Locations

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
I agree. I find it fascinating. Next time I re-watch Lorimar Dallas I'm going to see if I can pick out a location still and see if I can trip these guys up. Brilliant stuff!
Won't take much to trip me up, that's for sure. :think:
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
That is Chandler's Landing Marina in Rockwall, Texas! Yes, on the shores of Lake Ray Hubbard. In "The Big Ball" you can make it out on one of the boats in the slips shown just after the opening credits. I tried to take a screen shot but it isn't coming in very clearly. Google Street View wasn't much help either since it is in a gated community.
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Pam, in Killer At Large, getting the news from Jackie about Bobby being shot. This looks much like the hotel where JR/Swellen & son stayed after the S/F fire, at a slightly different angle. I think this location is posted in the previous page as the Marriott in Addison, Beltline Rd at the Dallas North Tollway.

View attachment 17462

vlcsnap-2019-08-03-13h37m12s953-jpg.17391

Good job on noting the similarities! I never picked up on the Quorum being used when Pam's scene was filmed.

Production assistance was provided by the hotel for seasons 7 & 8 so it makes sense!

I miss a few days from this thread with a busy work schedule and missed quite a bit!
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Also wondering where the scene was shot where Clayton and Miss Ellie meet at the restaurant in Galveston from the episode A Ewing is a Ewing, where the guy kicks up his leg every time he throws the frisbee. I'm thinking this may have been discussed, but don't see it on here.

Here is the establishing shot for the scene. With the cement wall by the beach walk, this could've been Galveston back in the mid 80's. I didn't find anything similar in CA. CA has beach walks, but they are far from the beach without cement walls. Hurricanes have changed the Galveston beach front.

View attachment 17463

Look at Mission Beach in San Diego. This could have been a good case of stock footage! I can't find an exact match to the structure right now, but the seawall and lampposts are too similar not to consider this location. https://www.google.com/maps/@32.770...6rdBE1-fz0wEczXJpkmA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
That is Chandler's Landing Marina in Rockwall, Texas!

Great eye, jm10. In this current google satellite view pic I now see the curved dock that is now a piling barrier, along with the curved sidewalk (arrow below) shown in front of the clubhouse in both pics. Nice.

Holly's Marina.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Look at Mission Beach in San Diego.

Here's a google beach pic. I noted parking lot. The buildings change of course, like the pier with the housing. I figure that's likely new. But look how it appears the beach walk narrows at the blue awning from where this shot originates. I get that impression from the establishing shot also. Looking for more clues. It's 4005 Ocean Front Walk, San Diego. The parking lot is smaller, which makes sense on beach front property based on the principle of highest and best use for real estate.

San Diego beach walk.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
To add to the hospital post, here's a shot of the front entrance as seen in dvd s11 e08 MUMMY'S REVENGE. You can see the front walkway of BSA with the side walls and railing...simulating a little bridge entrance.

BSA Front 4.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
After J.R. and Sue Ellen marry in season 6 they go on their second honeymoon to a home that appears in one episode. Although it does not get much screen time a few things are evident. It has a pool. As Sue Ellen walks to the lake, the letters E-S can be seen on the gate. It has white split rail fence. It appears to have a detached garage.
Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.06.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.07.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.09.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.11.24 PM.png

Since Holly Harwood's scenes were filmed on Lake Ray Hubbard, I thought I would start in this area for my quest of this property.
Interestingly enough I found a place that seems to meet those features noted above. It is located on East Fork Road in Sunnyvale, Texas. Be sure to notice the initials on the front gate!
Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.04.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.02.55 PM.png

I didn't have any luck finding good views of the home's exterior, but I am calling this J.R. and Sue Ellen's second honeymoon location!

From a sign posted near a barn down the road (not shown on Dallas), they must call this the E-BAR-S Ranch.
Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.24.53 PM.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
In season 12 Afton makes an all too brief return. We also learn about her daughter. Cliff visits her home a couple of times.

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.36.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.42.06 PM.png

Afton's home is located at 10784 Garland Drive in Culver City and looks very much the same although the landscaping has grown quite a bit!

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.53.02 PM.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Last post for the day! J.R. is shown at a J.R. Ewing Gas station in season 6's 'Barbeque Three.' This station was located at the southeast corner of Park and Boedecker in Dallas, Texas in what is now just a part of the NorthPark Center parking lot. It was demolished some time ago.

The Our Redeemer Lutheran Church can be seen behind the station.

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 2.55.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 3.02.12 PM.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Whoa! jm10, you nailed some locations with obscure (to the rest of us) clues. You ARE THE MAN! Great assumptions on 10784 Garland Dr. And the gas station. How in the world did you come up with that? You are spooky sometimes....great detective work! :jump:
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
dvd s08 ep02 BATTLE LINES. Ray & Donna visit a blinded Bobby and discuss office bugs. Later, Pam and Christopher visit Bobby and Pam discusses Katherine's letter.

Looks to be the same BSA building, as the construction looks the same. With the Ray and Donna pic, you even see the front bridge entrance, and the hill that would be there at the lower level where the scene is shot. Construction looks the same for Pam's visit tho' the camera shot looks to be facing away from the front bridge entrance.
BSA Ray Donna Bobby.png
bsa-front-4-png.17495

BSA Bobby Pam Christopher.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Good job on noting the similarities! I never picked up on the Quorum being used when Pam's scene was filmed.

Production assistance was provided by the hotel for seasons 7 & 8 so it makes sense!

I miss a few days from this thread with a busy work schedule and missed quite a bit!

jm10...missing what you mean about the Quorum. I have it as the Addison Marriott, Beltline Rd and the tollway. Was it formerly the Quorum?

Nevermind...you're right, as per the usual. I did a quick check, finding references to the Addison Marriott Quorum.
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
jm10...missing what you mean about the Quorum. I have it as the Addison Marriott, Beltline Rd and the tollway. Was it formerly the Quorum?

Nevermind...you're right, as per the usual. I did a quick check, finding references to the Addison Marriott Quorum.
Yes, I call it by it’s old name. There is still a road named Quorum nearby (Quorum Drive, maybe?). And since that is what they called it in the show, it’ll probably stick that way with me forever! Lol.
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Whoa! jm10, you nailed some locations with obscure (to the rest of us) clues. You ARE THE MAN! Great assumptions on 10784 Garland Dr. And the gas station. How in the world did you come up with that? You are spooky sometimes....great detective work! :jump:

Thanks. Afton’s house was the street number. The S-E was just looking around and luck. The gas station was found because I noticed the church in the background. We go to that mall often and I finally noticed the church onscreen in the background. I knew there wasn’t a gas station there now, did some research and saw that there used to be one. All fun stuff!
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Below shows the locations of various things done around Preston Hollow, which sits just above University Park in Dallas, and where they are in relation to each other.

The center N/S yellow road is the NORTH DALLAS TOLLWAY. Head up another 15 miles or so to Frisco TX, near to the 5-pilots Southfork ranch.

The right-side N/S yellow road is Hwy 75, often referred to as being jammed up at rush-hour. Heading up Hwy 75 another 10 miles or so brings you near Parker TX where the s02-forward Southfork Ranch is located.

The E/W yellow road is NORTHWEST HIGHWAY. Lower left below NORTHWEST HWY is Love Field.

Downtown Dallas is 6-7 miles south of the pic, straight down the tollway or Hwy 75.

Preston Hollow Locations.png

1 - Pam's mother's house that Pam inherited or bought from the estate
2 - Southfork interiors from dvd s02, and replicated on a soundstage
3 - Swellen's townhome
4 - Jenna's townhome before almost marrying Bobby
5 - Holly Harwood's home
6 - Cliff's gold tower office
7 - Church in the background of JR Gas, noted in JM10's post above
8 - JR Gas, also noted in JM10's post above
9 - well known Highland Park Presbyterian Church
10 - recently the most expensive home in Texas.
11 - Preston Tower Condominiums
  • Where Kristen was calling JR from, to extort money from him in the final ep of season 4
  • Wes Parmalee’s condo (10.11)
  • As the Bradley hotel where Cliff and April stay during their search for Pam (12.1)
  • Hotel where Cally’s art is on display (13.10)
12 - Southern Methodist University (SMU)
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Curious what mapping method you use, @Bill Dilks. I put locations in custom Google map. Here’s what mine looks like in Google Maps in roughly the same area. I use the satellite view as my base map, but that can be changed.

5B088B54-C95D-4869-B693-2C6C6E6250EE.jpeg
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Curious what mapping method you use

I paste a screen shot of the road view map into MSPaint, and add the text numbers for locations. For me it's easier to visualize. I haven't used your method. I'll play with it.

I updated with #'s 13-16. Glad you included these...I forgot about them.

Preston Hollow Locations.png

The numbers are out of order for a visual flow on the map. It's built location-by-location, not left-to-right or top-to-bottom.

1 - Pam's mother's house that Pam inherited or bought from the estate
2 - Southfork interiors from dvd s02, and replicated on a sound stage
3 - Swellen's townhome
4 - Jenna's townhome before almost marrying Bobby
5 - Holly Harwood's home
6 - Cliff's gold tower office
7 - Church in the background of JR Gas, noted in JM10's post above
8 - JR Gas, also noted in JM10's post above
9 - well known Highland Park Presbyterian Church
10 - recently the most expensive home in Texas.
11 - Preston Tower Condominiums
  • Where Kristen was calling JR from, to extort money from him in the final ep of season 4
  • Wes Parmalee’s condo (10.11)
  • As the Bradley hotel where Cliff and April stay during their search for Pam (12.1)
  • Hotel where Cally’s art is on display (13.10)
12 - Southern Methodist University (SMU)
13 - Il Sorrento
14 - DaVinci's
15 - Rebecca's "Houston" home where Pam first met Rebecca
16 - Katherine's "repurchase of her family's Houston home"
 
Top