Coronation Street Corrie

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
2
I'm curious LouiseP, who are your favourite characters on Corrie?
Tricky that. Most of the characters are unlikeable really but if I had to pick a couple I like I'd say Roy and Audrey. Liz is ok. Caring in her own way .

Yours ?
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
My favourites are David, Tracy, Peter, Sally, Norris, Mary, Eileen and I would stick Tim in here too

Pretty much anything can be thrown at them and they always make it work.


Then there’s Roy, Rita, Robert, Sophie, Leanne, Audrey, Gail, Eva, Ken, Todd, Sarah Louise, Erica Kev, Yasmeen, Gary, Michelle, Steve, Craig & Beth where I can enjoy 50% of their stories.


I have always struggled with Ches, Sinead, Fiz, Sean, Tyrone, Maria, Dev, Nick, Kirk, Anna & Izzy


Of the more recent additions, Daniel Osbourne is by far my favourite along with the new Gemma and I am enjoying the return of Toyah & Jenny.




Most of the characters are unlikeable
Oh yeah, absolutely, and that's what makes them more fun to watch.
 

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
2
Ome, do I come across as someone who dislikes most of the characters because I grumble about them?

Well, yes, I'm not enjoying Corrie at the moment. The storylines just aren't enjoyable any more. However I think Michelle did well with the still birth.

Oh, I forgot to mention Gemma. Quite like her as a character.
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
Ome, do I come across as someone who dislikes most of the characters because I grumble about them?
No not all all, I sense you feel the way most of us do about how ridiculous it has become and it's hard to find positives with the show right now, whether that's with the story-lines or the characters. Yes there are still signs of some good stuff and I myself tend to like some of the ideas they come up with, but when you watch it lay out on the screen it just doesn't seem to live up to the expectations I was hoping for.

The real damage is caused by the amount of episodes they are delivering each week. They don't give enough time to let stories develop on their own, and this all leads to contrived scenes that tear it all apart.

Despite all that, I started to get my own enjoyment out of it by picking fault all the time. I don't know what other forums are like, whether there is a big shift in discussion with fans loving the show for what it is.
 

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
2
I think what is happening now is just pure sensationalism and I think this is Katie Oates doing . The predecessor was bad enough ( can't remember his name….Stuart something is it, the guy with the hat ) but in my view what we are getting is 100 times worse. All these sensational goings on all in one tiny street . It actually beggars belief but I still keep on watching . :tv2:

I think we are due something else with Leanne later in the year . I won't say what . Is there a spoilers thread ?
 

Barbara On A Broomstick

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
40
Watching the Jean Alexander/ Hilda Ogden tribute at Xmas showed how much the show had changed and not for the better

So many strong characters, woman in particular who could act! Hilda, Elsie, Annie, Rita, Bet, Ena, Ivy - you name it

Now who is there that can compare to them, Sarah?? Sinead??Maria??Fiz??Eva?? et al, not in the same league at all, its like a wtaered down version both in stories and acting and the not very talented Rawzie is coming back! great!! I know you will enjoy that Ome lol for 2 reasons and I wonder how long before she gets her kit off!!?? :)

I have still to order 1970/80s DVD, but i will get round to it.

I love Sally and Tim, he is a great addition to the cast, i love Roy, Mary, Norris, and like Liz and Steve, peter, David, Tracey,Leanne, Craig gemma and agree nice to see Jenny and Toyah back so there is a lot to like but so many of the younger cast are weak. Corrie is no longer compulsry viewing, if im out i dont mind missing an episode or 2!
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
I think what is happening now is just pure sensationalism

Yes and there's really no need for it.
Watching the Jean Alexander/ Hilda Ogden tribute at Xmas showed how much the show had changed and not for the better
I can accept change, but I can't understand why Corrie needs to focus so much on a younger generation, long gone are the days of old Corrie where the young ones were sent upstairs.

Corrie desperately needs a battleaxe or two and we had that with Blanche and Sylvia which was great, but why have they never bothered to at least try and replace them? They came close with Teresa Morton, who reminded me a little of Ivy and I think Nessa has the potential.

the not very talented Rawzie is coming back! great!!

Oh, I know she's a weak actress, but there's something I love about dozy Rosie... :D
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Carla was my favourite :( But I love Rita, Daniel, Tim, Brian, Roy, Norris, Steph, Eva, Gemma, Freddie, Dev, Tyrone, Mary, Alya,David and Pat.

I cannot stand Leanne, never have liked her and Tracey is just a head fryer. I used to like Nick but have really gone off him. Can't bear Sally or Steve but I must be one of only a few that loves Dev :)
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
That homeless girl must be the luckiest homeless girl on the face of the Earth. Picked up, living rough, gets a job and a roof over her head in under a week.
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
That homeless girl must be the luckiest homeless girl on the face of the Earth.


She is the new Becky, Kylie, Maddie, Gemma Comes into the show as an unlikable thief, living rough and then suddenly becomes the heart of the show.

This isn't Weatherfield, it's Disney Land, where all your dreams come true.
 

Barbara On A Broomstick

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
40
She is the new Becky, Kylie, Maddie, Gemma Comes into the show as an unlikable thief, living rough and then suddenly becomes the heart of the show.

This isn't Weatherfield, it's Disney Land, where all your dreams come true.

lets hope her stay is a short lived one
its so contrived and as i said in an earlier post - down and out and homeless with perfect make up and nice trimmed eyebrows! (a bit like the down and out drunk in Dallas s8 who gives Sue Ellen a swig of her vodka - she had nice gold framed glasses if i recall!!)
Time she slinged her hook - i couldnt abide Becky, Kylie wasnt so bad as she became more established on the show
and Id almost forgotten about Maddie or Muddy as Saw - phee called her.

So where is Andy??? another contrived storyline, more crime in Weatherfield than in NY in the 70s!
 

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
2
She is the new Becky, Kylie, Maddie, Gemma Comes into the show as an unlikable thief, living rough and then suddenly becomes the heart of the show.

This isn't Weatherfield, it's Disney Land, where all your dreams come true.
You forgot Shona, yet another thief who is shaping up to help Roy out of his "lonely existence" . Comes into the street, gets an job at Roy's and a bed at Eileen's along with Todd, Billy and Phelan.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
You forgot Shona, yet another thief who is shaping up to help Roy out of his "lonely existence" . Comes into the street, gets an job at Roy's and a bed at Eileen's along with Todd, Billy and Phelan.

That's who we are talking about ;)
 
Top