Dallas Random Thought Thread

Jock-O-Lantern

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
1
 
Awards
7
This sets up a scene that is unintentionally pretty funny.

Bobby is getting ready to re-marry Pam. He and Ray get into an argument because Bobby is lecturing Ray on how he has been treating Donna.

Ray shoots back,
"You lecture me about my pregnant wife, but you're walking down he isle with Pam while Jenna is carrying your baby."

As he is saying this, the camera zooms out to reveal Pam has just walked in and heard this, and looks gobsmacked in her wedding dress with this white dead bird looking thing in her hair!

HAHAHAHAHA! Jeez, Ray! Next time, look around first before you drop a bomb like that.

But it gets better!

J.R. sees his chance and calls up Jenna. He basically says, "Well, everybody is all dressed up anyway, just come on down and marry Bobby right now."

That magnificent bastard! Only J.R. could actually call a woman and suggest she just drop what she's doing and come get married on the spot! I mean, we'd hate to lose the deposit on those tuxedos and everything.


View attachment 38274

I know. Lol Jenna just shows up and casually tells Pam to hand over the wedding gown. And you’d think JR had totally lost it or he doesn’t know his own brother at all if he actually thought there was a chance Bobby and Jenna was getting married. Lol
 

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
Lol Jenna just shows up and casually tells Pam to hand over the wedding gown. And you’d think JR had totally lost it or he doesn’t know his own brother at all if he actually thought there was a chance Bobby and Jenna was getting married. Lol

The funny part is that J.R. came up with the plan in the first place!

Who even thinks like that?
 

Guzzler’s Frightening Hair

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
I know. Lol Jenna just shows up and casually tells Pam to hand over the wedding gown. And you’d think JR had totally lost it or he doesn’t know his own brother at all if he actually thought there was a chance Bobby and Jenna was getting married. Lol
I don't remember, was JR officially divorced at the time? He should have offered to marry Jenna himself so he could raise Bobby's son in a reverse-Christopher twist
 

Guzzler’s Frightening Hair

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
I think he and Sue Ellen were still married and he was still messing with Mandy Winger.
ah man, too bad… the next step could have been an irate Bobby and Sue Ellen quickly getting married themselves, leading to all kinds of Southfork drama. Poor John Ross and Charlie and Christopher would be like double-half reverse step-siblings or something
 
T

ThatWingerTramp

Guest
That Peter Richards was an obsessive little creep and was very unprofessional at his camp councillor job.

He constantly hounded Sue Ellen, despite her telling him no he still continued. Fair enough she probably teased him a bit at the start, but several times before sleeping with him she said she wasn’t interested.

I wish she went to JR long before sleeping with him to get him off packing. I wish the miscarried pregnancy couldn’t has possibly been Peter’s. If this has solely been Sue Ellen and JRs loss I feel it had a chance of bringing them closer together and then hopefully another successful pregnancy to follow. Another child between them would have maybe added another dimension to their relationship and given JR the incentive to settle down more and turn into the head of the family.
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
That Peter Richards was an obsessive little creep and was very unprofessional at his camp councillor job.

He constantly hounded Sue Ellen, despite her telling him no he still continued. Fair enough she probably teased him a bit at the start, but several times before sleeping with him she said she wasn’t interested.

I wish she went to JR long before sleeping with him to get him off packing. I wish the miscarried pregnancy couldn’t has possibly been Peter’s. If this has solely been Sue Ellen and JRs loss I feel it had a chance of bringing them closer together and then hopefully another successful pregnancy to follow. Another child between them would have maybe added another dimension to their relationship and given JR the incentive to settle down more and turn into the head of the family.
I agree with your analysis, I did not like Peter.

I thought that Sue Ellen sleeping with him was a bad writing decision.

I thought that Peter's obsession with SE should have stopped short of that, further showing what a creep Peter is
 

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV
7
 
Awards
15
I agree with your analysis, I did not like Peter.

I thought that Sue Ellen sleeping with him was a bad writing decision.

I thought that Peter's obsession with SE should have stopped short of that, further showing what a creep Peter is

Peter wasn't a creep!

He was genuinely in love with Sue Ellen and wanted her so badly!

I guess he let his lust for getting her between the sheets rule his head a bit!

The one on his head I mean, not the other one even though he desired her so much and wanted to exert his manhood. :)
 

Jock-O-Lantern

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
1
 
Awards
7
Peter wasn't a creep!

He was genuinely in love with Sue Ellen and wanted her so badly!

I guess he let his lust for getting her between the sheets rule his head a bit!

The one on his head I mean, not the other one even though he desired her so much and wanted to exert his manhood. :)

Peter showing up at John Ross’ school was VERY creepy and Sue Ellen should have put an end to it right then and there.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
Speaking of Ray and Sue Ellen, not only should they have been paired up (temporarily) after Ray and Donna divorced and during the Mandy Winger affair, but JR should have found out about their one night stand. The drama between the three of them could have been epic.

I also think there should have been a storyline dealing with the fallout of Christopher learning that Sue Ellen is his natural aunt. They could have brought Patricia back for that.

Finally, we should have gotten some resolution to the Wes Parmelee story. It certainly would have given Clayton and Miss Ellie something to do other than stand around and wring their hands over JR's bad behavior.
 

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Star
LV
0
 
Awards
8
Speaking of Ray and Sue Ellen, not only should they have been paired up (temporarily) after Ray and Donna divorced and during the Mandy Winger affair, but JR should have found out about their one night stand. The drama between the three of them could have been epic.

I also think there should have been a storyline dealing with the fallout of Christopher learning that Sue Ellen is his natural aunt. They could have brought Patricia back for that.

Finally, we should have gotten some resolution to the Wes Parmelee story. It certainly would have given Clayton and Miss Ellie something to do other than stand around and wring their hands over JR's bad behavior.
Agreed you make good points.
 

Jock-O-Lantern

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
1
 
Awards
7
Finally, we should have gotten some resolution to the Wes Parmelee story. It certainly would have given Clayton and Miss Ellie something to do other than stand around and wring their hands over JR's bad behavior.

You mean JR putting the entire family in danger and almost causing WWIII? Lol Speaking on Parmelee, I’m on the aftermath and they kinda did keep that storyline going. It was all over and Clayton was hell bent on still killing this man, for what, I have no idea.
 

Jock-O-Lantern

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
1
 
Awards
7
One thing I’ve noticed. Pam and Clayton had very little interaction, even when she moved back to Southfork.

Just watched the episode where they got home from the BD Calhoun affair. Lol…Pam is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I can kinda see why Cliff sometimes loses with her. Here she is talking about trying to keep the Ewing/Barnes feud from happening, then JR ask her what deals Cliff is trying to make and she just start naming companies like she was handling out candy. JR looks at her as if to say, I didn’t think it would be that easy. Lol
 

Jock-O-Lantern

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
1
 
Awards
7
The Ewing’s certainly liked using the word “family” when they were in trouble. Watching Bobby pull the “family” card when Jack finally returns after Jamie’s death.
 

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV
8
 
Awards
22
I wish more on Jock's World War II activities would have been explained. Did he make any friends during his years of service that helped him in business later? All I remember being mentioned is his affair with Margret Hunter, hence the birth of Ray in 1945 and saving families in Holland.

Did Clayton serve in WWII?
 

Jock-O-Lantern

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
1
 
Awards
7
I wish more on Jock's World War II activities would have been explained. Did he make any friends during his years of service that helped him in business later? All I remember being mentioned is his affair with Margret Hunter, hence the birth of Ray in 1945 and saving families in Holland.

Did Clayton serve in WWII?

Please no, because they would have put yet another halo over Jock’s head. Lol
 
Top