Dallas in the 90's

K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Crazy about SE and JR. Yes it's coming soon. Just one short update and then it's the first JR/SE scene. :cool1

Silvie, I'm glad you enjoyed the latest update. :)



Back on the airplane Lucy yawned before she slowly opened up her eyes. Then she smiled, as the first person she saw was Mitch. Knowing that he was her husband again made her feel all warm and happy inside.

“So it’s time to wake up now, sleepyhead?” Mitch told his wife jokingly. “I didn’t know that you’ve gotten so old that you take afternoon naps.”

“Oh shut it. I have to sleep sometime and you know as well as I do that we didn’t get any sleep at all last night.”

“I know, still it was some honeymoon, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah sure was, the best one so far,” Lucy smiled and the two of them exchanged a short kiss before Lucy said, “So how long until we’ll land in Dallas?”

“Oh a couple of hours,” Mitch replied.

“So do you think we should call Uncle Bobby and warn him we’re coming?”

“No, let’s surprise them on our way to the hotel,” Mitch smiled.

“I like the way you’re thinking honey and I’m sure they’ll be surprised alright,” Lucy smiled. “I mean who could have guessed that we’d run into each other in Australia of all places.”

“Yes it’s funny that your vacation and my medicine conference brought us there at the same time…”

“I know.”

“And then that we’d end up on the same hotel also…”

“Well let’s just call it fate,” Lucy smiled ingeniously.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great updates Karin! :) I love this story so much and I am looking forward to JR, Sue Ellen, and John Ross's reunion. :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you Sanda. :)

Okay so it's time for the moment some of you have been waiting for... ;)
Here's another update. I hope it lives up to your expectations!



Over at Dallas Fort Worth Airport in terminal D have Sue Ellen and John Ross had time to pass through customs, collect their luggage and had a light meal before JR finally spotted them sitting over at a restaurant, waiting for him. Watching them from a distance JR stood back for a moment just taking in the sight of them, as he could feel himself getting all warm inside. My son, and he’s almost all grown up, JR grinned, as he watched the sixteen year old boy who sat forking down his pancakes with syrup with a good appetite. But why does he wear his hair that long? JR frowned, as he noticed that John Ross’ brown hair was cut in a hockey hair-do with shorter hair in front and taller hair in the back. JR however didn’t approve of the fact that his son’s hair was almost as tall as a girls’ in the back of his neck. And what’s up with those clothes? JR puckered his brows as his son was wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a very colorful green, red, purple and orange pattern. Although the clothes were quite alright for someone of John Ross’ age to be wearing they weren’t exactly appropriate for a Ewing heir to be dressed in.

Glancing over towards John Ross’ Mama however JR’s facial expression quickly brightened, as Sue Ellen was as lovely to look at as ever. Her hair was dyed blonde and reached her a little over her shoulders and she was wearing high heels. She was dressed in a red skirt with a matching suit jacket and a black top under, which gave her a very feminine and elegant look. Just like JR liked to see her. Ah I must have been a fool to ever let that woman get away from me, JR reflected, as he took a good look at Sue Ellen’s long legs before he approached them.

Suddenly Sue Ellen looked up, almost like she could feel his eyes upon her. Seeing JR approach her she could feel her heart skip a beat and it was silly, since they were ex’s and he shouldn’t have that kind of effect on her. Yet it was something special about that man so all it took was just one look at him and she felt like she was transported back in time. Of course he looked older now than she remembered him, his hair was greyer, he was slimmer and he didn’t look as intimidating anymore, as age had softened him some. Yet his devious smile was still the same and she remembered how she used to love that smile back in the days. He looks good, better than I remember him even… Sue Ellen reflected, as she could see him walking up to them, wearing his trademark Stetson hat, cowboy boots, a dark blue suit and a red and blue tie.

“Hey there you are! I’ve been looking all over the arrival area for you,” JR greeted them.

“Dad!” John Ross was quick on his feet and rushed over to give his dad a big hug.

“John Ross! It’s great to see ya son,” JR reciprocated the embrace and held on to his son tightly for a quite long time, as father and son hadn’t seen each other for far too long. Sue Ellen couldn’t even disguise her smile, as she watched the joyous reunion between father and son. He always was a great father, she reflected, as a pang of guilt hits her. She shouldn’t feel that way really since it wasn’t like she tried to keep their son away from his father on purpose. It was John Ross himself who had chosen to live with her over JR and for that she was grateful. I don’t know what I’d do if he decides to move back to Southfork for good now though… Sue Ellen pondered, as her gut feeling told her that this wasn’t just an ordinary visit from John Ross’ side. No there was a very big risk that she might have to return to England without him next month and the thought saddened her. Yet she didn’t have that much time to reflect upon it, as JR turned his attention to her. “Sue Ellen,” he greeted her as she stood up.

“JR,” she replied politely before their eyes met. When his blue eyes pierced through her hazel eyes Sue Ellen shivered from the way he looked at her. It felt like time had stood still and seeing the affection and even admiration in his eyes she momentarily forgot that he was not her man anymore. Standing there face to face, just looking at each other after so long felt almost magical. Then he leant forward and for a moment she wondered if he was going to kiss her, as there was a lot of old feelings lingering in the air between them. But he just settled for a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “I’m so glad that you decided to come with John Ross for a visit…” he then grinned at her.

“I’m glad too, I never thought that I’d say it but it’s good to see you again,” Sue Ellen replied honestly.

“Thank you darlin’ you too,” JR grinned. “I like your new hair color. Looks good on you,” he then added.

Sue Ellen smiled back, “Thanks JR, I wasn’t sure you’d notice.”

“Well of course I do. So what do you say, should we get back to the ranch now?”

“Sounds good to me,” Sue Ellen agreed.

“Yeah I can’t wait to meet everyone again,” John Ross beamed.

“That’s my boy,” JR smiled. “It sure feels good to have you back,” he told John Ross before he offered to carry one of Sue Ellen’s suitcases for her. Then as the three of them left the airport together JR silently vowed to do everything in his power to make sure that Sue Ellen and John Ross would like it so much at Southfork that they’d never want to leave again…
 

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
Thank you for the feedback. :)

Steve, I'm glad you're reading my story too now and that you think it's a good follow up to original Dallas. I take it as a big compliment coming from you. :)
Your Dallas 2018 story is a really good follow up to Dallas TNT too. You've done a good job at cleaning up the mess Cidre left us with in that one...
I really loved "JR Returns" but not "War of the Ewings" so yes me too wish this could have happened instead...

Sanda, you'll find out how Afton will react soon, but first we have the second half of the family dinner...



Back at Southfork, half an hour later had Pam and Bobby finally started to reach the end of their story about how they’d met again. Pam said, “And then after we’d decided that we were all gonna come back here for a visit I brought Bobby over to my place so that he could get to meet Rebecca…”

“Yeah you should have seen her when we got there, she was out in the backyard swinging away and when she came over to me and hugged me and looked up at me with those little hazel eyes I just knew that she had to be mine,” Bobby said emotionally.

Miss Ellie discretely wiped away a tear from her eye, “Ah this is just too much. I’m so happy for you both. I know how long you’ve always wanted another child and…” Miss Ellie took one good look at Rebecca. “I’m overwhelmed, I mean to come home and find another grandchild is not something you’d do every day and…”

“But Mama!” JR interrupted his mother. “You come home and find a new grandchild and you’ll take one look at the kid and you believe it?” JR asked. “Isn’t that a little gullible?”

“JR, I don’t understand the accusation,” Miss Ellie tried to overlook what her son was implying.

“What I meant was how can we be sure that child really is Bobby & Pam’s daughter?” JR asked. “For all we know Pam could have just taken the first best kid off a street and…”

“Watch it JR!” Bobby stood up angrily.

“Oops! Looks like I just stepped all over baby-brother’s toes. Why is that Bobby?” JR mocked his little brother. “Is it because deep down you know that I can be right?”

“JR you’d better watch your damn mouth, as I am damn tired of all your wisecrack…”

“It’s not wisecrack! I am just saying the truth and you can’t blame me for being suspicious, since with that Barnes woman’s track record…even if the child happens to be hers. Who’s to say that it’s yours?” JR challenged Bobby. “Remember how she carried on with that Mark Graison even before you were divorced I bet she hasn’t exactly lived like a nun when you were apart this time either and…”

Bobby had finally had enough and grabbed JR’s shirt collar, “You shut your bloody mouth! You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about!” Bobby hissed, as hearing JR mentioning Pam with other men made him see red. He was just beyond himself with anger and jealousy.

Seeing the hateful look in Bobby’s eyes even JR knew that he had overstepped the line. “Let go of me Bob! I was just…”

“No not until you’ll get what you deserve!” Bobby yelled.

He was just about to hit JR when Miss Ellie yelled, “Stop it!”

Their mother’s scream didn’t stop Bobby, but it did give JR enough time to dodge his brother’s punch and weasel himself out of Bobby’s grip. Furious with him Bobby quickly grabbed his arm and was just about to launch another punch when Clayton and Ray pulled them away from each other, “Now take it easy boys,” Clayton told them to cool it.

“But JR said…” Bobby protested.

“I know what he said but your mother has just returned from her vacation and she deserves better than to have the two of you at each other’s throats on our first family dinner together in ages,” Clayton said.

The boys exchanged a look before turning their attention to their mother. “Sorry mama,” JR apologized.

“Yeah I’m sorry too,” Bobby also apologized.

“Good, then why don’t we sit down and finish our dinner?” Miss Ellie suggested before going on, “and JR you’ll better keep your snide remarks to yourself from now on and if you have to speak up. Choose your timing, since it’s really bad taste to attack someone like you did Pam, in front of her children…” Miss Ellie lectured her son.

JR hung his head low, knowing that he was beaten. “Yes Mama…I’m sorry Christopher that you had to see that…” JR then apologized to his nephew. But on purpose he didn’t say a word to Rebecca and no one wanted to force him to. Rebecca however crossed her arms in front of her chest and quickly made up her mind that her uncle JR was just as bad news as her mom had always told her and one day she was going to make him pay for it…

Thank you for the complement. I like JR returns now that you mention it. It was as good as seasons 1-7 but I liked it.

A dream come true would be some one to say to me to take a leave of absence from my job and join our writing team we're bringing back Dallas for one more try.

And thank you for your story. It's been a fun ride. Wish they would have hired you on at season 8 or at least a spin off in 91.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you everyone for the feedback. :)

Crazy about SE and JR, I'm glad the update lived up to the hype. :)
Lots more of them to come...

Sanda, I'm glad you thought it was perfect. :)

A dream come true would be some one to say to me to take a leave of absence from my job and join our writing team we're bringing back Dallas for one more try.

And thank you for your story. It's been a fun ride. Wish they would have hired you on at season 8 or at least a spin off in 91.

Aww, thank you for that compliment as well. But I would have been way too young to work on the orignal Dallas. In fact when they filmed season 8 I was about 5 years old and didn't know a word of English or even how to write! ;)

But yeah I can relate to what you are saying about how it would have been a dream to work for the new Dallas...

Anyway I'm glad that you've enjoyed this story. Even though I can't take all the credits for it as I do co-write it with my sister.

I'll post the update in the next post.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
The sun was about to set over the La Spézia bay. At the Krebbs villa’s the rays of the sun were reflecting in the water of the big pool and the palm trees were slowly waving in the cool evening breeze. Jenna was standing by the pool, looking at the fantastic view of the bay. She was dressed in a fashionable white summers dress with a pattern of roses. A troubled expression graced her face. Suddenly a blue sports car with 3 people in their 20’s pulled up at the driveway. Charlie got out of the car. She was dressed in a yellow summer dress and flip-flops. Paulo also stepped out of the car and took out Charlie’s bag from the trunk.

“Grazie Paulo,” Charlie said in Italian.

“Prego,” Paulo answered before he went on in Italian. “Do you want me to carry it in for you?”

Charlie laughed, “No thanks I’ll manage,” Charlie then turned to Stephanie who had now stepped out of the car and said, “Gosh I’d forgot how these Italian men never lets you carry anything!”

“Well that’s what you get for spending four years in the USA,” Stephanie said and then she looked a bit sad. “I wish you didn’t have to go back again.”

“I know but Randy is there and…” Charlie said in a voice that made it obvious to everyone that she was missing her boyfriend.

“It sucks that he couldn’t come with us for the vacation,” Paulo said. “Capri wasn’t the same without him.”

“Tell me about it,” Charlie sighed. “Anyway the trip was great fun you guys. We should do it again next year, with Randy!”

“Absolutely, call me,” Stephanie called out and Charlie nodded before they put their hands on each other’s shoulders. Then they bid farewell by kissing each other’s cheeks in the typical Mediterranean way. Then Charlie did the same with Paulo before the Italian couple got back into the car and drove away.

Charlie called after them, “Arrivederci Stephanie e Paulo.”

“Arrivederci Charlie!” As the car disappeared Charlie took up her bag and walked towards the house. As she was about to walk up the stairs to the front door she spotted Jenna standing over by the pool.

“Hi Mom,” Charlie called out and Jenna turned around. “What are you doing out here?” Charlie asked before she noticed the wine glass in her mother’s hand. “Is Ray inside making supper?”

“No,” Jenna shook her head.

“You’ve already eaten?” Charlie asked. “But I told you last night when I called that you should wait with supper until I arrived.”

“Charlie it’s 10 o’clock. Lucas is sleeping already,” Jenna said strictly.

“Oh bummer, so is there any dinner left for me?” Charlie asked.

“If you want dinner you can order a Pizza,” Jenna replied.

“Mom what is up with you?” Charlie asked. “Why does it sounds like you’re angry with me?”

“I’m not,” Jenna sighed before she walked over to the table and put down her glass by the wine bottle. Then she picked up a note and handed it to Charlie. “Here read!”

Charlie opened the note and started to read:


“Dear Jenna,

I’m sorry about this. I don’t think it’s a surprise to you that Italy doesn’t fit me. I’ve tried to make it work but I can’t…I need to get back to my roots. I’m going back to Dallas. If you need to reach me you know where to find me.

Ray.

P.S Give Lucas a kiss for me.”



Charlie stared at the note, as it slowly dawned on her just what this meant, “OH MY GOD! He left you! What a jerk!”

“Charlie! I don’t need that right now.”

“Fine,” Charlie sighed. “But mom what are you gonna do?”

“I’m not sure,” Jenna said. “I guess he’ll come back sooner or later. This ain’t the first time he’s gone off to Dallas and…”

“Yeah but this time he says he won’t come back. Didn’t you get it?” Charlie waved the note in front of Jenna. “If you wanna reach him…it is up to you!” Charlie told her. “Come on mom you can’t let him do this to you. You have to fight for your man.”

“I guess you’re right so what do you suggest?”

“I think you should come with me back to Dallas and bring your man home!”

“Well…” Jenna hesitated, as she thought it over for a moment. “I was thinking about that. So what do you say should we skip Gstaad this summer?”

“Um…” Charlie pondered it for a while before she agreed. “Alright, I’ll call Randy and let him know we’re coming tomorrow.” Charlie made a movement to walk inside but Jenna stopped her.

“Hon wait… I’ve got this great idea,” Jenna smiled and Charlie looked questioning.
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
Thank you for the feedback everyone. :)

Honkytonkangel & Crazy about SE and JR, you don't need to worry. I don't like Don anymore than you do! ;)

Shan, I'm glad you're still loving this story. :)

Just one more update left for episode one:


Sue Ellen smiled, as she saw the white Ranch house with its outdoor patio, pool and flower garden come into view. It looks just like I remembered it, she reflected, as the stables, the house, the bushes and the black fences that framed the pastures where the cattle and horses were grazing, didn’t look any different now than it had 7 years ago when she’d moved out from the ranch for good. Looking at the house now, where it was situated on its grounds, Sue Ellen couldn’t help but wondering silently how she ever could have left the house in the first place. Since the ranch was absolutely beautiful. Yet looking over to the man who was sitting next to her, pulling up the car on the driveway, she knew exactly why she’d left. Since Southfork might look like a peaceful place and when she’d first moved into the house when she and JR were first married in the early 70s, she’d might have believed that this place was going to become her own heaven on earth and that she, Sue Ellen Shepard Ewing, would become its mistress one day in the future. This time, returning to the ranch 25 years later, she no longer held any such illusions. Since she knew now that the house’s country location was deceiving since as long as JR Ewing lived here Southfork could never be just another peaceful cattle ranch. So it was with open eyes that she returned here and it felt good.

“It feels like it’s been years since I saw this place,” Sue Ellen reflected, as she, John Ross and JR got out of the car.

“It’s been years,” JR reminded her.

“I know it has and it feels weird to say this but I’ve really missed this ranch,” Sue Ellen confessed. “I mean Southfork used to be my home for many years…”

“I know what you mean Mama, coming here sort of feels like coming back home again and it’s fun to be back,” John Ross smiled.

“That’s my boy,” JR grinned and patted John Ross on his shoulder, before they walked up to the patio where Miss Ellie and Clayton had been sitting outdoors waiting for them.

“Grandma!” John Ross called out before he rushed over towards the older woman and greeted her with a big bear hug.

“John Ross! Welcome home!” Miss Ellie beamed, as she hugged John Ross tightly. He might not be her oldest grandson anymore, as James was, but in her heart he was still special.

“Clayton, it’s good to see you again,” Sue Ellen greeted the older man, who used to be like a father-figure to her, with a hug.

“Sue Ellen, it’s good to see you too,” Clayton smiled before he turned to John Ross, “You too John Ross.”

“Grandpa Farlow,” John Ross replied before he hugged Clayton as well and Sue Ellen hugged Miss Ellie.

“Sue Ellen, I’m so glad that you decided to come with John Ross for a visit. The house hasn’t been the same since you’ve left,” Miss Ellie smiled at her former daughter in law. All hard feelings between the women after the shooting of JR finally put behind them.

“Thanks Miss Ellie, I’m glad I went too, it feels great to be back. I’ve really missed this place and this family…” Sue Ellen’s sentence was left hanging as she spotted her nephew Christopher coming out of the house.

“John Ross!” Christopher exclaimed happily, as he rushed up to his cousin, clearly delighted to have his older cousin back again.

“Hi Chris,” John Ross smiled and the cousins greeted each other with a male hug and lots of pats in the back.

“Wow! John Ross it’s great to have you back man!” Christopher smiled. “The house’s been so empty without you.”

“Well I’m glad to be back,” John Ross grinned. The two cousins then small talked a little.

Sue Ellen smiled at the scene in front of her as she hadn’t seen John Ross this happy in months. Yet seeing Christopher was a little bittersweet for her as he was a constant reminder of her sister Kristin. Watching the two cousins talk touched her heart and she was reluctant to interrupt them. But at the same time she wanted to say hi. So she slowly approached Christopher and said, “Hello Christopher!”

“Hi Aunt Sue Ellen,” Christopher smiled.

Sue Ellen smiled back, “Can I get a hug?”

“Sure,” Christopher agreed before he walked up to her and gave her a hug.

Sue Ellen smiled as she was happy to see her nephew again. But then her smile stiffened as she was startled to see a brunette woman and a little girl with brown hair come out of the house with Bobby. There was something eerily familiar about the woman and she just couldn’t shake the feeling that she knew her. Then her eyes widened as it suddenly dawned on her exactly who that was, “Oh my God!” Sue Ellen exclaimed. “Pam?”

“Hi Sue Ellen, it must have been years since we saw each other,” Pam greeted her with a smile.

Hearing her voice Sue Ellen knew that it was true. It really is Pam. Sue Ellen had a hard time taking her eyes off Pam, as if she had a hard time to believe that it really was her old friend and sister-in law who had returned to them at last. “Pam, it really is you,” Sue Ellen smiled, as the two women embraced each other. “It’s so nice to see you again.”

“It’s nice to see you too Sue Ellen, you look wonderful,” Pam replied.

“So do you,” Sue Ellen smiled back. “If I didn’t know that you’d been in that car crash, I’d never have guessed it.”

“Thanks, the doctor says I’m completely recovered by now,” Pam informed Sue Ellen.

“I’m glad,” Sue Ellen smiled at Pam before turning to Bobby. “Bobby, it’s good to see you too.”

“Sue Ellen, welcome back to Southfork,” Bobby hugged his former sister-in-law and then proceeded with his nephew. “John Ross.”

“Uncle Bobby.”

“It’s good to have you back kid, I know your daddy has really missed you and Christopher too,” Bobby told John Ross sincerely. “He’s got no one to fight with when you’re not here,” he then added with a twinkle that made John Ross and Christopher laugh.

“Oh come on we don’t fight all the time,” Christopher told his dad and the grownups exchanged some glances as they could all remember some of Christopher’s and John Ross’ disagreements over the years.

“Hey mom! Who are all these people?” Rebecca finally got tired of being a bystander and spoke up, her words earning her everyone’s attention.

“Mom?” Sue Ellen’s eyes widened in surprise. “Pam is this your daughter?”

“Yes, she’s mine and B…”

“Mark Graison or someone else’s daughter,” JR interrupted Pam and his remark earned him some annoyed glares from both Bobby and Pam.

“You! Your despicable man! I thought that you would stop bothering us about this,” Pam shouted at JR and Sue Ellen frowned.

“And I who thought that you had changed,” Sue Ellen said accusingly. “But I guess you’re still the same ol’ JR…”

“No I have changed,” JR hurried to reassure Sue Ellen with a grin. “Of course we all know that Rebecca’s Bobby’s daughter too,” JR then added challengingly, his words completely stunning Sue Ellen.

“She’s Bobby’s what?” Sue Ellen stared from Bobby to Pam to the child.

“Daughter, Rebecca is mine and Bobby’s daughter,” Pam clarified for Sue Ellen, who was more than surprised by now.

“That’s strange I can’t remember that you two had a daughter…” Sue Ellen said confused and JR smiled his shit eating grin as his little ploy was having its desired effect on his ex-wife. “How old are you Rebecca?”

“Seven and who are you?” Rebecca wondered.

“Oh I guess I’m your aunt Sue Ellen,” Sue Ellen smiled unsurely, before she noticed the others giving her some strange looks. “Um…or maybe it’s just Sue Ellen, as I’m not married to your uncle JR anymore…”

“Aunt Sue Ellen will do just fine Rebecca,” Pam told her daughter before she turned towards John Ross and went on, “and this Rebecca is your cousin John Ross, he’s JR & Sue Ellen’s son.”

“Hi John Ross,” Rebecca smiled.

“Um…hi Rebecca,” John Ross said and shook hands with the kid, before he turned to Christopher. “So man, I guess you’ve gotten yourself a sister, huh?”

“Looks like,” Christopher said.

“Must be strange, I mean to have a sister pop up like that…I mean I had a brother do that to me…but at least he was a brother. I mean don’t you think having brothers are more fun than having sisters?” John Ross asked Christopher.

“I don’t know,” Christopher shrugged his shoulders. “I’ve never had a sister before and I just met her a few days ago…”

“I totally get that,” John Ross nodded, since he understood his cousin’s confusion about his new sister well. “So why didn’t you mention that your mom was back though?”

“Oh I don’t know…” Christopher shrugged his shoulders. “I guess I just didn’t think it was that important to mention…”

“Not important?” John Ross asked. “Come on, this is huge man,” John Ross disagreed. “I mean you’ve always wished for her to come back.”

“I know,” Christopher nodded sadly. “Still now when she is nothing’s like I imagined it to be. I mean she’s been here 4 days now and she still hasn’t talked to me about why she left or anything…” Christopher said sadly. “I don’t know it’s almost like if she’s avoiding me or something…”

As the boys continued talking Sue Ellen turned to Pam and said, “So what a surprise to find you here. JR didn’t mention anything about you coming back…”

“Well that doesn’t surprise me,” Pam rolled her eyes.

“So how long have you been back?”

“Four days,” Pam informed Sue Ellen, “and it’s not like we’re back for good. Rebecca and I are just here on a visit.”

“I see,” Sue Ellen nodded. “So Rebecca is 7,” Sue Ellen paused. “Doesn’t that mean that you were pregnant with her when you left?”

“Yes exactly,” Pam confirmed. “The letter was just a bad excuse. The real reason I left was because I was pregnant and the doctors all advised me to not…I was afraid that Bobby would…” Pam threw a glance at Rebecca who was ease-dropping on their conversation and Sue Ellen nodded.

“I see,” she simply stated as a glance of understanding was exchanged between the women.

“Fortunately it all went well and three and a half months after I’d run away Rebecca was born…” Pam finished and Sue Ellen smiled.

“She’s quite the little miracle child isn’t she?” Sue Ellen looked at the girl and for a brief moment she couldn’t help but wondering what her life would have been like if she hadn’t miscarried that second child. Maybe it would have been fun to have a little daughter… Sue Ellen pondered before she brushed the idea off, as the idea was ridiculous, especially since she wasn’t even sure the child had been JR’s and she could never imaging herself giving birth to anyone else’s baby.

Feeling Sue Ellen’s eyes on him JR felt like he had to say something, although he had no idea of why she was looking at him like that. “So are you jet-lagged after your flight darlin’?” He wondered in a concerned voice.

Sue Ellen smiled, as it sounded like he actually cared. “Not too badly yet, but I’m guessing it’ll show tonight,” Sue Ellen replied.

JR nodded at that before he turned to his son, “So John Ross isn’t it gonna be great to be back here for a few weeks?”

“Oh absolutely dad and you know what the best part of it all is?”

“No what’s that son?”

“That I’ve gotten rid of that jerk that Mama is married to for the rest of the summer…” John Ross grinned.

“John Ross!” Sue Ellen exclaimed, apparently embarrassed.

“Oh come on Mama, you know he’s not exactly the children friendly type…” John Ross said and JR grinned, as his son was playing him straight into his hands. Sue Ellen twisted a little and looked uncomfortable when Ray suddenly arrived on the scene. He was all sweaty as he’d just gotten back from his morning ride.

“Sue Ellen,” he tipped his hat off to her.

She smiled politely acknowledging him, “Ray.”

“John Ross! Great to see you again,” Ray tousled John Ross’ hair.

“You too uncle Ray,” John Ross smiled.

“Good that you’re back Ray, you’re right in time for lunch,” Clayton smiled.

“Great, I’m starved,” Ray smiled.

“Good,” Miss Ellie smiled at Ray before looking around at her family. “But before lunch I would like to propose a toast to us Ewings. Since it’s been a long time since I’ve had almost all my family gathered together…”

“Great idea Mama, come on everybody let’s go get some champagne…” JR grinned before he saw Sue Ellen giving him a stern look. “And some club soda for you darlin’ and the kids of course,” JR then added and Sue Ellen smiled gratefully at him as the whole Ewing family started to walk into the living room. Coming indoors they met Teresa.

“Mrs. Ewing your bags are carried up to your old room,” Teresa told Sue Ellen.

“Thanks Teresa,” Sue Ellen replied, not even bothering to correct the woman that her name was Mrs. Lockwood now.

This didn’t go unnoticed by John Ross who smiled before he asked politely, “Teresa are my bags carried up to my room too?”

“Yes Mr. John Ross,” Teresa replied and John Ross smiled and thanked her before he followed his parents into the living room and soon Miss Ellie, Clayton, JR, Sue Ellen, John Ross, Bobby, Pam, Christopher, Rebecca and Ray were all gathered together, holding glasses in their hands.

JR raised his glass and said, “Have everybody gotten a glass?”

“Yes but Rebecca says she wants Cola,” Bobby smiled sheepishly.

JR threw his baby-brother a murderous glance before he muttered, “But you can’t toast in cola…”

“Sure she can. She is after all the youngest and newest addition to this family,” Miss Ellie reminded her son before she turned to Teresa. “Teresa, go and get a glass of cola for Miss Rebecca.”

“Yes ma’am,” Teresa said politely and the others held off on the toast until Rebecca had received her cola glass.

Then Miss Ellie raised her glass and said, “I would like to make a toast to the Ewing family. It feels so good to have almost my whole family all gathered together again and I hope we won’t ever fall apart again…”

“I second that Mama,” JR hurried to butt in. “May our future together be bright and let’s leave the past in the past. To a new beginning, cheers!”

“Cheers,” the others replied and a mumbles of “to a new beginning” or “to the Ewing family” could be heard among the others, as they clinked their glasses together and started zipping on their drinks.

Then suddenly a cheerful voice interrupted the celebration. “Hello everybody! You… Hey what’s this you’re having a celebration without me?”

The Ewing family looked up and was really surprised to see Lucy & Mitch standing at the door. “Lucy! You’re back!” Miss Ellie put down her glass and hurried over to greet her oldest grandchild with a warm hug.

“Yes we’re back,” Lucy smiled, before she lets go of her grandma. “You all remember Mitch huh?” Lucy asked and the others all nodded and looked somewhat amused. “I run into him on my trip to Australia, and you know me, always the impulsive one…we’ve gotten remarried again…” Lucy beamed.

The family looked somewhat surprised by this announcement but Miss Ellie just smiled since she knew that Lucy had always been a wild one, even when she was a young child who was spoiled rotten, she’d always had a will of her own. Seeing her granddaughter so happy warmed her heart, since in many ways Lucy was more than just a granddaughter. She was the daughter she’d never had and after raising her she knew her well enough to know that Lucy had always had a special place in her heart for Mitch. So this news brought her joy, “Oh that’s wonderful news,” Miss Ellie embraced Lucy again before turning to Mitch. “Mitch welcome back to the family,” she smiled before she hugged Mitch as well.

“Thanks Miss Ellie,” Mitch smiled and the rest of the family approached them too.

“Congratulations Lucy I always knew you and Mitch had something special,” Bobby hugged his niece.

“Yes we’re really very happy for you,” Pam said and Lucy’s smile stiffened, as she was shocked to see the woman in front of her.

“Pam?” Lucy exclaimed. “You’re back…” she then added, before she hugged her old aunt tightly. “Oh boy am I glad to see you!”

“Yeah it’s nice to see you too,” Pam smiled warmly before she introduced Rebecca to Lucy.

“Rebecca this is your cousin Lucy, Lucy meet Rebecca she’s Bobby’s and my daughter.”

“Your daughter?” Lucy smiled a bit amused. “Oh wow! How’s that for stealing my thunder? Here I thought Mitch and my marriage was the biggest news of the day!” Lucy grinned before she hugged Rebecca. Then Ray, Clayton, Christopher and John Ross also congratulated Lucy & Mitch on the wedding. Then at last JR reluctantly did the same and Lucy’s jaw dropped again when she noticed that Sue Ellen was back too.

“Sue Ellen!” Lucy exclaimed surprised. Oh wow! I leave Southfork for a few weeks and when I return I find Sue Ellen and Pam here. It feels almost like old times, Lucy reflected.

“Congratulations Lucy, Mitch!” Sue Ellen smiled, before she hugged a stunned Lucy.

“Thanks Sue Ellen and what a surprise to find you here, I mean I thought you were the last person in the world that JR would want to see right now.”

“Why’s that?” Sue Ellen asked puzzled.

“Yeah why wouldn’t I wanna see Sue Ellen?” JR wondered, as his eyes narrowed with suspicion. There’s something about Lucy’s smile that can’t mean good news, he reflected to himself and yet he wasn’t prepared for the final blow.

“So that she’s released the movie to the public doesn’t bother you then?” Lucy grinned triumphantly and both JR and Sue Ellen were taken aback by that statement whereas the others in the room had no idea just what Lucy was talking about. “The movie was great Sue Ellen. I must say that art really imitates real life sometimes!” Lucy added enthusiastically.

Sue Ellen couldn’t believe her ears. Oh no he couldn’t have, or could he? She wondered silently, as she knew that there was only one person who could have released it and in her heart she didn’t want to believe that he could have gone against her wishes. “The movie?” Sue Ellen eventually asked, as to get it confirmed and seeing Lucy nod she then hesitantly looked around the room, since she just knew that this meant that all hell was about to break loose…


To be continued…
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Oh shit. I take back what I said before, NOW she needs to go back and beat the living shit outta Don.
I really hope she can convince everyone that she had nothing to do with it's release (though I don't think JR really has any right to be angry about anything in it).
It was kinda cool to see everyone back together even if all hell is about to break loose.
Can't wait to see what happens.
 

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Great updates Karin.:) I love this story so much and I am so happy that almost the whole family is back together under one roof at Southfork even though all hell is about to break loose because everyone has just found out that Sue Ellen's movie about her life with JR has just been released. :):(I can't wait to find out who released the movie to the public. :)
 

Ray&Donna

Eternal Member
LV
1
 
Awards
6
Sorry it took me so long to post--I wanted to make sure I'd read each and every update before I said anything. I love what you've done, though, bringing everyone back to Southfork. One thing that bothered me about the reunion movies, as well as the TNT version, was how empty the ranch was. Your story feels more like classic-era DALLAS, where both the house and show were filled with interesting characters and stories. Great job :)
 
K

Karin Schill

Guest
I'm still here Crazy about SE and JR. :)
I've just taken a couple of days break from posting in between the episodes to give some friends who had fallen behind a chance to catch up. One of them have caught up by now and one said she probably would today. So hopefully you can have something new tomorrow. ;)

Oh and you're on to something about the movie and yes you are right when you say that Rebecca is spoiled. She totally is. Even though I find her cute too...

Thank you for the feedback everyone. All your comments are much appreciated. :)

Honkytonkangel, you will find out in the next update how Sue Ellen will deal with Don and how the rest of the family reacts to the movie news.

Sanda, you really can't guess who released the movie?
I thought it was pretty obvious. ;)

Tommie, I'm so pleased you have caught up. Thanks for your kind words about my Dallas story. I take that as a big compliment coming from a published writer like you! :)
I'm looking forward to read your book. I just need to finish the one I'm reading first...

And yes I agree about the house being too empty. I think "JR Returns" worked well as it brought some of the family back to the ranch but the younger generation was sorely missing in "War of the Ewings" and it was a mistake to have the family so shattered on Dallas TNT as a lot of the drama comes from having all of those characters living under the same roof. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I'm finally caught up @Karin Schill

I really love the story your sister and you are writing. I love how your writing all the characters into your story.

I love that Pam and Bobby found each other, and they have their Daughter who is cute she is not shy.

I love that Sue Ellen is back at SouthFork, I'm not a fan of Don. He released the movie what a jerk.

Ray and Jenna are apart, I wonder how things will go when Jenna, Charlie and Lucas show up. I was happy that Ray was going to see Donna and Margaret. I think Ray will have his hands full. I'm sure Jenna and Pam will not be overjoyed to see each other.

I love Miss Ellie and Clayton in your story. It is nice seeing Lucy and Mitch back together hopefully this time the marriage will work.

I love JR in the story you write him perfectly.

I can't wait to find out what will happen next. I really love your story.❤❤❤❤
 
Top