Coronation Street Corrie

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
5
I thought tonight's episode was an easy watch, I did have to smile when Andy bashed Phelan, it was a bit of a damp quid. That would have hardly knocked him out, that blow wouldn't have taken the skin off a rice pudding. If that had been Emmerdale we would have had a lot more violence.

If ever an actress fits like a glove on the Street its Melanie Hill. I hope she stays on the cobbles for many a year.
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
This latest story with Phelan has annoyed, it's all becoming too tired and they are milking the character for everything they can, only it comes at a cost.

I'm bored to tears with Maria, surely she is due for another six months off.


The Barlows are holding the show up this Christmas, well so far anyway.
 

Barbara On A Broomstick

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
39
I'm bored to tears with Maria, surely she is due for another six months off.

oh Ditto, I hope they "send her down" for a very long time and she can fit in a few acting lessons in her time off
She needs them.

Looking fwds to seeing Toyah back, enjoying the Barlows right now and Scary Mary and Norris and I hope Roy and cathy make it up

Phelan is great but the blackmail storyline is weak right now , and as for Bethany awol! I dont care, someone at work said whats with her Myra Hindley hair colour, and they are right! Its awful
 

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
5
2 words for Christmas Eve's episode "UTTER CRAP" and that is being charitable because it's the season of goodwill and all that jazz. Couldn't care less about Maria.
 

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
5
The episode wasn't bad, the peter and Nick scenes were funny especially when peter threw the gnome at Nick's head.

The David scenes were rather touching with Lilly and Max.

I don't buy the Toyah and Peter scenes (well not yet) it didn't work for me. It is just a plot device. You just know Toyah and Eva are going to hate each other.
 

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
8
oh i agree, i liked her long ago when she was Timothy Spall / Barrys girlfriend in Auf Wiedersehen Pet and as the wife of Stephen Tompkinson in Brassed off, she is great character actress.
Oh, I remember her from Bread and as the physically abusive wife of PC/DC/PC/DC/DS Jim Carver in The Bill
 

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Mary has been in Corrie for years with no semblance of mental anguish about being raped or losing her son whatsoever - until someone came up with this storyline and now she can't get it out of her head and can barely cope with the hurt. Pathetic, cheap, nasty writing and, yet again, an insult to the intelligence of viewers. Can't wait for the Soap Awards where they will be told how well written the storylines are, how well acted it all is and how realistic the characters are. Really, really cheap and nasty.
 

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Sadly Coronation Street has become a parody of itself and IMO is the worst of the big 3. It amazes me how healthy the ratings are. It is sad to see this once great institution in such a bad state.
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
Sadly Coronation Street has become a parody of itself

I still believe they have some great characters with some of the best pairings in all the soaps, but I can't disagree with how bad it's feeling right now. It's the better characters/actors that's holding it together for me right now and I'm looking forward to some of the stuff they are building up to.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I love Corrie but aspects of it really annoy me. I mean Toyah and Peter? I really enjoy Toyah now - but for years I couldn't stand her - that totally miserable drooping face!! She has improved a lot. I found it hard to believe last night that Steph would hug Andy when he said he was walking out - she should have slapped his face and shown him the door.
 
Top