Would you watch a new dynasty with the original cast?

Elizabeth Ewins

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
I was wondering if anybody would watch dynasty with the remaining original cast?Obviously there would be no John Forsyth but I can see Joan Collins and Linda Evans fighting over control over the estate and who heads the family and fighting over the memory of Blake.
 

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
21
Yes, although I'm watching nuDYNASTY (I missed the last episode) just for the heck of it.

But a continuation with the original cast would have to avoid the mistakes of nuDALLAS -- and who knows if they would?
 

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Star
LV
3
 
Awards
7
I would watch it out of curiosity but I don't think it'd be a good idea. I'm not a huge fan of continuations on TV. I find that they are usually a shadow of the original show. It's like when an iconic character returns to a soap after being absent for a few years. It's often like they're playing a parody version of themselves and it's never as good as it was the first time around.
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
Well, it would have as many evil South American characters that do evil things, that's for sure.
 

Laurie Marr

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
3
 
Awards
10
Absolutely. It would have a ghoulish appeal - watching all those superannuated celebs tottering around.
 

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
5
YES! I stopped watching the new /fake one after the pilot .... I want class, style & Collins.
 

Gabriele

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Dynasty 10th Season

After the Blake shootout, he is hospitalized in severe conditions. Amanda, Steven, Ben, Leslie, Dominique, arrive in Denver to attend Blake.
Alexis and Dex are hospitalized. Alexis has a dream where she sees his life as if she had not returned to Denver with Joseph, Sean, Cecil, Mark still alive.
Alexis wakes up while Dex is paralyzed.
Sable loses the child for stress, Monica calls Miles and Bliss to Denver to help her mother.
Miles reveals that Jason and Francesca are married and Jason is their biological father after a paternity test.
Caress arrives in Denver to help Alexis.
Cash Cassidy arrives in Denver to ask Monica to move to Los Angeles to grow Scott after Adrienne died of cancer.
Krystel comes out of coma and returns to Denver to assist Blake
Fallon and Kristina are saved by Zorrelli and Dennis Grimes dies in the cave.

The treasure is seized by the police.
Zach Powers buys Denver Carrington
Kirby Anders became a powerful woman buying Colbyco
Sable agrees to marry Zach in return to sell Denver Carrington to Blake.
Blake comes out of the coma and meets in marriage with Krystel
Dex after an operation returns to walk and marries Alexis
Kirby marries Adam
Fallon chooses to stay with Jeff
Amanda falls in love with Zorrelli
Leslie and Miles fall in love and leave for Los Angeles
Sammy Jo finds Tanner who has left the vows and decides to live together.
Nice back in Australia
Caress moves to New York to write a Carrington biography.
Monica and Cash move to Los Angeles.
The police investigating the shootout finds out that the mysterious woman with limouisine and Costance Colby survived the plane crash.
Coastance asks Blake for the double play of Captain Hadler. He did not want to hurt Blake.

Everyone meets at Villa Carrington for the wedding of Blake and Krystel
END
 

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
YES! I stopped watching the new /fake one after the pilot .... I want class, style & Collins.

All of those in spades on ABC back in the day (and a better title sequence to boot)!
 

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
1
 
Awards
6
Yes, yes, yes, yes and YES! I would! Not a fan of continuations normally but NuDynasty is a mess so far, I'd much rather see the original cast! Heck misogynist, conservative Jeff Colby from the original series is more preferable than Nu!Jeff who just pouts that weird, creepy pout of his every. damn. episode
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
No. And these are just my personal thoughts. In the 80's I really liked Linda Evans. Her beauty and warmth exuded from the small screen. It was Linda that attracted me to watch Dynasty for a short term - until the over the top camp reared its ugly head. But like too many actresses her desire to remain relevant is clearly seen in her changing face. I understand it is her decision to do that but there is something to be said for growing old gracefully.

It's like when an iconic character returns to a soap after being absent for a few years. It's often like they're playing a parody version of themselves and it's never as good as it was the first time around.

I fully agree with Carrie's sentiment here. Sure, there would be the initial curiosity factor but watching dear old Dame Joan and try as she might to remain forever young Linda would just be a turn off for me, no matter how good the writing would be. But I don't discount others wishing to see a continuation of Dynasty with their grand old dames in full flight.
 
Top