General Hospital Watching General Hospital

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I was shocked to see they recast Charlotte, but this was really needed. Her absence from the canvas was really glaring, and they were smart to use her to remind the viewer that Lulu can be more than just stalk BLQ 24/7. And I can buy this actress as a Cassadine/Spencer co-production.

Britt should NOT be some damsel in distress. When Pascal announced he'd armed that bomb, Britt should have conked Pascal over the head with something, then tie him up. He could wake up and Britt would announce that if she's going to get blown up, then she was going to take him with her.

With Joss, Vaughn and Ric all being held captive without....um, bathroom privileges, at least we have The Sitting Congressman, who likely peed and pooped himself simultaneously when he discovered Portia was his doctor.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
By the time Dante finished his scenes with Drew, I'd estimate Drew had been awake for two hours, maybe more. He spoke to Liz, Portia, and to Dante for some time. Not once did he ask about Scout or inquire about where she was or who was caring for her. And no, he didn't forget her---he mentioned she was at the Lila's Kids sleepover when Dante asked if he came home to an empty house. He asked where Willow was, but not his little girl.

Speaking of Scout, it's kind of neat that despite Drew's best efforts to exclude all the Q's from her life, she's walking around in her "Lila's Kids" T-shirt. Scout is indeed one of "Lila's Kids"---Lila Q is her great-grandmother.
 

Miss Victoria Foxton

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Jacinda is an interesting character. That gives me ATWT Julie Wendell vibes. Of course, GH will ruin her. A shame because this show needs a trashy lower-class ho. I would create a ''harem'' of sorts for Michael, with Jacinda a returning Sasha and Trina. And have a crazy Willow try to go after them one by one. Jacinda would be Michael's lover/side chick. Trina and Michael would form a deep friendship and attraction. While Michael grows closer to his baby mama Sasha. I would have Trina discover that Willow has DID. As Jacinda, Trina and Sasha ended up kidnapped by Willow.
 
Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I worry that Michael may me making a major mistake by relying too much on Jacinda for his alibi. She would probably change her story on a dime if Drew paid her to (or threatened her somehow). He needs to cover his bases by keeping close tabs on her activities and digging around to see what she's been up to for the past few months. He especially needs to find out what she was really doing (or who she was doing...) during Drew's shooting.

I liked that plot point today with Brick planting "evidence" in Drew's safe making it look like he (Drew) bribed the judge. This way, it looks like the judge took the money but still didn't rule in Willow's favor so he killed her. It's about time someone went on the offense against Drew. Get him booted out of Congress at least.

We ought to have Drew dodging death every few days, just to perform some fan service. Have someone drop by Drew's room with a big dose of Digitalis and then blame it on Cyrus. If he survives that, anonymously send Drew a basket of toiletries with a big bottle of Deception's new face cream. It has that "special ingredient" that sent Maxie into cardiac arrest. On second thought, it might have to be bronzer to get him to use it. Up to his shooting, Drew/CM was the color of a rotisserie chicken.
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
NLG's comments- unbelievable.
At this time, there should be compassion for Charlie Kirk's loved ones, and a recognition that what happened is tragic
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
Drew learned nothing from getting shot. And this was not nearly enough for viewers. Bring him down hard!
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
If the fake stuff that Brick planted in Drew's safe is found and publicized, Drew would logically be drummed out of office. That would be a nice development and would help my mental health since I see the writers take so, so many liberties with Drew's being a Congressman and it constantly drives me up the wall. But I said "logically" and these same liberties are not logical...so who knows? It's not lost on me that it was Sonny's guy, Brick who fabricated and placed the evidence in Drew's safe, because anyone who makes Drew's life harder will look heroic these days. Having Sonny take Drew down a few pegs allows them to reinforce this idea that Sonny is a hero who keeps everyone in Port Chuck safe from the "real" bad guys.

It's obvious that a lot of Drew's writing is done with clear intent to drive viewers up the wall, so part of me says "Don't let them bait you," with mixed results. Better writing would have Drew's douchebag behavior balanced with some humanizing moments, something or things that would give the impression that there is a human being deep down in there....but of course there is none of that. Even as he wakes up from a murder attempt* he's just picking up where he left off. All that is missing is him intentionally running over Outback with his car or tying Trina to railroad tracks.

* I've been mentally taking notes of Drew's trajectory and comparing it to that of Senator Grant Harrison on Another World in the 1990s. Long, similar story short---when Grant was shot one dark, stormy night everyone looked guilty but his cop-brother eventually figured out that Grant shot himself intending to frame his ex-wife in order to gain custody of their son. So while everyone looks at each other suspiciously, I have to wonder if we will find out Drew had someone shoot him in a non-lethal way in another of his power plays. If that turns out to be the case, then he will lose his Congressional seat just like Grant lost his Senate seat.
 

xab

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
6
I just realized reading you messages that I don't give a duck about who shot Drew. I swear I do not. I stopped watching the current episodes months ago. I'm stuck into the 95/98's era (thanxs YT...) Golden age, good writers, and all the vets we love, GH at its best.

I only read daily recaps here and there. It seems no explanation about Britt's miraculous resurrection has been given yet. She resurfaced about two months ago, didn'she ? I guess we've got to be very, very, very patient.

Dragging storylines forever seems to be the new policy.

Yawn.
 
Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
In Friday's episode, Nina invited Britt and Liesl to come home with her so they could discuss "events" in a more private setting. Liesl got Britt to admit that she had been allowing everyone to believe she was dead, so Liesl responded with one of her infamous slaps across the face (and Nina reacting as if SHE was the one who got slapped--what a family!). So if I had to guess, Britt will (finally) explain how she fooled everyone, especially her doctor mother on Monday. It was only right that she reveals this to her mother first and not Jason or Josslyn. The secrets regarding the research lab, Dalton and Pascal can come out later, since it's pretty logical to think Pascal will show up once again to try to "tie up loose ends" for whoever "he" is.

Jason will be much too busy with family business ( :rip: ) this coming week to care about Britt's problems.
 
Last edited:

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
Lulu is just...unbelievable.
Admittedly, she has some legitimate points.
But to make it almost impossible for Britt to get Medical attention - Wow
Someone at the Hospital should have stepped in, and treated Britt
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
During all the years Britt was in town after giving Rocco to the Falconeris, she never looked at Rocco twice, much less referred to him as "Ben". Obviously Britt is trying to antagonize everyone in sight to push them away before they can ask Why aren't you pushing up daisies somewhere? When Britt saw Lulu and Dante, she could have focused instead on Lulu being back (to evade the more important subject of her being alive) rather than immediately antagonizing her with all the "Ben" talk. Lord knows Lulu can't resist any bait to argue, so she fell right into that trap, giving Britt a chance to push away a roomful of people in one fell swoop. It's kind of fun to watch Britt wind Lulu up and watch her dance.

They also glazed over the fact that if Britt needed a prescription filled, she didn't need to go to the hospital's ER area---she should have gone to the pharmacy. I guess she wanted it both ways---she didn't want anyone to know she was alive, but she went to the one place in the one town where everyone would know her.
 

xab

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
6
So Britt staged her own fake death.

Thanxs Liesl for slaping the Britch.

Even if slapping the writers would have been the right thing to do.

Another plot twist that makes zero sense.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
On Monday, Liesl gave daughter Britt a much-anticipated dressing-down, and on Tuesday Nina does a similarly long-overdue dressing-down of her delusional daughter, Willow. Why couldn't THIS Nina have shown up months ago? I think Aunt Liesl is rubbing off on Nina---thank goodness!

source.gif

url
 

Monzo

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV
1
 
Awards
9
I'm currently weeks behind on all the soaps I watch. I recently saw Drew being shot on GH. My prime suspect is, as already guessed, Marco. I'm assuming the perpetrator is someone no one would miss. Besides, Adrian Anchondo is in generel too good at playing a truly bad guy for GH to miss this opportunity. Since Brad is apparently returning soon, I expect him to first warn Lucas about Marco and then save him.

I already knew Rory Gibson from Y&R, and I find his acting on GH significantly different than on Y&R, which I wouldn't have expected after his average - or even weak performance on Y&R . It seems to me as if it is important to GH that nuMichael speaks in a particularly dark manner and I think the reason for this is that they are planning for Michael to take over Sonny's empire at some point, because the way Maurice Benard is, you never know what he might up to, and in the event that GH has to do without Sonny, they would have a suitable replacement as mafia boss in Rory Gibson's Michael.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I like the way the characters are slowly learning about Monica--first Jason and Tracy, then Ned/BLQ, then Liz and the hospital staffers, etc. It's like a stone landing in a pool, with the ripples going outward. Too often GH writers skip the part(s) where all the characters are told the latest bad news, or they are told during a commercial break. This might "save time" but the viewer doesn't get to see the impact such news has on the various characters, keeping us from experiencing all the "beats" of the story. I also appreciated the expanded (by GH standards) reaction from the Sheriff, a character we never saw and likely won't see again, reminding the viewer that Monica Quartermaine is a pillar of their (fictional) community and the death of someone of her stature will hit the entire town---not just the PC residents we know.

The "Wall of Fame" at the hospital (memorializing important hospital staffers who have passed on) needs to be re-organized now. They have Steve Hardy at the top, several doctors (like Alan), nurses (Bobbie, Jessie Brewer, Epiphany) and major contributors (like Edward) all up there already. But Monica really has done it all there. She was not only a cardiologist, but she was Chief of Staff, Chairman of the Hospital Board, and has that new Cardiac Wing (that we never see) named after her. Old time fans might gripe and complain, but I would place her plaque at the top in equal size/level as Steve Hardy's. And since they're moving things around, they can take down the photo of not-quite-dead Dr. Britt Westbourne. I'm sure Liz would gladly toss it in the trash for them. ;)

There was so much "medical gear"(braces, etc.) wrapped around the head of "the truck crash victim" that it's a wonder any of the characters recognized him when he was wheeled in. The director of that scene should have made sure the home viewer could figure out who it was...or at least who it looks like. I wonder if Anna will be the one to call Liesl and inform her that....well, it's happened again. Two kids back from the dead in as many days----that's got to be some kind of record, right?

Everyone is so focused on Britt's boss ("him") being Faison or (uggghhh) Peter, but it occurred to me that Liesl suddenly having both her "dead" kids back isn't something Faison would do for her, considering he didn't especially care for her or the kids she gave him. The evil mastermind who seemed so enamored of Liesl Obrecht and had a background in resurrecting dead people is....Victor Cassadine.
 
Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
If they're going to regale us with lots of meaningful flashbacks of Monica's interactions with others, I think this one ought to be top of mind when Sonny has the momentary impulse to attend the funeral:


I DARE Frank Valentini to air that this week on GH. Decades old, but just as relevant today. And no, neither Sonny nor Carly ought to be there if either of them has an OUNCE of "respect" for Monica they claim to have.

That note in Britt's gift ("Don't forget to take your medicine. C") has all the people online saying that the "C" was for "Cesar". I propose the person who left the gift enclosed the note to call her a "C," if you know what I mean. :ms:
 
Top