Not one note we've heard yet of the "supposed" new theme song...

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Yes, the end theme is some funky crap just like they did for Melrose Place. Reboot or revival or whatever it needs the Dynasty theme...just updated!!!! They cheated us the way MP did!
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
Technically if you listen to end credits, you will listen to its theme song. Frankly, all things considered, I now consider it a blessing they don't give more time to it.
And I just worked out that's the piece of music I liked from the pilot. They use that piece as the closing theme.
 

Don Howard

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Technically if you listen to end credits, you will listen to its theme song. Frankly, all things considered, I now consider it a blessing they don't give more time to it.

I watched the show On Demand where the end credits are uncrunched and we get to hear the "theme" without anyone talking over it and thought, "This isn't theme music. It's just noise".
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
The whole music on nuDynasty is just noise. So that "theme song" fits in just perfect. :re:
I don't get it. They want to remake a soap of a very wealthy family and then use that kind of music throughout the episodes.
As if they somehow don't want it to be a success. :confused:
 

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
21
The whole music on nuDynasty is just noise. So that "theme song" fits in just perfect. :re:
I don't get it. They want to remake a soap of a very wealthy family and then use that kind of music throughout the episodes.
As if they somehow don't want it to be a success. :confused:
Shows today are very slick and the production elements, including the acting, are very consistent. So even the most uninspired series is competent on a level older programs couldn't always guarantee.

The result is that a contemporary series' lack of inspiration is sufficiently masked. While older series would sometimes intermix inspired, great moments, great scenes, great seasons with ones which were awful. So there was greater fluctuation.

At the same time, there are so many ways today for the brass to profit from even a bomb or short-lived program, that I'm sure that's got to affect their mindset.

They don't want it to fail. But they're not all that concerned if it does.

That winds up being both good and bad for the show and the audience: there's less destructive neurosis, but less raw inspiration, too.

It's all about constructive competence now. Not that that's a bad thing, but sometimes that's all there is.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
21
BTW: I noticed that during the wedding in nuDYNASTY's pilot, they played, however briefly, Dubussy's "Maid with Flaxen Hair" just as oldSteven did in one of my favorite, quiet scenes from the 1980 pilot when oldSteven played it for oldKrystle in the conservatory after oldMisterAtherton snooted her out.

s1e1p10.jpg


We're mostly watching to see how the new version compares, what little tributes it makes to the original. But for an general audience who isn't doing that at all, I'm not sure this remake will have enough to keep them around. Theme or no theme.
 

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV
5
 
Awards
11
Technically if you listen to end credits, you will listen to its theme song.

True, and in a much different arrangement; the fourth-season Hart to Hart closing theme seemed to sound like a sped-up version of the title track that year (I may be incorrect; listen for yourself).
 

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
5
 
Awards
11
I'm watching Party of Five on Netflix, and it's theme song was introduced until the sixth episode.
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
YEEEEESSSSSS! :spinning::dance::spinning::dance::spinning::dance::spinning::dance:

:lollin:
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Finally! I just typed in reboot on google to see if they are making anymore of them and then the article came up for the new theme!
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
nuDALLAS eventually returned to the split-screen actor credits for the opening titles. Didn't save the show.
The little nuDynasty theme is very nice I think. An added little bonus that they didn't really have to do. I like the way they used the main cast in it. It's like the old one on fast forward which is basically what this show seems to be anyway.
 
Top