, I mentioned Ricardo Montalban’s grandson, Alexander, on The Colbys forum. His is the anglicised name for Alejandro. Separately, Don Montalban had starred in the movie, Border Incident, which featured an evil bracero broker, Owen Parkson, who led an organised group preying on Mexicans/South Americans wanting to work in America. The Parkson character was played by Howard de Silva. Far-fetched coincidence? Might look that way since Caress, Venezuela, murder and revenge were the legitimate family tie-ins.

Fallon’s gold theme for her birthday party alluded to her Midas Touch. I don’t know what the O.Dynasty link is, but on The Colbys, Zack (Ricardo Montalban) told Jason at Sable’s party that Jason had the Midas Touch. The two men sparred obliquely over business (using dance forms as metaphors).

Like Fallon subsequently, Pablo, Mr Montalban’s character in Border Incident, was taken hostage. Both stories feature betrayal and team work, not to mention mob-style business.

I raised my eyebrows when Ep 10’s title was announced back in November. A month earlier, I’d listed my so-called ‘top’ 10 Colin Firth movies in no particular order on Soapchat. #7 was Trauma. All I said then about this movie was that it featured a female tarantula that the cast had named Colin.

Set aside the thought that Mr Firth has long been regarded as well-dressed in public, wearing suits daily…. If you take a look at Trauma, you’ll see that it features black actors. In the movie, Mr Firth’s character, Ben, wakes up from a coma after a car accident and is traumatized that his wife died in it. He’d been driving and they’d been rowing. He tries to find peace of mind moving on but he’s all messed up.

Like Steven in A Well Dressed Tarantula, Ben gets lots of advice on how to recover; but relationship issues don’t leave him alone. One scene, a black woman with wet hair kisses him on the back of the neck. In another he feeds a white woman something. In A Well Dressed Tarantula, Monica & Michael kiss, then she goes to her car and gets wet by the sprinklers. Blake eats dessert and he feeds Cristal a piece, which she helps him put in her mouth. Want more parallels?

Also in the episode, Anders says: “Especially after he discovers his wife’s a congenital liar, and murderer.” If you’ve watched Trauma, you’ll know what the movie’s kicker is. Some scenes from it, without dialogue:

Mid-January, you (Willie) and I were discussing Diego and Gran Hotel, where among other things, one of the leads ended up in an open grave during a fight. (Something about Sammy Jo in the more recent episodes even reminds me of Alfredo, mixed in with a little Javier, but that might be my imagination running wild.)

It’s simply not just us who should be demanding a special credit or YouTube thank you.

I wonder why original ideas are so hard to be had by professional scriptwriters/story tellers? It's been too convenient to anticipate others' lack of knowledge. If there’s one wish I have for the answer to who started the fire, it’s that we see more authentically original material (not just creative reimaginings) from here on out on cwDynasty.
 
Last edited:

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I wonder why original ideas are so hard to be had by professional scriptwriters/story tellers?

Because there's nothing original left anymore?

If there’s one wish I have for the answer to who started the fire, it’s that we see more authentically original material (not just creative reimaginings) from here on out on cwDynasty.

These days, it seems like reimaginings are all we have left... although you do raise a good concern about the explanation for who started the fire. I just hope they had a plan for it all along and didn't just throw it in last minute.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
If there’s one wish I have for the answer to who started the fire, it’s that we see more authentically original material (not just creative reimaginings) from here on out on cwDynasty.
Well, it is a remake, and that's the only genre that doesn't have to be original. But 80% of NuDynasty never happened on O.Dynasty so I think they're doing a great job trying to make it look fresh, using different angles, twists and mash-up characters.
 

Zable

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Awards
2
There’s something sad about your statistics for this remake. If 80% of nuDynasty never came from O.Dynasty, it’s because they had big problems with the source material from the parent. What I’m questioning is where in that 80% are they stamping ‘100% made from scratch for cwDynasty’ without borrowed material in the mix. I have no quarrel with a production using the previous work of its own cast as source material; or using material from other shows where there is a clear homage to that show or genre or even a person; but I’d like to see that 100% made from scratch stamp grow in size, unless that stamp is truly horrendous.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
I’d like to see that 100% made from scratch stamp grow in size, unless that stamp is truly horrendous.
I like remakes to be somewhat recognizable, but twisted enough to entertain as something "new". I think that's the whole point of a remake.
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
It could also be Ma Culhane, which would be ironic if Michael ends up biting the dust.

It would also explain why she could possibly go around undetected at the party - Michael kept her a secret to most of them, so in theory there's only a couple of characters she'd have to avoid being seen by. Michael might've even realised what she'd done which is why he ran in there in the first place.
 

GillesDenver

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I don't believe that the writers stole some ideas on this board. But if season 2 involves a crystal skull, I might change my mind !:cool:
 
Top