Emmerdale Episode Discussion

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Another great week in the village and I hope that Meena isn’t killed off. So far so good, but so many serial killers end up dead and I like the idea that they could return in a few years time.

Not sure why they interviewed a suspected serial killer in the dark and with just one detective.

I wonder what the next big story will be, Meena is one character that will be impossible to replace.

Will Pierce’s son turn out to be a great character?
Will we get to see Chloe’s gangster dad?
Will Jamie Tate return and cause havoc?
Is Jamie Tate capable of causing havoc?
What next for Al?

9unfold

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Last week's Emmerdale has been some of the best episodes in a very long time.

I've also enjoying Meena's return to get revenge on Billy and Dawn. Her on screen performance has been so good to watch.

I felt for Meena when Liam snapped and pushed her off the bridge, in the same way Meena pushed Leanna.

Best storyline in ages.

9unfold

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Not sure why they interviewed a suspected serial killer in the dark and with just one detective.
Very good point, I didn't pick up on that. But I enjoyed the scenes.
wonder what the next big story will be, Meena is one character that will be impossible to replace.
Agreed. Hard to replace a character like Meena. Could the writing team some how reach a scenario where she is found not guilty if she is tried in court.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
So, this is what Vinny got up to before chasing Liv all over the dales.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I’m not sure what is going on behind the scenes, but Emmerdale has lost a lot of characters on the past 12 months, especially noticeable when you look at the new characters that are still with the show.

Lost
Luke Posner
Aaron Livesy
Ben Tucker
Ellis Chapman
Andrea Tate
Jamie Tate
Diane Sugden
Leanna Cavanagh
Debbie Dingle
Paul Ashdale

New
Chloe Harris
Marcus Dean
Alex Moore

And we are going to lose
Meena Jutla

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m not sure what is going on behind the scenes, but Emmerdale has lost a lot of characters on the past 12 months, especially noticeable when you look at the new characters that are still with the show.

Lost
Luke Posner
Aaron Livesy
Ben Tucker
Ellis Chapman
Andrea Tate
Jamie Tate
Diane Sugden
Leanna Cavanagh
Debbie Dingle
Paul Ashdale

New
Chloe Harris
Marcus Dean
Alex Moore

And we are going to lose
Meena Jutla

A fair few that we lost had been on the show since the late 90s/early 00s as well so these are long running characters most of them.

Personally I think Emmerdale need a complete overhaul.

Ollie james

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I would expect with this year being the 50th there will be a few comings and goings yet. I still think Emmerdale has the best cast of the other soaps and when they do the big episodes they do go all out. Its impossible to churn out 6 episodes a week to a standard that's going to please everyone but I'm looking forward to the year ahead. Meena for me has being magnificent in getting people talking about the show whether you love her or hate her you know about her. The other weapon Emmerdale has is the stunning Yorkshire set that it's filmed at I hope we see more of the outdoor scenes this year too.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I still think Emmerdale has the best cast of the other soaps
I think there is a collection of great, good and weak characters across all the soaps. They all have their great hard hitting stories to be proud of.

I haven’t been keen on the latest story with Laurel. Like the Woolpack story of the Dingles losing the pub, only to find a twist that keeps the pub in the hands of the Dingles. Laurel had her her taken away from her, only to find a twist where Gabby manages to buy the house keeping it in the of the family.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Another excellent week in the Dale's.
Charity is crook and a scam artist but she still deserves better than Mackenze. I enjoyed the moment between Charity and Vanessa and hope that they get back together. Getting the Woolpack up and running again is Charity's second finest hour, her first was stealing that kiss from Vanessa in the cellar that signaled the start of relationship.

Meena Meena Meena. The prison walls are not enough to stop her. She wields her madness as if it were a weapon of mass destruction. That said... her madness is a weapon of mass destruction. Even the conduit of Jah, Charles the Vicar, is not sufficiently protected by the Higher Power to fend off Meena delicate touch.

5 minutes ago Mandy was trying to break up Liv and Vinny. Now she is planning their marriage that has already happened... than getting bent out of shape when the truth pops up. Mandy is a whirlwind, love her!

And as ever Belle is a treasure and Cain is a millstone around Everyone's neck.

9unfold

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Chas and Charity fighting was so funny. Al really worked a number on Chas, I feel for her loosing the pub.

Charity as landlord of the Woolpack should be interesting.

Ollie james

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Must admit I'm liking Liv and Vinnie together the wedding was really sweet. I'm team Charity in the battle with Chas good to have more Emma Atkins on our screens she's a delight to watch.

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am not keen on Marlon as a character, another Dingle (too many in my opinion) but Mark is a very good actor and I found Monday's episode distressing, upsetting and very moving. I am sure the cast and production team will do this storyline justice.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I am not keen on Marlon as a character
I'm no fan either. He annoys me as Sean & Kirk do on Corrie.

Mark is a very good actor and I found Monday's episode distressing, upsetting and very moving.
Oh yes, I think he's a great actor too, and like you, I thought the episode was all those things. Brilliantly filmed.

Ollie james

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The episode on Monday was really emotional well acted and written too. I'm looking forward to seeing what Emmerdale has up it's sleeve for the 50th this year.

9unfold

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
I am not keen on Marlon as a character
To me he had always been a background character. But when Al was fleecing the pub away and then his stroke had made me pay greater attention.

Rhona's mother I'm finding annoying at the moment!

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Jai and Laurel worked well as a couple, until Jai messed it up in spectacular fashion.

That said if Laurel forgives Jai and rekindled there relationship I'd offer a nod of approval.

Never really thought that I would like to see Chas back in the Woolpack again. As for Charity.... loving her work!

9unfold

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Paddy and Marlon have shared some good scenes recently. Marlon's nurse has good screen presence.

Moira's revenge on Charity was all a bit silly and just helped Mac and Charity get back together.