• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Emmerdale Episode Discussion

Ollie james

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Agree that the Paddy and Marlon scenes were great. Their friendship has always been very authentic and great to watch. Must admit I laughed out loud at some of the exchanges between Moira and Charity and the scenes with Bob at the Dingles on Thursdays episodes. A bit of light relief to counter the emotional scenes around Marlons storyline which is so brilliantly written. Next week we have queen Meena in court so another epic week in Emmerdale to look forward to.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
With Meena's trial soon starting, I'm quite keen to see her performance in the dock.

Bobby Ewing Dirty Den and now the resurrection of the undead Jamie Tate is on horizon. That's the gold.

Belle putting Al jn his place was excellent. Belle is ace quite frankly.

9unfold

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
I've got high hopes for Meena's trial. Ethan picked Manpreet apart with ease, I can only imagine what the defence barrister is going to do to her credibility.

I'm not sure why Dawn is going out of her way to find Jamie, after he turned her over. Besides that she is married to Billy.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Belle is more than capable of looking after herself, it's outrageous that Cain assumes she need a knuckle dragging washed up man to protect the little lady...it's a great mystery why anyone bothers with him. He bring nothing to table. Marlon is in hospital with mind doing loops and Cain pitches up and gives the nurse who has a greater understanding of Marlon's needs some ill-conceived monosyllabic grunts about something he will never grasp ever until 20 minutes after the end of the universe.

A simpleton absolute is Sam, but his "family is everything let's tell Cain er'thing" is just wind it in you fool. Cutthroats and thieves and surprise progeny that bounce up in the newfound father's wife... is a "family"!

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I know there has been a lot of criticism of the Meena storyline and Emmerdale living in its own little world and not in reality but I loved it. Very entertaining. My only niggle was, I was hoping Meena was going to make a run for it back to the village and kill some of the Dingles along with Victoria and David.

9unfold

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Emmerdale and especially Meena have been some really good entertainment recently.

I don't want Emmerdale to be grounded in the everyday reality of life, but to continue to be unrealistically entertainment.

9unfold

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Nice to see that Ethan has been given a storyline with some bite. He's been placed in position where his personal and professional lives conflict.

Noah is getting worse, tracking Chloe is a dispicable act, stalking in fact.

Ollie james

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really liked the scene where Bear admitted to Paddy that he was feeling lonely. Bears scenes with Marlon are really good too.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
I'm loving Faith's work at the moment!

Charity's the only person in the whole village that doesn't have a clue that Noah is a danger to women. C'mon Charity... wise up!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I realise it's new, though I'm sure Hollyoaks has done it before; I'm not interested in the flash-forward. I would instead concentrate on the story as it unfolds and leave all the flash forward to teaser trailers.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
The apprentice rapist that is Noah has some deluded notions and expectations. He gets upset that Charity reported him to the police! He thinks that his behaviour is a demonstration of affection towards Chloe... that's beyond unhinged.

As for Cain suggesting that Charity has ruined the apprentice rapist's future...if Cain had any honour he'd fail upon his sword today.

With limited time Faith is wasting time and life Cain. Wrapping the car around that telephone pole with his sister in the passenger seat while on some mad vendetta or whatever ridiculous thing he conjured up. I mean really?!?!

Gabby only went and shot Will thinking that it might have been Jamie. That's the gold right there.

Emmerdale is something special.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Well done Emmerdale on revisiting a dodgy storyline with Cain.

Last month, the classic Emmerdale aired the story where Cain sleeps with Angie's 16-year-old daughter Ollie in a revenge plot for Angie dumping Cain. This sparked quite a reaction on social media with some saying the character Cain should be axed from the show. That was a knee jerk reaction based on something that was filmed many years ago. Of course, it wasn't right and the recent story of Noah stalking Chloe gave the writers the opportunity to revisit the story from Cain's perspective and how wrong he was at the time.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Loving Leyla's work at the moment. Rear ending the local rozzer while riding dirty.

Damn useful that there was a drain right there in the middle of nowhere, handy for jetting off magic sacks! The prang monster in Leyla's beginning to wake up.

9unfold

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Pleased to see Noah given a custodial sentence. Charity did the right thing by turning him in.

Ollie james

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Top class writing and acting this past week from both Mary and Faith. Nice to see the older characters take centre stage . Thought Kim was great when Mary came out to her and the contrasting reactions of Chas and Cain to Faiths illness has been good too.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Soap opera contrive their offerings to a place that is beyond all logic and reasoning of the human experience.

So the bottom feeder slinging magic to Leyla offers her a two for one deal! That's the soap gold, right there. Then he get big ideas about turning Leyla, a successful lady, into his bitch. The guy slinging is nothing special, they are everywhere and Leyla would sack him off super fast. That said, soap fiends are good peeps and go the extra mile to reach their goal, soap drunks are just lazy and can't be bothered to do anything that walk to Dev's or David's to buy their fizzy pop or whatever.

Chas has been doing some great work, I always liked the idea of Chas and Al as star crossed lovers, Why Chas bothers with Cain is a mystery, Why anyone bothers with him is a mystery.

Why Susie is getting involved with Leyla's road to Valhalla is nonsense, and yeah let Leyla's inner prang monster do it thing.

As expected, Belle continues to be divine, Kerry continues in her greasy ways, Paddy continues to be unworthy of Chas. And the good doctor continues failing to see the apprentice fiend in front of him.

Emmerdale weave some big magic, best soap ever

9unfold

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
Faith in really good at the moment although that seems like the wrong thing to say. Faith is a character that I have warmed to, her current storyline is being executed superbly by the actor.

I believe that Al has genuine feelings towards Chas. But Chas understandably has her doubts and the circumstances she's dealing with, Faith and Paddy, are weighing heavily.

Leyla and Liam, curious about where that is going.

Ollie james

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Agreed Faith has been terrific I will be sorry to see her go. AL is a character I find interesting I think we need to learn a bit more about what motivates him.