• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Hollyoaks Hollyoaks

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
George and Victor would make a super couple as evil masters of manipulation. If they work together as policeman and drug-dealer - more options.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I enjoy Victor much more than George, but I'm having problems with Nu-Ollie. I don't know why, but I still don't see Ollie in him. I didn't know Sid was going to die, so I was totally shocked when he was killed.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Actually, Sid was alive when last seen and within two days, Billy Price was saying online that he wasn’t going anywhere. And it was clear that Ste was covering from the episode afterwards. Plus Ste was too focused on bringing Victor down. All little giveaways. Plus Sid was never taken off the credits. It is instant removal for departing permanent cast. Plus Billy Price had already recently signed a new contract.

Hollyoaks Spring Trailer 2021

Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
I was sad to see Sid go, but I wasn't happy to see him return. I had already accepted him being gone.

Isn't it a little dumb that Liberty writes her big masterplan in a diary? If she really needs to write about it she do it in a hidden cloud or something like that.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
George faked his own death for the second time this week. And now he is really dead. Third time unlucky.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was sad to see Sid go, but I wasn't happy to see him return. I had already accepted him being gone.

Isn't it a little dumb that Liberty writes her big masterplan in a diary? If she really needs to write about it she do it in a hidden cloud or something like that.
Do you mean Summer Ranger?

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As hot as George was there was no point of keeping him. The whole story with John Paul suffered probably through Covid because they didn't feel like a couple who is intimate. They looked rather like close friends where one is mindfucked. And I don't like what is probably coming: John Paul or Ste in jail. Boring.

Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
So, who killed George? As long as it's not his ex I'm happy with any killer.

I'm hoping Toby is next to leave. He killed Lisa, but no one seems to care. I don't want him to be redeemed and stay on the show.

Last edited:

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree about Toby. And I just don't believe that Felix as we know him would actually be silent about Lisa's murder just because Toby is his son. He is also a stranger to him where I don't think the emotional connection is that important. And now Cleo knows too and is silent about it. Too much to believe. BTW: the coupling of Cleo and Toby also doesn't work for me. The abuse both suffered in the past can't be a source of a relationship.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
If Toby is suddenly such a good guy why is Mitchell still gone? Why has Felix no interest in bringing him home and unite his children? Cleo & Toby might look good on paper, but not on tv.

I'm not really happy with writing for awhile now. We have to deal with another drama for Tony & Diane and I'm not sure if I'm rooting for Courtney & Sid as a couple.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think Felix knows that Mitchell is better off staying away from them - at least for now. I assume Mitchell will return but (hopefully) as a recast.

The writing seems to repeat the same mistakes. Mitchell and Scott are both single and gay? Let's make them a couple even though there is zero chemistry between them and everything about their sudden marriage felt forced by Scott - who prior to that was a character who had a sense for other's problems.

Now, as you mention, Courtney and Sid: two people with physical disabilities? Let's make them a couple even though their situation isn't really comparable and neither are their former experiences. I'm not rooting for them as a couple either but both actors are good in dramatic scenes so maybe it's not that bad.

I wish they would focus more on the Nightingale family. The return of Juliet into the family was a rather understated thing and I don't recall her reconnecting with brother Romeo. I wish we hear sarcastic comments by Juliet about James' relationship with Ste.

Also missing are scenes with the Maaliks as a family. What's going on with the newly-weds Yasmine and Tom? How is Misbah dealing with her job at the hospital during the pandemic? And Imran finally deserves a decent storyline!

One story I really like is the fall-out after Ella's confession to the murder. Mandy's cover-up of it was probably the best storyline this year and it shook up the lives and relationships of a few characters in which I had no interest before: Nancy, Mandy and Darren -that changed. Even though I'm still not rooting for Nancy because I think she is a self-righteous bitch. Other storylines I like are how Luke is not giving up on his son Ollie despite the many relapses. Or Ste helping Sid. I prefer the domestic stuff with an emotional impact. The many murders at the village have no effect on me: I really don't care because the procedure with an incompetent police is always the same.

The look of the show feels claustrophobic with their outdoor scenes. As if 99% is shot on the same parking lot. If you compare that to German daily soaps (I mean those on ARD or RTL) it looks too static/ cheap. I have no idea how it compares to other British soaps because I don't watch them but they seem to have very rigid Covid protocols while filming outdoors. This is visually tedious and can't go on forever.

Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Hollyoaks is also the only UK soap I watch so I got no idea how good or bad it looks compared to other UK soaps, but I know it looks so much better than US soaps I'm still watching. Mercedes grew on me through the years, I'm happy whenever she's on screen, but that feud she's having with Cher right now is not her best storyline. I also want to see James in a better storyline. For awhile he was one of my favorites along with his mother, but in recent months I've lost interest in both of them and yes, Juliet is not around very much, maybe because she's happy off screen.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hollyoaks Summer 2021 trailer: A Summer of Hollyoaks

Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Those days when Hollyoaks was must-see for me are over. Hope it's going to improve anytime soon.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Those days when Hollyoaks was must-see for me are over. Hope it's going to improve anytime soon.
Well, yesterday’s E4 episode was the first with the new Executive Producer, Lucy Allan.