- Awards
- 9
At that point, it doesn't even matter to me what possessed them to kill. They simply need to be locked up for good. Let them have psychiatric meds in prison.
Seriously. I don't care if it's prison or an asylum. Lock her up for life.
At that point, it doesn't even matter to me what possessed them to kill. They simply need to be locked up for good. Let them have psychiatric meds in prison.
Seriously. I don't care if it's prison or an asylum. Lock her up for life.
George Carlin once said the death penalty only exists to satisfy a Biblical need for vengeance. Locking them up for the rest of their natural life should be punishment enough.From the little I've read and watched, there seems to be a similar discourse around the execution of convicted murderer Christa Pike.
I've just watched a BBC News short where the focus is heavily on Pike's poor mental health and trauma. The brutal torture and murder she committed is described as a "horrible tragedy". And the short ends with the line:
I don't doubt there are many on death row with similarly challenging backgrounds. But how often would this factor into the story when a murderer is male? It feels very imbalanced.
I disagree with the execution, but that's because I oppose the death sentence. Irrespective of gender.
(And wasn't the sentencing judge was a woman anyway?)
Apparently, Satan doesn't either.God doesn't want her.
Apparently, Satan doesn't either.