Followers of the original series that ran on ABC from 1981 to 1989 had hoped that The CW might go the route of TNT’s 2012 Dallas reboot, which faithfully combined stars and characters from the original show with the younger Ewing offspring, furthering the legacy of the original series.
Faithfully? How about insulting. Fleeting glimpses of Ray, Lucy, Gary, Valene, Mandy and Cally. And as for furthering the legacy of the original series most on this site will argue it trampled on Lorimar Dallas. I'll be the first to admit the dying dies of Lorimar Dallas was abysmal compared to those first several seasons but TNT Dallas offered nothing to enrich Dallas.
I have my fingers crossed for those wanting Dynasty 2.0 to be a success, I really do. But, from what I've seen from the trailer with Cristal's ankles pointing towards Blake's office ceiling, Steven wandering the empty halls with a drink in hand, the chauffeur doing untold things between Fallon's legs, Cristal swiveling her hips as she walks towards her betrothed and the ultimate insult...Fallon and Cristal having a catfight, this version looks cheap. It looks to be scene stealing rather than character telling.
I'll be the first to admit I wasn't as big as a fan of Dynasty than Dallas but original Dynasty had more class in one scene than that horrid Dynasty 2.0 trailer.