General Hospital Watching General Hospital

xab

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
6
I don't get the extreme reaction viewers have about what Martin did. It's not even on the Top 100 list of bad things done on GH. Many of the current characters have done worse. In my mind, Martin has not been ruined or written into a corner. Nor should he be in prison. Again, based on actions by other PC residents. Heck, even Tracy has forged a will in her days.
The same Tracy Q. was ready to let her father die from a heart attack right under her nose... (1978)... Edward faked it, but still...
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I'm wondering if perhaps Drew's rabid insistence that Danny not be allowed near Scout is a clue that maybe Danny shot Drew---and Drew knows it.
Just as the first shot landed, Trina and Kai heard "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" playing, which was explained as the ringtone that Drew had for Scout's phone. It was explained away as Scout having called her dad's phone at the time of the shooting, but what if Danny also has that ringtone for when his sister calls him? Scout had disappeared from camp (Charlotte had left with her) around that time, so maybe she called Danny's phone to tell him she was okay (with Charlotte) and not Drew's?

Danny expressed his belief to Alexis that he "let Sam down" by allowing Scout to be separated from Danny and Rocco. Maybe he felt he had to shoot Drew to get Scout out of the "hostage situation" Drew had created for his daughter. If Drew can keep Danny from interacting with Scout, it would prevent Danny from (perhaps) confiding to Scout just what he did to try to reunite her with her brothers. If Danny can screw up the courage to tell Scout, then it stands to reason he would tell others (thereby ruining Drew's plan to make Michael go down for the shooting). Drew seems not to have a care in the world despite someone out there gunning for him---maybe because he knows Danny is unlikely to try it again. Of course when/if the truth does come out, I'm sure Drew would use it against Jason, Alexis, and everyone else who'd try to protect Danny from prosecution.
 

xab

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Is anybody going to check Nathan's coffin, start any investigation ? Cops ? Somebody ? I know Port Charles guys are used to welcome back dead-not dead-dead again-alive again characters, but this is becoming totally unrealistic. At least cryogenics a la mode Cassadine was an explanation...
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Speaking of the Cassadines, life would have been so much easier (and made a bit more sense) if they had just stuck with Liesl's lie that Nathan's father was Victor Cassadine. RP has that "Cassadine Look" about him, and he would have been much more 'connected' to others on the show (Alexis, her daughters, Nikolas, Spencer, etc.). During that whole "return of Victor" plotline, part of Victor's story could have been how angry he was at Liesl for keeping his son from him all those years. Oh, well, another wasted opportunity. Nathan's acting 95% himself and 5% weird since his return, but now that they're done with Monica's exit story I assume the Britt/Nathan/Dalton/Sidwell plot will move to the front burner. I still don't think this is Nathan, and a big part of me thinks they won't have Maxie recover until after whomever this is has been exposed and (probably) taken out of the equation just so we won't have to sit through a plot where she has her heart broken all over again by thinking she has Nathan back, only to figure out otherwise.
 

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
6
 
Awards
16
I still don't think this is Nathan, and a big part of me thinks they won't have Maxie recover until after whomever this is has been exposed

Speaking of Maxie... Kirsten Storms said she would return in January (or possibly December). But I am wondering if her return will be delayed considering she later announced that the doctors have found an aneurysm in her brain which will need to be operated away.

I don't know if she's already had the operation or if it's happening soon. But if she's still waiting for it, I have a hard time seeing her returning to work in Los Angeles (she now lives in Tennessee) that soon.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
There is a scene/interaction between the two actors floating around the web which appears to be a continuation of how their Friday scene ended----it's a spoof, thankfully.

It's just product placement/advertising for the video game he refers to in the scene, but I have to wonder why they bothered to have him lurk like that if the PP isn't going to air in the show. Product placements are famously clunky and odd when inserted into soaps, so I can overlook the oddity of it, but they set this up with needless "creepiness" as he listened to Felicia going on and on (and on and on...) about where James would be and when, as if she was purposely advertising this info to someone with ill intentions.

Being unfamiliar with this actor, I thought at first that it was a recast/disguised Faison following Felicia. Faison loves the disguises. With all the Faison chatter, his grandson might be a target we don't know about yet, and of course it was Felicia who (hopefully) killed Peter. So maybe we should "watch this space"?

Edited to add: on Friday's show, Sidwell explained away Britt's presence at Wyndemere with the hastily-created excuse that he was in the market for a private doctor. He claimed he was "ready to hire her---until he learned that she had lost her license to practice medicine". I'll bet he thought it was a clever excuse. When you consider Britt is an OB/GYN, maybe his excuse creates more questions than answers.
 
Last edited:

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
It looks like the plan is for Chase/Willow. I hope not.

On the other side, Dante/Brook Lyn? I am ok with that because Dante should be with... anybody but Lulu.

Lucas is getting completely stupid, if he thinks living in the same house as Sidwell will be OK
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Lucas is getting completely stupid, if he thinks living in the same house as Sidwell will be OK
Yeah, this had "plot contrivance" written all over it, since Attorney/nepo baby Marco and Doctor Lucas are separately wealthy enough to afford their own homes, and together they could buy something even nicer. It was amusing to hear every one of Sidwell's visitors last week make the same comment: Britt, Lucas, and Ava all chimed in that they lived at Wyndemere at one point in the past. Sidwell must think the place was a hotel.

On the other side, Dante/Brook Lyn? I am ok with that because Dante should be with... anybody but Lulu
They've managed to (mercifully) smooth down some of Lulu's rough edges, mainly via her interactions with Tracy. But yeah, I think the Lante ship has sailed. I want so much to see Chase get proven wrong and have to eat some crow, especially when BLQ was speaking so much sense to him yesterday. She has yet to confront him with an obvious question (Is he falling for Willow again?) but she did try to get him to see he's risking too much with his blind obedience to nutty Willow. I assumed long ago that Michael was stoking Chase's "hero complex" in order to get him thrown off the case (and maybe fired), but it looks like jealous Drew might make sure Chase pays for his 'devotion' to Willow.

Back when Dante and Sam were a couple, people criticized their being "too closely related," even though they merely shared a lot of relatives. Dante and BLQ are bona fide step-siblings, though, so poor Dante just can't catch a break.

In other news: I miss Dr. Obrecht! I guess they had to write her out for a while in service to the Nathan/Britt/Dalton story. They've been pretty good at easing dead Nathan back into the show without any of that pesky "Who are you/Why are you alive?/Aren't you curious about the past seven years?" stuff that ought to be on everyone's mind...but if Obrecht were around, it would be quite out of character for HER not to have questions.
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
Yeah, this had "plot contrivance" written all over it, since Attorney/nepo baby Marco and Doctor Lucas are separately wealthy enough to afford their own homes, and together they could buy something even nicer. It was amusing to hear every one of Sidwell's visitors last week make the same comment: Britt, Lucas, and Ava all chimed in that they lived at Wyndemere at one point in the past. Sidwell must think the place was a hotel.


They've managed to (mercifully) smooth down some of Lulu's rough edges, mainly via her interactions with Tracy. But yeah, I think the Lante ship has sailed. I want so much to see Chase get proven wrong and have to eat some crow, especially when BLQ was speaking so much sense to him yesterday. She has yet to confront him with an obvious question (Is he falling for Willow again?) but she did try to get him to see he's risking too much with his blind obedience to nutty Willow. I assumed long ago that Michael was stoking Chase's "hero complex" in order to get him thrown off the case (and maybe fired), but it looks like jealous Drew might make sure Chase pays for his 'devotion' to Willow.

Back when Dante and Sam were a couple, people criticized their being "too closely related," even though they merely shared a lot of relatives. Dante and BLQ are bona fide step-siblings, though, so poor Dante just can't catch a break.

In other news: I miss Dr. Obrecht! I guess they had to write her out for a while in service to the Nathan/Britt/Dalton story. They've been pretty good at easing dead Nathan back into the show without any of that pesky "Who are you/Why are you alive?/Aren't you curious about the past seven years?" stuff that ought to be on everyone's mind...but if Obrecht were around, it would be quite out of character for HER not to have questions.
Nathan - the DNA is Nathan's. No apparent injury to the brain. And is Faison alive? After his brain was removed (supposedly)

I think it is Peter August in charge. I hope there is no scientifically impossible explanation
IE Faison's memories implanted.
I think "C could be a Cassadine, or maybe Cyrus
Mikos, Victor, Stavros, Stephan, Tony - who knows.

I thought Stavros was never quite developed as much as he could have been. Of course, that story was shelved due to tragic events.

Cyrus alive, and Brennan keeping it under wraps? That would be my preference
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Nathan - the DNA is Nathan's. No apparent injury to the brain. And is Faison alive? After his brain was removed (supposedly)
They dug up Nathan's hiring records to compare the DNA on file to the man in the hospital and they said it's him. Which is fine, unless someone managed to alter the tests or the old samples somehow, which is not unheard of in soapland. I see them directing RP to play Nathan as non-committal, with none of his old charm/charisma, un-curious about the past seven years and just sort of "there" in his scenes. Now I know RP will likely never be an Oscar-winning actor but what made him a hit in the last go-round was Paevey's charm and ability to "work a camera" (that is, having screen presence). In pre-return interviews, Paevey claimed that he'd been lured back by the promise of a juicy story....but this can't be what lured him back. I guess they're getting Nathan "put into place" (back on the PCPD?) slowly in order not to draw too much attention, then plan to unleash the "juicy story".
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Britt could have (and could still) stop all this stuff with Rocco quite easily. She could step forward to the judge and explain that this was a huge misunderstanding. She could claim she had invited Rocco to come see the lab, since she was excited about the new job she'd just gotten. She got detoured by the Ned situation, so she told Rocco to meet her at the lab, giving him the key fob to let himself in. Rocco had no idea Britt had a co-worker in her lab job, and Rocco hid when Dalton arrived because he feared this stranger would think he'd broken in. Dalton overreacted because he did not know Britt had invited Rocco there, and since there was/is nothing to hide in the lab [looks around innocently], Britt has no idea why Dalton got so angry. Britt (okay, Sidwell) could then get Dalton to back up this version of events. This would allow Britt to "save" Rocco and though others (Laura, Jason, Dante) would grumble about lying to a judge, etc. they'd have to be grateful for making the whole thing go away.

If Ezra Boyle does win the election, he should not get too comfortable. When we first met Jacinda, she was entering the MetroCourt elevator with Ezra Boyle to go upstairs with him "to work". I'm thinking she was likely "at work" with Ezra the night Drew was shot, too. She was a bit nervous when she told Michael that she was alone after they parted ways at the PC Grille that night. Having her once again meeting Boyle that night would destroy Michael's alibi and likely torpedo Ezra's career in one fell swoop, so why not? Laura, while a terrible mayor by my estimation, is a better option than a sleazebag like Boyle. If Laura isn't the mayor, she'll have too much time on her hands. I mean, she might even notice that her husband has been missing since last year.
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
I think that every storyline, at this point, is being developed and redeveloped, with no real conclusion.
Who is "C"?
Nathan- what is the full story? What does Britt know?
The Father of Portia's baby?
Willow has been destroyed as a character - the only path forward would be as a "new" Heather
Gio - get over it. Dante never knew, and the others did make sure you had a loving home
Daniel Cosgrove has been surprisingly good in a role that is otherwise contrived.
Carlos Rota is a fine actor, but Sidwell is just not as formidable as Cyrus, Victor, etc.
Sidwell started out well, but he has been too toned down.
I know the Qs always have pizza on Thanksgiving but isn't it time to retire that?
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I know the Qs always have pizza on Thanksgiving but isn't it time to retire that?
I don't think the show even acknowledged Thanksgiving last year. IIRC they were in the middle of having killed off Sam, killing Dex soon after, and all that drama around Lulu waking up after the transplant. I know soaps are all about tradition (even jokes like the Q Pizza Party), but I would be okay with Tracy's first T-G as Lady of the House being a true "turkey day". Maybe Ronnie takes pity on them and sends them dinner via Instacart from North Carolina. :rolleyes:

Why they never just made reservations at some nice restaurant as a back-up is a mystery for the ages. Maybe the restaurants feared the Qs would start a food fight?
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
I have never been a Dante fan, but DZ gave a superb performance yesterday. Nuanced, a little understated, yet powerful.

Genie Francis was the Laura that I remember at her best

Portia is boring me.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
I hope this thing with Dalton/Laura is going the way it appears to be. She lambastes him in public (recorded by cel-phone-wielding voters), even slaps him, and then oopsy! He turns up dead. It's been a long time since GF has had a story that was actually "hers". But if she's going to be a suspect in a murder investigation, how are they going to explain Kevin's absence? Maybe he ran away with Ace's nanny? :rolleyes: The scenes had a strange undercurrent given she played Goddard's mother when Goddard and Francis were on Y&R together (and Tristan Rogers played his dad!). Between Drew's shooting, Judge Herran's murder (remember her?), and now Dalton's likely death, we might need to contact some temp policemen from other soap towns.

I could not figure out why I was actually looking forward to a "wrongfully accused of murder" story for Laura when there is already such a story on the canvas (Willow maintaining her innocence). Then I remembered: Laura has rootability. We want her to be cleared and want to see her triumph. Willow? Not hardly. The producers overestimated how much we the viewers would root for Willow, given all the questionable things she's done (whether manipulated into it or simply choosing to do something stupid/mean/immoral). I don't think GH thought the viewers would (overall) be indifferent to her suffering and hope that she actually goes down for Drew's shooting.

I'd forgotten that Ric knows Portia was being blackmailed by Drew---and with what. Ric, as Heather's lawyer, discovered the faked test results. It was nice to see the writers remembered this. The look on Alexis's face when Ric threw Portia's name out there was funny--trying to maintain a poker face while hearing Portia's name from an independent source.
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
Not clear, but if Alexis and Diane defend Sonny on a regular basis, is it a conflict of interest to blame Michael?
Not to mention that Michael is a brother to her daughter.

Just wondering
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
It's been so long since they've mounted a "multi-suspect crime/mystery" plot that they forgot they'd need a fleet of attorneys to represent all the suspects. There have been many instances so far where an attorney was needed but had to be excluded due to conflicts of interest like these. I recall Martin refusing to be Willow's attorney because he can't represent the suspect AND the victim....only for Drew to attempt to make Martin work with Alexis as co-counsel two weeks ago (ignoring what had been said only a week before). The budget won't allow them to cast a temp lawyer or two to help the process, either.

BTW, we won't be seeing Diane onscreen any time soon, as Carolyn Hennessy broke her leg and has had two surgeries recently. She appears to be okay, but out of commission. Some have theorized that this sudden reconciliation between Sonny and Ric was done because Hennessy was not available and Sonny needed a lawyer to help Rocco.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
Two random observations:
Do any of the other Quartermaines (other than Ned) even realize that Drew has stolen all those family heirlooms? Tracy apparently hired the movers to take all the stuff from Lulu's back to the house* but left for her "spa trip" before making sure it returned. You'd think Lulu would at least have asked if everything made it back to the house, given how relieved she'd be that it was out of her house. I'm going to assume that Drew is digging through it all trying to find something else to blackmail/irritate/annoy the Qs with, but like Ned said (right before he hit the dirt), that's out-and-out theft.

Speaking of Ned, they have not stated it in dialogue, so I wonder if he's in the "Dr. Monica Quartermaine Cardia Care Wing" at GH, or if that's no longer a "thing". When they introduced the set back in April, producers spoke of how it would be another "hub" for hospital scenes and showed all the crafting and detail that went into it. But we haven't seen it since! Even now, everyone coming to check on Ned are waiting/talking in the regular hospital area(s).

* The House that Monica Gave to Her (yes, it's kind of hokey but it needs to be said)
 
Last edited:

Monzo

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV
1
 
Awards
9
What does the rumor mill say about Carlo Rota and Nazneen Contractor? Were they a package deal, and did he get his wife the job? Sidwell had a limited run in the summer of 2024, and when he showed up in Port Charles months later (apparently with a longer-planned storyline), Nazneen Contractor also appeared for the first time. We've already seen a female district attorney flirting with Sonny twice with Claire and Margaux, and neither of those storylines were particularly exciting for me, so I didn't need to see it a third time with Justine. But Nazneen Contractor saves the day, so it's not a total disaster.

Right now, I'm missing Charles Mesure more again, since the chemistry between him and Laura Wright was great, and it would have been interesting to see if, despite all of Jack's bad decisions, we'd still root for Carly and OG Jack as a couple. But with this Jack and Carly, it's similar to Sonny and Nina back then—just okay chemistry, so it wouldn't be a big deal if they broke up.

I'm still catching up and recently watched the episode with Peter Stormare. What a shock it must have been for those who watched live to see this star unexpectedly appear! I found it interesting that they didn't give him the usual suspects, Sonny or Laura, as his scene partner, but Felicia—someone who represents the time when GH had already lost momentum, but was still good enough.
 
Top