Episode 16 - "Enter Alexis"

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
Dynasty was an adult show.

Are you sure? I mean i fell in love with Dynasty when i was 12, and all the adults around me laughed about the show. :lol:
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
Why not keep the "horror" in the title? :D
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
I really agree with this. It's teen soap fodder. They wont take any serious risks with it, Steven is proof of that. He's more or less the same as he was in the mid '80s. This Dynasty wants to be seen as modern and forward thinking but really it's just not on the right network for that. It's still very conservative I think.

God you're right. Pure soap fodder! This Dynastic!!!!
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
American Horror Crime Soap Story?
I meant I wish it was written and produced by the same team as AHS.
Wasn't that TNT Dallas?
CWDynasty isn't even good enough to wipe the ass of TNTDallas.

The worst thing about NuDynasty isn't because it doesn't look or feel like Dynasty, but because it doesn't look like a soap at all.
It's faux-soap, but the faux-part is not replaced with something else - a vision or identity or something that would make me think "that's NuDynasty".

It is NOTHING. It is un-television. It's like the worst of Desperate Housewives, but without the redeeming factor of being Desperate Housewives.
None of the actors have any charisma, apart from the actor who plays Sammy Jo and that's because he's pretty and cute and because he plays a gay man, so my opinion isn't very unbiased I'm afraid.

I cannot believe I've actually supported this idea - of course I didn't know how good or bad it would be, but I had not expected that it would be nothing at all.
This show should never be cancelled. No, it should be a constant reminder of what Zero Creativity looks like, and become a catchphrase in the style of "some movement in front of a camera and then we called it a soap".

Kill off every character and turn this into: A Mouthful Of Dynasty - The Sammy Jo Monologues and then I might be ready to negotiate again.
Until then I'm no longer available for any comments. After all, how am I supposed to comment on...nothing?



by Willie B. Oleson for The Denver Mirror
 
Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
I meant I wish it was written and produced by the same team as AHS.

CWDynasty isn't even good enough to wipe the ass of TNTDallas.

The worst thing about NuDynasty isn't because it doesn't look or feel like Dynasty, but because it doesn't look like a soap at all.
It's faux-soap, but the faux-part is not replaced with something else - a vision or identity or something that would make me think "that's NuDynasty".

It is NOTHING. It is un-television. It's like the worst of Desperate Housewives, but without the redeeming factor of being Desperate Housewives.
None of the actors have any charisma, apart from the actor who plays Sammy Jo and that's because he's pretty and cute and because he plays a gay man, so my opinion isn't very unbiased I'm afraid.

I cannot believe I've actually supported this idea - of course I didn't know how good or bad it would be, but I had not expected that it would be nothing at all.
This show should never be cancelled. No, it should be a constant reminder of what Zero Creativity looks like, and become a catchphrase in the style of "some movement in front of a camera and then we called it a soap".

Kill off every character and turn this into: A Mouthful Of Dynasty - The Sammy Jo Monologues and then I might be ready to negotiate again.
Until then I'm no longer available for any comments. After all, how am I supposed to comment on...nothing?



by Willie B. Oleson for The Denver Mirror

This is so beautiful I might quote it forever.

xoxo love you always tonnnie xoxo.
 

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
I meant I wish it was written and produced by the same team as AHS.

CWDynasty isn't even good enough to wipe the ass of TNTDallas.

The worst thing about NuDynasty isn't because it doesn't look or feel like Dynasty, but because it doesn't look like a soap at all.
It's faux-soap, but the faux-part is not replaced with something else - a vision or identity or something that would make me think "that's NuDynasty".

It is NOTHING. It is un-television. It's like the worst of Desperate Housewives, but without the redeeming factor of being Desperate Housewives.
None of the actors have any charisma, apart from the actor who plays Sammy Jo and that's because he's pretty and cute and because he plays a gay man, so my opinion isn't very unbiased I'm afraid.

I cannot believe I've actually supported this idea - of course I didn't know how good or bad it would be, but I had not expected that it would be nothing at all.
This show should never be cancelled. No, it should be a constant reminder of what Zero Creativity looks like, and become a catchphrase in the style of "some movement in front of a camera and then we called it a soap".

Kill off every character and turn this into: A Mouthful Of Dynasty - The Sammy Jo Monologues and then I might be ready to negotiate again.
Until then I'm no longer available for any comments. After all, how am I supposed to comment on...nothing?



by Willie B. Oleson for The Denver Mirror


Also I love this. Please be forever immoarialised. You are amazing.
 
Top