Dallas in the 90's

K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you so much for the feedback Jessie, Silvie and Crazy about SE and JR. :)

Jessie, I'm glad that you have caught up and that you also love the story. :)
You do have a point about Jenna and Pam they still don't like each other.
I'm glad you think we wrote JR perfectly and that you enjoy having all the characters in the story.

Silvie, I'm glad you love the story too.

Finally I'm sorry it's taken me this long to start posting episode two. But here it is:


2.SueEllensMovie.jpg



The newly reassembled Ewing family was gathered in Southfork’s living room. They were still in shock after Lucy’s revelation and no one was more shocked than Sue Ellen herself. Watching JR throwing her a hurt and angry glance Sue Ellen could feel a chill go down her spine, as she looked into his blue eyes. His eyes narrowed and he didn’t smile at her anymore.

“Does she mean that awful movie that you showed me some years ago?” JR demanded to know as his eyes seemed to pierce right through hers.

“I honestly don’t know JR,” Sue Ellen replied, the despair and confusion written all over her face.

Miss Ellie asked puzzled, “Which movie?”

“Um…” Sue Ellen looked down in shame and her cheeks turned red with embarrassment. Oh no Miss Ellie was never supposed to know about the movie. She’s gonna be crushed when she finds out the truth about JR and me, she reflected, as the last thing she ever wanted to do was hurt the woman who’d been more like a mother to her than her own.

Unfortunately her worst fears were soon confirmed by Lucy, “The one Sue Ellen and I were working on, the movie is about JR and Sue Ellen.”

“Sue Ellen how could you release that movie to the public?” JR yelled, hurt by Sue Ellen’s betrayal. “You said that you would only release it if you were having a bad day…” he then added somewhat weakly, as he was searching out her hazel eyes for an answer.

“But that’s just it, I haven’t released the movie to the public,” Sue Ellen denied it.

But JR was too angry to listen to her so he went on, “Look I know that I haven’t treated you right all the time, but was it really necessary to air all our dirty laundry in public?”

“No,” Sue Ellen shook her head.

“I mean do you have any idea what this movie will do to Mama and John Ross?”

“Of course I do, that’s why I never meant for it to be released,” Sue Ellen yelled. “You know I would never want to do anything to hurt or embarrass the Ewing Family,” Sue Ellen looked straight at JR.

“And yet you released that movie?”

“No, I didn’t,” Sue Ellen insisted. “JR you’ve got to believe me when I say that it wasn’t me who released that movie!”

Seeing the tears well up in her eyes JR calmed down a little. “I believe you,” he finally said. “Still if you didn’t release the movie, who did?” JR asked before he cast an annoyed glance at his niece.

“Don’t look at me, I didn’t release the movie. I just helped with the casting of Mitch and by telling some stories to Don when he was writing the script…” Lucy defended herself.

Sue Ellen could feel her heart sinking by the mentioning of her husband. Yes of course Don! He always wanted to release the movie to make a quick profit… Sue Ellen bit her lip, as she made a mental note to have a serious conversation with her husband as soon as she got up to her room.

But unfortunately for her she didn’t get the chance to retire quietly to her room before John Ross, who seemed to be thinking what she was thinking suddenly spoke up, “You know Mama, I bet you that it was that idiot Don who released the movie to the public…”

“No John Ross! I am married to him and Don would never do something like that to me,” Sue Ellen defended her husband. Or would he? She then added mentally, as John Ross was mainly just saying out loud what she already suspected.

“Wouldn’t he?” John Ross asked. “As I seem to recall you two having an argument about the movie just hours before we left England.”

“Well we might have argued about the movie. Still that doesn’t mean that he’s actually released it…” Sue Ellen said hesitatingly.

“Maybe not, but if you ask me I still think he has. I guess there’s only one way to find out for sure. Why don’t you call him and ask him about it?” John Ross challenged his mother and although Sue Ellen had planned to do just that in private she now found herself in a position where she had a hard time to say no. Because if she did everybody would know that she didn’t really trust her husband.

“You know, I might do just that,” Sue Ellen said reluctantly. “Miss Ellie, may I use the phone?”

“Of course,” Miss Ellie replied. “Teresa can you go and get the phone for Mrs. Sue Ellen?”

“Yes Ma’am,” Teresa agreed and went and fetched the phone from the hallway table. She then put it in front of Sue Ellen and left.

Sue Ellen dialed the number home and soon heard the two dial signals that meant that her call was getting through. Please don’t pick up, please don’t pick up, she prayed silently, as the last thing she felt like was talking to Don while the whole Ewing family observed her.

But naturally he did pick up, “Lockwood residence.”

“Oh hi Don, it’s me,” Sue Ellen greeted him.

“Sue Ellen how nice of you to call,” Don said happily.

“Yeah I thought that I’d just call to let you know that John Ross and I have arrived safely in Dallas.”

“That’s nice. Even though I still wish you hadn’t left.”

“I’m glad. So I guess that means that you really didn’t mean what you were saying the other day?”

“You mean about getting a divorce?”

“Yes.”

“You’re right, I don’t want us to get a divorce. I was just angry because you wanted to go back to Southfork with John Ross. I mean after everything that JR’s put you through…” Don started saying.

Looking at the Ewing family watching her every move Sue Ellen knew that it was time to ask what she’d really called for, “Oh that’s right, speaking of JR. I wanted to ask you something.”

“Oh what’s that?”

“Well you know the movie that we made…”

“About you and JR, yes what about it?”

“Well you know the funniest thing just happened to me when I got back to Southfork. You'll see Lucy just got back from Australia and she claims that she has seen the movie. How is that possible?”

“Oh that’s what I was trying to tell you before you left…you know I always thought you wanted to release the movie, so I made a deal with a distribution company a couple of months ago and…”

“You went behind my back?!” Sue Ellen exclaimed.

“Well I guess you can say that, but I only did what I did because I thought that’s what we both wanted. Since when we worked on the movie you were all for releasing it…”

“Well that was then. I thought I made it clear to you last week that I didn’t want to release the movie anymore…”

“Yes I sort of gathered that but by then it was already too late. The movie had already had its world premiere in Australia and it opens up in England tonight.”

“I can’t believe this," Sue Ellen felt like all the air had been punched out of her lungs. "All this time when you were nagging me to release the movie, you were just trying to seek my approval for something that you have already done behind my back?" She said in disbelief. "It didn’t really matter what I said as you had already released the movie when you brought it up with me…”

“That’s right and I am glad that I did too as we’ve already made a fortune off its opening weekend in Australia, Sue Ellen I can feel it, this movie is going to make us rich.”

“Well it’s nice to know where you stand,” Sue Ellen said sarcastically. “I can’t believe that you released the movie even when you knew I was against it…”

“But honey I only did what I did because…”

“No don’t give me the bullshit that you thought you were only doing what I wanted to do,” Sue Ellen yelled at Don. “Because you know that’s I lie. I mean I told you five years ago that I didn’t want to release the movie and I told you again last year when you brought it up. I guess this really proves what kind of a man you’re really are. You are nothing but a greedy little bastard Don…”

“Hey there’s nothing wrong with wanting to make some money. I mean that’s just the way the world works. No one makes a movie and lock it up in a vault Sue Ellen! Everyone who works in this business wants to turn a profit and you know it.”

“All I know is that a lot of people that I love are going to get hurt from that movie and right now I really regret making it.”

“The only thing I regret about the movie is not having released it earlier. I mean if I would have known how much attention the Ewings would have gotten I would have released the movie several years ago,” Don said cheerfully.

Listening to her husbands’ unsympathetic voice Sue Ellen could feel the tears spill over on her cheeks. How could I be so wrong about Don? Sue Ellen wondered silently. I thought that he’d never hurt me and look where that’s got me… she reflected as she was deeply hurt by all this. “I can’t believe I’ve been so wrong about you. I thought that I knew you. But I guess I really don’t as the Don I knew would never sell out his wife for money!” Sue Ellen yelled and her hazel eyes were flashing with anger.

“Look Sue Ellen, I know you’re disillusioned when you love someone. But I never meant to deceive you. I mean I told you before the wedding that I’m not perfect. No one can be as perfect as you want people to be. No one Sue Ellen,” Don tried to defend himself.

“So now you’re trying to tell me that I’ve brought this on myself, by asking for too much?”

“Yes and why are you so upset for?” Don asked. “I mean I thought that anyone better than the Ewings were good enough for you and I’m better than them.”

“Like hell you are!” Sue Ellen yelled. “The Ewings might be one hell of a family, but they’ve got something that nobody else got. They stick together when it really matters and that’s more than can be said about you!”

“I’m sorry you feel that way.”

“Well you are gonna be even sorrier if you don’t put an end to this movie before its US release. You hear me Don?” Sue Ellen yelled, before laying it out on the line for him. “I want this movie pulled from the cinemas before it ever reaches the American audiences…”

“But Sue Ellen, the US release is already scheduled for next month and I am not sure it can be pulled at this point…”

“Well you are going to do your darn best to make that happen…”

“But the contracts that I’ve signed…”

“Are made to be broken,” Sue Ellen cut him off. “Listen Don, I don’t care what contracts you’ll have to break or how much money they’ll sue us for as long as you’re stopping that movie, you hear me?”

“I hear you but I really don’t want to pull the movie…”

“But I do and you’ll better listen to what I want for a change and get that movie stopped because if you don’t and that movie ever premieres in the United States I will divorce you,” Sue Ellen threatened Don and JR who had done his best to eavesdrop on Sue Ellen’s conversation grinned, as that idiot Don was playing him straight into his hands.

Don sighed heavily before he said, “No Sue Ellen, I realize that you are angry. But are you really gonna throw away every good year we ever had over something that happened in the past?”

“Well that’s up to you Don.”

“I really think that we ought to talk more about this. Why don’t you come home so we can try to straighten things out?”

“No Don, I am not coming home now. I am staying at Southfork as planned, whether you’ll like it or not. If you want to talk you’ll have to come here and if you don’t stop that movie I really don’t think our marriage is worth saving,” Sue Ellen gave him an ultimatum.

“But…”

Sue Ellen had had enough and hung up the phone before he’d even had a chance to finish the sentence. Then she cursed to herself, “Damn you Don!” Before she looked up only to find eleven pair of eyes observing her.

“Whew I guess we don’t have to wonder who released the movie anymore,” Lucy said lightheartedly, in an attempt to lighten up the tense mood in the room.

“No it’s pretty obvious that Don did, just like I said that he would have,” John Ross gloated.

“Look Sue Ellen for what it’s worth, I’m sorry for bringing up the movie. I thought that it was you who had decided to release it,” Lucy apologized.

“No that’s okay Lucy, I would have found out that Don had released the movie sooner or later anyway and at least now I found out before it reached the USA,” Sue Ellen reasoned.

“Yeah let’s hope that it never does,” Mitch agreed.

It got uncomfortably silent for a moment before Rebecca spoke up, “Mommy there’s one thing I don’t understand about Aunt Sue Ellen’s phone call.”

“Rebecca what did I tell you about eavesdropping?” Pam tried to lecture her daughter.

“That it’s not polite to eavesdrop,” Rebecca said innocently. “Still I wasn’t eavesdropping I mean the way she was yelling we could all hear what she was saying right?”

“Right,” Bobby agreed.

Sue Ellen’s face went pale as she realized that everyone, including JR had just heard her threatening to divorce Don. Yikes, if Don and I ever divorces the last person I want to find out about it is JR…God he’ll make his move faster than a cobra and I am not sure I am strong enough to resist him, Sue Ellen reflected, as she looked down.

“So what did she mean when she said that the Ewing’s are one hell of a family?” Rebecca asked innocently.

“Oh God,” Sue Ellen sighed. ”I really did say that now, didn’t I?”

“Yes you did,” Clayton confirmed.

Sue Ellen’s cheeks turned red in embarrassment as she said distressed, “I’m sorry Miss Ellie. I didn’t mean to insult you or anything. You know if you’d want me to go back home to England I can leave…”

“Nonsense Sue Ellen we’d all like for you to stay. Besides how can I be angry with you for telling the truth?” Miss Ellie said reassuringly. “I know us Ewings can be hard to live with at times. But we do stick together when it really matters.”

“Yes and now when that god damn awful movie’s been released we really need to stick together,” JR agreed.

“But I’m not a Ewing anymore…” Sue Ellen said hesitatingly.

“And neither am I as I’m divorced from Bobby,” Pam reminded Sue Ellen. “And I know that JR would want nothing more than to throw me and Rebecca right off this ranch if he could but I’m not gonna leave again unless Bobby tells us to go and neither should you.”

“Yes that’s true, no one’s asked you to leave Sue Ellen,” Bobby said.

“Okay you might be right.”

“You know they are Mama. Besides I don’t want you to leave. I like it when we’re all here together,” John Ross said pleadingly.

“So do I,” Miss Ellie agreed. “Sue Ellen and Pam, I know that you are both divorced from my sons but I still consider you as family.”

“Thanks Miss Ellie, it feels good to hear you say that,” Pam smiled warmly at Miss Ellie.

“Yes thanks Miss Ellie. But I still feel bad about the movie. If you want to I can go out and denounce it in public,” Sue Ellen offered.

“No there’s no need for you to do that, in fact I think doing that will only draw more attention to it," Miss Ellie reasoned, "So I think the best thing we can do now is stick together and I’d like it for you and JR to be nice to each other while you’re staying here. I think that your staying here during a time of crisis will show people that whatever is in that movie is not true. Or else you wouldn’t be here now, would you?”

“I guess so.”

“I know so,” Miss Ellie smiled reassuringly.

“Yeah and you should know that you have mine and Mitch’s support,” Lucy smiled before turning to her husband. “Well honey perhaps we should start looking for a good hotel to stay at?”

“Don’t even think about it Lucy. I’d like for you and Mitch to stay here at Southfork,” Miss Ellie insisted. “Your room is yours as long as you’d want it!”

“Thanks grandma, but I am not sure if Mitch wants to stay here,” Lucy glanced concerned at her husband.

But he just smiled at her, “Well if it makes you happy we can stay here.”

“Okay so I guess that means that we’re staying,” Lucy smiled.

“Good then that’s decided,” Miss Ellie smiled too before turning to their maid, “Teresa can you carry up Lucy and Mitch’s luggage to Lucy’s room?”

“Yes Mrs. Farlow,” Teresa replied and left.

“Well it looks like I’ve got my family back together again and you know how happy that makes me,” Miss Ellie smiled. “Now like I was saying earlier this really does deserves a toast,” Miss Ellie raised her glass. “To our family may nothing break us apart again,” Miss Ellie proposed the toast and the whole family exchanged smiles as they all joined in on the toast and drank to their new beginning.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great update Karin!:) I love this story so much. :) Don Lockwood is an idiot to release Sue Ellen's movie about her life with JR behind her back. :(I hope Sue Ellen divorces him. :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback Sanda. :)
Yeah it sure wasn't nice of Don to release the movie behind Sue Ellen's back and yes of course she needs to divorce him! ;)

Here's another update:


The next morning in La Spezia, Italy Jenna was putting in the last suitcase in the fully packed car when her eight-year-old son came running out of the house and down the stairs. He was carrying four toy-cars in his hands, “Hi Lucas!” Jenna greeted him. “So are you ready to go?”

“Yes,” Lucas smiled. “So will we see daddy tomorrow?”

“No honey,” Jenna shook her head. “I’ve explained to you that daddy is already in Dallas and we are gonna fly to Washington and then drive down to Dallas. But you love road trips right?”

Lucas face lit up, “Of course,” Lucas beamed. “I get to see lots of cars. Like when we went to Paris and Rome and…”

“Yes darling.”

“And of course Autobahn in Germany,” Lucas beamed.

“Yes I know. Now will you get in the car?”

“Of course,” Lucas nodded and got into the car.

“Charlie what is taking you so long?” Jenna called out.

Charlie came out of the house and locked the front door with double locks. “Sorry mom, I was just making sure that all the windows were closed and the stoves off and…”

“That’s my girl. Come on now,” Jenna smiled. “The plane won’t wait for us.”

“Sure, are you driving or?” Charlie asked.

“Yes,” Jenna nodded before they got in the car.

“Okay. But look wouldn’t it have been smoother to fly directly to Dallas instead of…”

“Charlie I need this vacation!” Jenna said in a tone of voice that Charlie knew better than to argue with. “Besides I did promise Lucas a road trip!”

“I remember,” Charlie sighed.

“Good, now let’s go,” Jenna started up the car.

“Yeah,” Lucas beamed, “on to the Autostrada!”

Jenna smiled and Charlie sighed as they drove off, leaving their Italian home behind them.
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
WOOHOO... GO ON Sue Ellen. I'm SO excited that she finally told Don where to stick it. I'm happy that JR pushed past his anger and see that Sue Ellen wouldn't have betrayed him like that (now anyway LOL) Now I hope it's totally game on for getting JR and Sue Ellen back together.
I thought it was really sweet of Sue Ellen to apologise to the family too and I LOVED Miss Ellie's toast at the end.
And even though it's evil to think it can the Wades please have some kind of accident on the way to Dallas LOL.
Run Ray Run.
Can't wait to see what happens next.
 

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Awesome updates Karin, I loved how Sue Ellen told Don off. She should divorce him wonder if he will stop the film before it reaches the States? I have a feeling it won't. I'm glad Sue Ellen is staying, I can't wait to see what happens next with them. It should be interesting to see what happens when Jenna and the kids arrive. Hope you update again soon.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback Honkytonkangel and Jessie. :)

Honkytonkangel, there will be no accident. But the reason they are on a roadtrip is so that they will arrive at Southfork way later than Donna and Margaret! ;)
Then as for JR/SE yes with Don out of the picture there's nothing stopping them from getting back together or is it?

Jessie, you'll find out in time if your guess about the movie being released in the US is right...

Also since this will be my last update before Christmas I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays! :14:

Oh and this graphic is like Rebecca on Christmas... :20: (spoiled rotten and excited) lol

Enough said here's the update:


Sue Ellen was having trouble sleeping. She looked at the alarm clock. Shit, it’s early, she sighed, since it was only 4.57 in the morning. Still being jetlagged she knew that it was impossible to try to sleep any longer. Since the time was already 11 a.m. in England her body was not in the slightest tired anymore. So Sue Ellen went up and walked over to the window where nothing but darkness greeted her. Right, Texas sunrises come later, she remembered and at that moment she really missed London where the sun would already have risen at this time. For a moment she pondered calling Don to have a serious conversation with him in private. But then she decided against it as a part of her really didn’t feel like starting the morning with having another argument with her husband. No why argue with Don when there are better things that I could be doing?

Sue Ellen smiled, as she remembered past mornings that she’d spent on the ranch. I always loved swimming in the pool first thing in the morning, or going out for a ride or skipping breakfast and making love with JR until… Sue Ellen stopped her train of thoughts as the memories that washed over her made her weak. Oh God help me. I haven’t even been here a day yet and I already remember things that are better left forgotten, Sue Ellen bit her lip as she tried to block out any good times with JR from her mind. I’m not here to make up with JR. I am here to spend some time with his family. JR just lives here. Sure we’ll bump into each other from time to time but not like that. Never again like that. I’m married to Don now, Sue Ellen reminded herself.

Knowing that it was pointless to try to sleep any longer Sue Ellen decided to go out riding before breakfast. After all there’s nothing like the morning air at Southfork. It’s always so refreshing and cool, unlike later in the day when it’s crazy hot. So why not make the most out of my first morning at the ranch? Sue Ellen smiled, as riding seemed like the perfect way to spend the morning. She therefore got dressed appropriately and pulled her hair back in a ponytail, as to not let the wind blow it into her face. Then she walked downstairs to grab a cup of tea and a sandwich before heading out. As she entered the kitchen she was surprised to find JR sitting there in his robe and slippers, drinking a glass of milk. He looked really sad and sleepy and the sight of him made her heart melt.

“JR,” Sue Ellen greeted him softly. Her voice startled him and he looked up. When their eyes meet, she suddenly felt a sense of déjà vu, as how many nights hadn’t she accidentally bumped into him in the kitchen when they’d had separate bedrooms. The only difference was that back then she’d always wished for closeness, for a touch from him, a look from him, a sign from him that he too wanted something more than what they had. Now she really didn’t look for anything from him. He was just there.

“Sue Ellen, you’re up early,” he replied, as he eyed her up and down. She was not wearing an ounce of makeup and was dressed casually in jeans, a pink shirt and cowboy boots and yet to him she's the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen.

“Yeah I can’t sleep so…”

“Then that makes two of us,” he replied.

“Well I know I’m jetlagged but what’s your reason?” She asked, as she filled up the water boiler and put it on.

“You really have to ask?”

“No, not really,” Sue Ellen sighed, as despite all the years they had spent apart, she still knew how to read him like an open book. He’s upset about the movie. She just knew it, just like she knew that the sun was about to rise in an hour or so. She had hoped that he might talk to her, but since he was obviously angry with her Sue Ellen proceeded with making herself a sandwich in silence. Feeling his eyes on her, watching her every move, she started to feel nervous. Not being able to stand the silence any longer she added, “I just thought that you’d might want to talk that’s all.”

JR glared at her and said annoyed, “Sue Ellen do I look like I want to talk?”

Looking into his blue eyes she felt a shock run through her. Even after all the years apart there was a certain sexual tension lingering in the air. “No,” she replied, before she had to look down. As the heat in his eyes were just too much for her to take. You look like you want to have angry make up sex. Sue Ellen knew that look too well. She had to turn away, as there was something about this whole situation that was making her feel uncomfortable. “But I’d still feel better if you’d talk to me,” she insisted, as she poured the tea water.

“Alright, have a seat,” JR motioned towards the chair next to his.

Sue Ellen hesitated for a moment before she sat down next to him. An uncomfortable silence lingered between them before she said, “JR I’m so sorry about the movie. I never intended for it to be released and…”

“I know,” he interrupted her.

“You do?” She asked before she looked up to search his eyes for the truth.

“Yeah you told me before, remember?”

“I guess I sort of did. I just thought that you might still be angry about it.”

“Well a part of me is angry, another part is hurt but…”

“I’m sorry I never wanted to hurt you.”

“Well coming from a woman who once shot me I find that a little bit hard to believe!”

Sue Ellen looked down in remorse. As no matter how badly JR had treated her over the years there was no denying the fact that what she did to him was even worse. “So do you want me to leave?” Sue Ellen asked. “I mean if me staying here is too weird for you now, just say the words and I’ll be on the next flight back to England.”

“Well I thought we went over this before. Mama and Bobby already told you that you could stay.”

“I know what they said. But I was wondering how you feel about it?”

“I don’t want you to leave,” JR told her sincerely. “I mean you and John Ross just got here and he’d be so disappointed if you left before he’d had a chance to spend some time together with both of us…”

“True,” Sue Ellen nodded, before they went silent for a while. “I guess if you really don’t want me to leave I could stay for a month as agreed.”

“And what would I have to do to convince you to stay longer than that?”

“Excuse me?” Sue Ellen asked, as she wondered if she’d really heard him right.

“I just mean that don’t you ever miss Texas?”

“Well sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t…”

“So you’re happy then?”

“What?” Sue Ellen was thrown by the question, as that so wasn’t what she had expected him to say.

“I mean are you happy living in England?” JR clarified for her.

“Yeah sure,” Sue Ellen lied. “Why do you ask?”

“Oh no particular reason, it’s just from the way you were talking to Don over the phone earlier, I got the feeling that something wasn’t right between the two of you…”

“All couples argue JR. It really was nothing.”

“It didn’t sound like nothing to me,” JR pointed out. “I mean most happily married couples don’t talk about divorce.”

There was something in JR’s voice that really got to her. She knew that there was a grain of truth in his statement. Yet she did her best to deny it, “I’m sorry to disappoint you JR. But I have no intention of divorcing Don.”

“But why did you tell him that then?”

“Because I was mad at him for releasing the movie behind my back.”

“Yeah that was really rotten. I can see why that would make you pissed. I sure am.”

“Well I am too but just because I am angry and disappointed it doesn’t mean that I will divorce him,” Sue Ellen said seriously, before adding sarcastically. “Heck if I’d divorced you every time I threatened to do so we’d been divorced thirty times over!”

“Well for you to divorce me thirty times that would have to mean you would have to marry me thirty times over too,” JR laughed.

Realizing how that had sounded Sue Ellen couldn’t help but smile, “God help me, twice is more than enough.”

“Oh I don’t know about that, it seems like the third time’s the charm in our family,” JR flirted with her.

“JR!”

“Oh I’m just saying that it worked out for Gary & Valene and now Lucy & Mitch…”

“That’s true but you’re forgetting about the fact that I’m already married.”

“Oh I know that and so was I.”

“That’s right, so whatever happened between you and Cally?”

“You happened, that’s what.”

“I am not sure I understand…”

“Let’s just chalk it up to incompatibility, let’s face it, I wouldn’t have married that country girl if it hadn’t been for your meddling anyway.”

“Probably true,” Sue Ellen laughed. “Still when I left you seemed happy with her…”

“For a while I was…then things fell apart, we reconciled, she got pregnant and…” JR’s words got to her more than she’d like. JR and Cally had a baby? The thought of the other woman having JR’s child made her feel momentarily sick. However knowing JR and how important children were to him she just couldn’t see Cally leaving him with his child.

“Wait a minute, are you telling me that she had a miscarriage?” Sue Ellen was grasping at straws.

“No she had a son.”

“That’s strange John Ross never mentioned anything about a little brother.”

“That’s because John Ross doesn’t know about it,” JR revealed. “So I’d appreciate it, if you won’t tell him.”

“Okay I won’t,” Sue Ellen promised, even though she really didn’t get it. “But why isn’t you a part of your son’s life?”

“Because Cally told me it was James’ baby,” JR sighed. “It wasn’t until after she’d already left that James told me the truth.”

“And you went after her?”

“I did,” JR nodded. “Found her in Florida. But then she had already found a new man and watching them with the baby I just realized that they didn’t need me in their lives. So I did the noble thing and left them alone,” JR confided in her.

Seeing the pain in his eyes Sue Ellen could feel her defenses breaking down. He really has changed, as the old JR Ewing would never have let go of a son. Sue Ellen realized, before she gently lifted her hand and touched his face. “You did the right thing,” she said softly, as she strokes back a piece of his hair from his face. She then leant forward and for a moment he wondered if she was going to kiss him, since he could see the love and compassion in her eyes. Yet she settled for giving him a kiss on the cheek. Then she pulled back and distanced herself from him, almost like if she was running scared by this moment of closeness. “I’d better go out riding now or I’m gonna miss the sunrise,” Sue Ellen excused herself, as she picked up the tea cup and left the table.

“So that’s where you’re going?”

“Yes I’ve always loved the sunrise at Southfork,” Sue Ellen replied, as she placed the empty tea cup in the sink.

“Riding sounds lovely, do you want some company?” JR’s question threw her. “Since I could change in five minutes if you’d want me to go with you…”

Sue Ellen turned around, “You on a horse?” She asked in disbelief before she cracked up laughing.

“What’s so funny, I do know how to ride”

“I know it’s just that…” Sue Ellen paused, as she couldn’t even find the words to describe what she was feeling at the moment. When they were married she would have given anything for JR to go with her. Still now she felt like she was in a place where her whole world had been turned upside down and she knew that if she wasn’t careful JR was going to find a way to get back into her bed and she just couldn’t allow that to happen. Not again. So Sue Ellen sadly shook her head. “No I think I need to be alone for a while.”

“Oh,” JR sounded truly disappointed.

“To clear my head,” Sue Ellen elaborated. “There’s been a lot to take in at once.”

“I understand,” JR nodded. “You’re not upset about what I told you about Cally?”

“No,” Sue Ellen lied. “Why should I be?”

“Oh I don’t know, for a long time you were the only woman to have given me a child.”

“Well that was a long time ago.”

“It was, but for what it’s worth, I want you to know that of all my children John Ross is the one who’s closest to my heart,” JR said sincerely.

Sue Ellen smiled at that, “I’m glad to hear that, since you mean the world to John Ross too.”

“Well I guess I shouldn’t be holding you up any longer or you’ll miss the sunrise,” he smiled back.

“You’re right, I’d better get going,” Sue Ellen replied, as she reluctantly walked towards the door. Just when she got there she turned around and said, “So I’ll see you at breakfast.”

“Yeah,” JR nodded.

“Also maybe the next time you could go with me?”

“You know I’d like that,” JR smiled and as he watched Sue Ellen leave he couldn’t help but feeling better about things. That woman has a way of listening like no other, she understands me better than anyone else. JR knew it was true. Sue Ellen might not be his wife anymore and yet in some ways they were still as close as they had ever been. Since she was still the only woman he really could confide in and he had really missed that. No I’ve missed her. JR corrected himself mentally since he knew that the fight for Sue Ellen was far from over. She might be Lockwood’s wife at the moment but as long as the Brit stayed away he had a chance to get to her and JR intended to do whatever it took to make damn sure that Sue Ellen never left again.
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Yay for Jet Lag LOL. Cool to see them talking, even though things are still very unsettled between them it's SOOO obvious that their connection is still there.
Go on JR fight for your woman and again Sue Ellen 'dump the arsehole'
Merry Christmas.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you everyone for the feedback of our story. :)

Sanda, thank you for the holiday wishes. Ok so Christmas is over which means the wait is over...you'll soon find out what will happen next...

Honkytonkangel, thank you for the holiday wishes as well. :)
Yeah there's definitely still a connection between JR/SE even if things are like you point out very unsettled at the time being...

Miss Texas 1967, I'm glad you're still keeping up with this story despite being busy and that you love the JR/SE bits. :)
Of course to fully understand what's going on you will need to keep up with the other characters too.

Crazy about SE and JR, I had a feeling you would.

Alexia, thank you for joining us and for letting me know that you love the JR/SE scenes. I'm glad that you do.

So well now it's time for another update and it's not JR/SE but their son:


John Ross woke up a couple of hours later. He sighed when he noticed that the time was only 8.45 a.m. as he hated to rise early in the morning. But since he was also jetlagged he was having trouble sleeping this morning. Therefore he decided to get up anyway. John Ross then walked across the hallway to check if his cousin Christopher was awake too. He was in luck, because when he entered Christopher’s room he found his cousin sitting on the bed, looking at an old picture in a broken frame. “Hey man, aren’t you coming down for breakfast?”

“In a minute John Ross,” Christopher hurried to put away the photo.

“What do you got there?” John Ross asked, as he walked into his cousin’s room and sat down on his bed.

“Oh nothing, just an old photo,” Christopher shrugged his shoulders.

“Can I see it?” John Ross asked and Christopher hesitated for a moment. “Come on Christopher, it’s me John Ross, I promise not to tease you about your latest crush,” John Ross said jokingly.

Christopher managed a smile, “It’s not that kind of photo,” he said before he handed it over to John Ross.

John Ross looked down and saw a photo of Bobby, Pam and Christopher sitting outdoors by the pool. The photo was taken shortly before Pam disappeared. “Oh I see,” John Ross handed the photo back to Christopher. “I guess it must be kind of strange for you to have your mom back, huh?”

“Yeah it really is,” Christopher nodded. “Isn’t it strange for you too?”

“What do you mean?” John Ross asked. “My mama didn’t abandon me.”

“I know, what I meant was doesn’t it feel strange to have both your parents around at the same time?”

“Oh that, yes it does,” John Ross said. “It’s like it’s too good to last so I am kind of just waiting for the moment when they will get into an argument and mom will decide to go back to England again.” Christopher nodded and John Ross went on. “So how do you feel about having your parents back together again?”

“My parents are not together.”

“No not yet anyway…but I’m willing to bet you fifty bucks on that they will be again. I mean they always seemed happier together than my parents.”

“That’s true,” Christopher said with a half-smile.

“What’s the matter don’t you want them to get back together again?”

“Yes…I mean…I don’t know. I guess it’s just all a little strange to see them together.”

“I feel the same about my parents.”

“Also having mom back make me confused. Because for so many years it has been only daddy and me and now all of a sudden mom’s back in our lives again…but yeah I guess I do want them to get back together again. Only thing is that even if they’ll do, I am not sure I dare to hope that it’s for good this time.”

“You’re afraid she’s gonna leave you again?”

Christopher nodded, “Yes the last time they got remarried I was so happy and it didn’t even last a year…and not only did she divorce daddy, she divorced me too,” Christopher sighed heavily. “Then there’s her.”

“Who do you mean?”

“Rebecca…my new little sister.”

“Oh yeah her, I can understand how you feel.”

“No you can’t. Your mom never left you to raise another child.”

“No but I know what it’s like to think you’re an only child when suddenly a sibling pops up out of nowhere and steals all of your dad’s attention…”

“Oh you mean James?”

“Yes James,” John Ross nodded. “But at least James’ a brother…I don’t know how I’d feel about a little sister.”

“Well Lucas’ my brother, even though I haven’t seen him since he was a baby.”

“My point exactly, what’s the point with having brothers when you don’t get to grow up with them?”

“I agree,” Christopher nodded before he said. “You know John Ross in some ways you’ve been more like a brother to me than he’s ever been.”

“Thanks, you’re more like my brother than James ever been too,” John Ross smiled and put his arm around Christopher’s shoulders.

Christopher’s face lit up, “Really?”

“Really and I can’t tell you how happy I am to be back at Southfork. I mean England’s such a rainy country and Don’s driving me nuts!”

“I’m glad that you’re back too,” Christopher smiled. “But is it really for good?”

“Of course it’s for good.”

“So you won’t go back to England with your mom if she decides to go?”

“I don’t know, but you heard her on the phone?”

“Yes she threatened to divorce Don.”

“Exactly and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she’ll go through with it since we belong here in Dallas my Mama and me.”

“You sure do.”

“So now what do you say about heading down for some breakfast?” John Ross asked as he got up from the bed. “I am starving.”

“Oh me too, some egg and toasts would sit fine just about now,” Christopher said, as he too got up from the bed.

“You still like to eat that for breakfast?” John Ross asked.

“Yes,” Christopher smiled, as the boys left the room and headed downstairs together.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. I hadn't really thought about that they were talking about anybody behind their backs. I thought they were just confiding in each other about their family situation and bonding a little. But I guess it can be perceived as talking behind their parents backs...

Oh well here's another update:



Bobby, Pam and Rebecca were roller skating indoors at a court, going round and round. Rebecca was happily skating around faster than her parents who were holding onto each other as they skated. Pam was having a bit of trouble holding her balance, so she was depending on Bobby to stand on her feet. “Bobby not so fast.”

“What’s the matter?” Bobby asked teasingly. “Can’t keep your balance?”

“Sure I can but not when you’re going this fast!”

“This is not fast. I think that older couple over there just passed us by!” Bobby pointed towards another couple.

“Bobby that older couple is about the same age as we are!” Pam laughed.

Bobby laughed too, “You’re right.”

“I swear I don’t know how you talked me into this!”

“Me?” Bobby asked innocently. “You were the one who suggested roller skating, you said Rebecca loves it.”

“She does, it’s just that normally when she goes we stand on the sideline watching her. We don’t actually go skating with her!”

Bobby raised an eyebrow, “We?”

“Yeah Angela’s mother and I,” Pam clarified.

“Who’s Angela?”

“Rebecca’s best friend.”

“I see,” Bobby nodded. “So you’re meaning to tell me that you normally don’t go roller skating?”

“Exactly,” Pam laughed. “But I guess you and Christopher go roller skating a lot?”

“We did a couple of years ago.”

“But not now?”

“No, not lately,” Bobby confirmed.

“Oh,” Pam said disappointed.

“You’re still bummed he didn’t come with us aren’t you?” Bobby saw right through her.

“Yeah, I was hoping we’d get to spend some quality time together as a family today.”

“It would have been nice.”

“It hurts that he’d rather spend time with his uncle JR than with us!”

“That’s not what it’s about,” Bobby shook his head. “He wanted to spend the day with John Ross. The boys haven’t seen each other in almost a year!”

“Yeah but I’ve missed almost eight years of Christopher’s life. We have a lot of lost time to make up for!”

“I know,” Bobby said sadly. “We all do.”

“We do,” Pam said wistfully. “You know if I could turn back the time I would but…”

“We can’t go back, we can only go forward…”

“Yeah one day at the time…” Pam nodded. “So what are we doing tomorrow?”

“Well tomorrow’s Monday…”

“So you’re working,” Pam sighed.

“No,” Bobby shook his head. “Tomorrow I thought we’d spend some quality time together as a family!”

Pam smiled, “Really?”

“Yeah, does that make you happy?”

“Very,” Pam beamed, “but what about your work?”

“Work can wait,” Bobby shrugged his shoulders. “Right now I’d rather spend time with you and the kids.”

“Oh Bobby me too, there’s nothing else I’d rather do.”

“Good then it’s a date,” Bobby smiled at her.

“It’s a date,” Pam smiled back.
 

Toni

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
24
Thanks Sanda. I had a feeling you would enjoy the Bobby & Pam part of the story too. :)

Here's another update:


Pamela Barnes Ewing felt like a deer caught in headlights. She’d never expected to be confronted with her old life like this and now when she was, she was in shock. Her legs felt weak and if he hadn’t been holding her she might have fainted. Staring at Bobby like if she’d seen a ghost she could feel her heart starting to beat faster, as a wave of conflicting emotions washed over her. She was happy, she was excited and she was nervous and terrified all at the same time. Sure she’d often dreamt about Bobby and Christopher and what could have been, if only that accident hadn’t changed her life. She now knew that she’d made a terrible mistake when she’d left them and there were times when she’d thought about returning home to Southfork again. Yet she’d never had the nerve to since she still loved Bobby and Christopher with all her heart and she was afraid of returning only to find out that they had moved on. She knew it would hurt her deeply if her son had forgotten all about her. Because of the way she’d left them she was also scared of what Bobby’s reaction might be. She was afraid that he wouldn’t listen to her, wouldn’t believe her and wouldn’t love her anymore.

Pam didn’t deal well with rejection, having been abandoned by her mother as a young child had left her feeling insecure and unsure if she really deserved to be loved. She’d grown up with a drunk for a father and her older brother Cliff as her only ally and it had forced her to become strong. When she’d met Bobby she’d been independent, tough and smart. The years she’d spent together with him had softened her, as she no longer needed to be strong when she had him to lean on. For the first time in her life she’d felt truly loved, safe and happy. Yet being a wife and a mother wasn’t enough for her. She also needed a career to feel totally fulfilled and after trying out her hand working at the store and running an aerobic place she’d gotten into the oil business working together with her brother Cliff. She’d been a woman in a man’s world and she’d used her charm and her beauty to land many profitable deals. Yet she’d never mixed business with pleasure, as she had more self-respect than that. Besides she loved Bobby so she wouldn’t cheat on him. Sometimes she felt like she wasn’t good enough for him. Yet through all the crap she’d put him through he had stood by her and loved her all the same. They had been so happy then and yet after the accident that almost took her life she’d thrown it all away without ever looking back.

Knowing the pain her mother had caused her and knowing that she’d done the same to her own son, made her feel guilty and Pam hated feeling like this. So she had done the only sane thing she could do. She had burnt the bridges to her past and moved on, creating a new life for herself here in Los Angles. Her new life wasn’t perfect but there was someone in her life that brought her happiness and up until now she’d thought that was enough. Now standing there before the man she still loved desperately, she knew that she’d been wrong, as a part of her had been missing all these years.

Bobby stared as in hypnosis at the woman who was standing before him and he found himself stunned by how beautiful she still was. Her hair was dark brown and quite long, with a bang, framing her face nicely. After the accident she had been burnt to an unrecognizable package, and now she still looked so much like herself that it became obvious to him that those plastic surgeons sure knew what they had been doing when they had restored her face. It had been almost 8 years since she’d escaped from the hospital and left him and their son Christopher. She had been his wife and the love of his life and yet he hadn’t thought about her in weeks, as time had made him accept the fact that she had divorced him and that he’d never get to see her again. Then just like lightning from a clear blue sky there she suddenly was.

“Pam?” Bobby’s voice sounded raspy with emotions, as her name came over his lips. “It’s you Pam! It’s really you!” he then added in excitement, as he just couldn’t believe it.

“Yes Bobby, it’s me!” Pam whispered emotionally, as she felt her heart skipping beats. Seeing Bobby standing there right before her, she felt like she’d moved back in time. Looking into his hazel brown eyes that were looking at her in amazement, she once again wondered where in the world she’d ever found the strength to leave him in the first place.

“Oh Pam, I...” Bobby spontaneously hugged her tightly in pure joy of seeing her. Being in his embrace again felt so good and they both had tears in their eyes when they finally let go. “Um...I’m sorry...didn’t mean to just um...hug you like that...” he then mumbled, as the shock of seeing her started to wear off and he started to feel a bit weird about the whole thing.

“No it’s okay...it is good to see you too,” Pam smiled reassuringly.

Her smile put Bobby at ease, “It really is, especially since I never thought that I’d ever see you again...and well here you are, alive and well...” Bobby said, as he eyed her up and down.

“Yeah it really has been some years since the last time I saw you at the hospital and even then things were never the same...” Pam had to blink back some tears, as she once again came to think of the hard time after her accident. Leaving him and their 6-year-old son behind had been the hardest thing she’d ever done in her life and thinking about it now made her wonder again if it even had been the right decision. “How’s Christopher?”

“He’s...just fine,” Bobby replied, a bit surprised by the question, even though he shouldn’t be, as Pam had always been concerned about their son in the past. “He’s at home at Southfork...”

“Oh yeah, and how’s everything at Southfork now-days?”

“Good actually, Mama and Clayton will return from their vacation to the Caribbean in the next couple of days and well I’m not sure where Lucy is at the moment. She’s at another one of her vacations and lord knows when she’ll be back. ”

“I didn’t know that Lucy likes to travel.”

“Well she does,” Bobby smiled. “And so does Mama and Clayton!”

Pam raised an eyebrow in surprise, “Really?”

“Yeah in the last couple of years they’ve been travelling all over the world on different cruises and such, so most of the times it’s just been me, JR and Christopher at Southfork.”

“Oh and John Ross?” Pam wondered.

“He’s over in England...” Bobby explained and seeing the surprise on Pam’s face he went on. “Sue Ellen divorced JR and married an Englishman.”

“Ah okay, I guess that’s to be expected, I mean she ought to have a medal for putting up with him as long as she did...”

“Maybe...” Bobby agreed before he went on. “Anyway how are you?”

“Actually I’m fine...which might be a surprise considering how I was when I left. But the doctors say that I’ve made a complete recovery.”

“That’s good,” Bobby nodded.

“It is...” Pam agreed.

Bobby threw a glance at his watch only to notice that he was even later for his meeting. Only weird thing was that all of a sudden it didn’t seem that important anymore, “Anyway, I’m on my way to a business meeting but if you’d like, maybe I could cancel it and buy you a drink instead?” Bobby suggested, as he really didn’t want to let Pam out of his sight again now when he’d finally found her.

“I’d like that very much,” Pam agreed to his relief. She then added with a smile, “I think you and I have a lot of things to talk about.”

“Yes I believe we do. Eight years is a lot of years to catch up on,” Bobby said and Pam nodded in agreement before they walked away with their arms firmly wrapped around each other’s backs. It was almost like old times and yet so much had changed since then...
:dance1::spinning::fondle: :kiss:
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback everyone. :)

Silvie, I'm glad that you're still enjoying this story. :)

Toni, I take it that you love that Pam came back, huh?
She's a big part of this story. So I hope you will enjoy reading it. :)

Then now it's time for another update:


JR, Sue Ellen, John Ross and Christopher were visiting the Dallas Fort Worth Adventure Park. They were running around among the trees, bushes, bunkers and trenches dressed in military clothes and wore masks for their heads. They were armed with paintball guns as they were in the middle of a game of paintball where JR & John Ross were competing against Sue Ellen and Christopher. Sue Ellen was laying in a trench, keeping guard as Christopher was running towards the little red flag at the end of the track. Whoever caught the flag would win the game. Watching Christopher run Sue Ellen yelled, “Run Christopher, run, you almost got it!”

However her scream was drawing attention to Christopher and in the next second John Ross managed to hit him in the stomach, the red paint splashed all over him and it looked nasty. Sue Ellen shivered as she wondered, why do boys always have to play war?

“Stop screaming Aunt Sue Ellen, you’re totally blowing my cover!” Christopher complained, as he turned in her direction.

“Sorry,” Sue Ellen screamed back. This so wasn’t how she had planned to spend her afternoon, but when John Ross and Christopher had begged her to come along when Bobby opted out in favor of spending time with Pam and Rebecca Sue Ellen hadn’t found it in her heart to say no. So here she was now laying in the mud, longing for a hot bubble bath. Sue Ellen then noticed John Ross running for the red flag. She was just about to scream out to warn Christopher when she could feel something warm and sticky run down her back. Turning around she could see JR standing there at the top of the trench, his paintball gun pointed towards her. “JR!” Sue Ellen yelled angrily. “How dare you sneak up on me like that?”

JR laughed, “What don’t you like when I am chasing you?”

“Not when it involves me getting shot at!” Sue Ellen replied angrily.

“Don’t worry darling, it’s all just a part of the game!”

“Well that might be but did you really have to shot that slimy goo into my hair?” Sue Ellen questioned, as she walked up towards him.

“What don’t you like your new hair color darling?” JR said teasingly. “You know greens always been my favorite color!”

“Well for your sake I hope this washes out, just look at me, I’m a mess!”

“I still think you’re a hot mess,” JR grinned at her.

“JR!” Sue Ellen hits JR playfully on the arm.

“No seriously Sue Ellen, the way you’re playing with me and the boys, it really impresses me!” JR elaborated.

“Thanks JR,” Sue Ellen replied. “I can’t say this is my thing, but I do think it’s good for John Ross to spend some time with the both of us.”

“It definitely is, I’m so glad that you decided to come along this afternoon,” he smiled.

“I’m glad that John Ross is glad,” she smiled back.

“Good then you’re gonna be very glad when…”

JR was interrupted by John Ross who yelled happily, “Yeah we won!” John Ross waved the little red flag.

“Way to go John Ross!” JR called out, as he and Sue Ellen walked up to them.

“Did you see that daddy?” John Ross beamed. “We totally outsmarted Christopher!”

“Sure did,” JR grinned, as he put his arm around John Ross shoulders. “Great work son I’m proud of you!” JR smiled as he gave John Ross a pat in the back.

“Thanks dad,” John Ross grinned “Great work yourself. I couldn’t have done it if you hadn’t distracted mama.”

Sue Ellen’s eyes narrowed, “Oh so that was your plan huh?”

“Sure was,” John Ross grinned and looking at father and son standing there with their arms around each other Sue Ellen was reminded of just how much like JR her son could be. But despite this it made her happy to see them together as she was glad that they had reconnected so well.

Sue Ellen then took a look at the dripping green paint that was stuck in her ponytail. I’m a mess, Sue Ellen reflected. But maybe it’s worth it as I haven’t seen John Ross this happy in months. Sue Ellen sighed, since she couldn’t wait to get into the bathtub. Then she said, “Oh well, I should have known you’d play dirty!”

“I’m sorry Mama, but we only did what we had to do to win,” John Ross said.

“Yeah there’s winners and there’s losers in this life and I’m sure as hell not gonna be a loser,” JR gave her his shit eating grin.

“Yeah winning’s all that counts,” John Ross agreed.

“No having fun is what counts,” Sue Ellen countered.

“And losing ain’t fun,” Christopher sighed.

“I’m sorry Christopher, but I’m new at this so…” Sue Ellen started to apologize.

“Don’t worry Aunt Sue Ellen, I’m sure we’ll get them on the next round,” Christopher offered.

Sue Ellen looked horrified at the idea of playing more, “Next round?”

“Yeah Mama we’re doing six different tracks, didn’t I tell you that?” John Ross grinned.

“No,” Sue Ellen shook her head, as she cursed silently to herself, Damn there’s five more games, what the hell have I gotten myself into? Since she just knew that it was going to be a long afternoon…
 
Top