I agree. DFW.Looks like DFW in the 80's as I remember, having been through there a few times. Here's a pic I found.
![]()
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...BAgCEAE&biw=1920&bih=976#imgrc=I92mNq-yuH2TJM:
Bill is on a roll! Way to go!Bill B. - awesome job on the hotel, Turtle Creek park, and especially the Ft Worth pavilion. So tell me, what prompted you to search Ft Worth? I was honed in on Dallas for those first 5 pilots.
The skyline didn't look like the Dallas skyline .Bill B. - awesome job on the hotel, Turtle Creek park, and especially the Ft Worth pavilion. So tell me, what prompted you to search Ft Worth? I was honed in on Dallas for those first 5 pilots.
The skyline didn't look like the Dallas skyline.I figured it must be Ft. Worth as the episode had other scenes there.
Excellent! What caught my eye, but couldn't reconcile, was the tall building in the background. It looks like it has a color band around the top, like Bryan Tower in Dallas. But if I remember correctly, that color band was done years later to add a touch of style and distinction to the otherwise basic exterior.The skyline didn't look like the Dallas skyline .
the headquarters [11162].Also the next building down has 11164.I believe this location is in the Los Angeles CA. area.I have tried matching the building numbers to many streets in the city but nothing so far.Anyone have any ideas?.....Another location from Season 2...episode-"Election"...Trying to locate Cliffs election headquarters......I can see a number on the building besideView attachment 18285 the headquarters [11162].Also the next building down has 11164.I believe this location is in the Los Angeles CA. area.I have tried matching the building numbers to many streets in the city but nothing so far.Anyone have any ideas?.....
Another location from Season 2...episode-"Election"...Trying to locate Cliffs election headquarters......I can see a number on the building besideView attachment 18285 the headquarters [11162].Also the next building down has 11164.I believe this location is in the Los Angeles CA. area.I have tried matching the building numbers to many streets in the city but nothing so far.Anyone have any ideas?.....
oh, I think it was discussed earlier in the thread - it's the Ambassador Hotel or something like that. The place where RFK was shot!Another scene from the "Election" episode from Season 2.Seems like I saw this location find somewhere in this thread.Can't seem to locate it now.Anyone?
The next store front beside this one has 11164,I'm guessing this one had to be 11162.[looks like a 1 is missing from the sign.]I can't tell if it's 11162 or just 1162 with a shadow/sign border on the left
![]()
some earlier LA storefront locations were on Sepulveda Blvd, but this one doesn't appear to on that street
Yes,Election was the first episode where we saw use of the MGM sound stage in Culver City.Exteriors of LA started showing up in episodes after Runaway.interestingly, I think Election was the first episode filmed in LA. The previous episode, the much-maligned Runaway, has outdoor scenes at the real Southfork and a couple of the other locations were identified earlier to be in the Dallas area.
I don't think there were any outdoor Southfork scenes in Runaway, so I'm guessing the also much-maligned fake soundstage wasn't ready yet.
Definitely the Ambassador Hotel.Another scene from the "Election" episode from Season 2.Seems like I saw this location find somewhere in this thread.Can't seem to locate it now.Anyone?
it’s interesting - I’ve seen it written that Cliff, in the early days of the show when he hadn’t become a buffoonish loser, was supposed to be something of a Bobby Kennedy type.Definitely the Ambassador Hotel.
Awesome!...Thanks..[don't know why I didn't think of looking in Culver City!]11162 Washington in Culver City
You can still see the two rows of maroon bricks in the columns separating the storefronts.
https://goo.gl/maps/HyzZWgWWR1UEdBmHA