Original Dynasty stuff that should be avoided?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
I guess this only applies to post-season 2 storylines.

It would be hilarious if they would include the new-faced Steven II storyline.
Blake will not be searching for Steven and Cristal and Fallon won't become friends.
In that case they would kill two birds with one stone:)
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I guess this only applies to post-season 2 storylines.

Actually, I never really cared for how they handled Dr. Toscanni in season 2. Somebody else suggested that he start off as a genuine friend to Blake who's guilty over having feelings for Krystle (and maybe Fallon), but then as time goes on, he makes the discovery that Blake may be involved with his brother's death, and then goes after Krystle (and of course Fallon).

And I never cared much for Steven wanting to be a race car driver.

Oh yes, and Blake should NOT rape Krystle. That wouldn't fly today. And maybe Blake doesn't have that big of an issue with Steven's sexuality, although he still criticizes his son's life-choices.

It would be hilarious if they would include the new-faced Steven II storyline.

Ehh... how so? I mean, in order to do that, they'd have to hire one actor, the hire a second actor. And that would only happen in the first place if the first guy quit or was fired. Not unless you wanna go the route Snarky had in mind with the second Steven turning out to be an impersonator? That might be interesting...

Blake will not be searching for Steven and Cristal and Fallon won't become friends.
In that case they would kill two birds with one stone:)

Orrr, Blake could stil search for Steven, but not be so stupid about it. lol But I liked Fallon and Krystle becoming friends. I'd just have them become friends at a much slower pace. :)
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
but then as time goes on, he makes the discovery that Blake may be involved with his brother's death
Well, hmm, I find it all so bland and random. It's interesting to know more about Carrington's history, but some no-body who just happened to work on one of Blake's projects?
That storyline could apply to almost everyone. I'd hate to see all and sundry coming to Denver to avenge the death/misfortune of their loved-ones (characters we've never seen and who are also not strongly connected with the Carringtons).
"Hi Blake, back in 1979 you forgot to tip the waitress - who happens to be my sister! - and now I'm gonna make you suffer!"
Ehh... how so?
Because, assuming that the new actor isn't going to quit after 2 seasons, it would make the re-cast (and the story made up for it) *completely* unnecessary. How would the show benefit from that? Isn't a re-cast one of the first things to avoid?
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Well, hmm, I find it all so bland and random. It's interesting to know more about Carrington's history, but some no-body who just happened to work on one of Blake's projects?
That storyline could apply to almost everyone. I'd hate to see all and sundry coming to Denver to avenge the death/misfortune of their loved-ones (characters we've never seen and who are also not strongly connected with the Carringtons).
"Hi Blake, back in 1979 you forgot to tip the waitress - who happens to be my sister! - and now I'm gonna make you suffer!"

But we're not talking about *every* new character doing that whole revenge plot thingy, just Toscanni. And the notion that he starts off as an actual friend who becomes an enemy... well, I wouldn't call that bland, and not necessarily random. ^^

Because, assuming that the new actor isn't going to quit after 2 seasons, it would make the re-cast (and the story made up for it) *completely* unnecessary. How would the show benefit from that? Isn't a re-cast one of the first things to avoid?

Well yeah, but you said, "It would be hilarious if they would include the new-faced Steven II storyline." And I wanted to know how it would be hilarious. Not unless you meant "hilarious" as in "ironic" or something like that.
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
They should avoid to write off Rita and Joel, or at least Rita!
Cristal should be held in that attic forever and die there, she should die-nasty, and Rita should get it all! :dance:
That's what i wanted for the original show as well, Rita was much more fun! :D
Because then Jeanatte's famous sentence "She hasn't been herself in years" of the last season would have made even more sense! ;)
Oh, and i want that Cristal-Rita exchange already to happen by the end of season 2!
 
Last edited:

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
1
 
Awards
6
They should definitely avoid European families at all costs! In fact once the DYNASTY MK2 airs it should have a scene between Fallon and Blake mocking the Moldavian Masscre in their own way

Fallon: Daddy I don't like you going to that part of Eastern Europe without any security, you know what happened with that small country back in the mid eighties

Blake: Hardly anyone died in that skirmish Fallon!

They should also avoid the whole 'rich people good, poor people bad' mindset, that's what blighted season 4 for me.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
If they're smart, then they should withhold the "Alexis" character for at least 4 seasons. Because many viewers will want to watch the moment she returns to Denver, and they need to stretch NuDynasty for as long as possible. Then, after season 4 or 5, we'll have 5 wonderful Alexis-seasons and after that 2 or 3 Sable-seasons. It could be 13 seasons!
Of course she should be mentioned every now and then - to tease the audience, but this time I'd introduce Ben for Blake's trial. Perhaps Cecil could orchestrate the whole thing eventhough he has no intention to send Blake to prison.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
If they're smart, then they should withhold the "Alexis" character for at least 4 seasons. Because many viewers will want to watch the moment she returns to Denver, and they need to stretch NuDynasty for as long as possible. Then, after season 4 or 5, we'll have 5 wonderful Alexis-seasons and after that 2 or 3 Sable-seasons. It could be 13 seasons!
Of course she should be mentioned every now and then - to tease the audience, but this time I'd introduce Ben for Blake's trial. Perhaps Cecil could orchestrate the whole thing eventhough he has no intention to send Blake to prison.
Yea. I cant wait to watch a CW show for 4 seasons until a counterfeit Alexis shows up. The people who are running this reboot killed off their show's "Pam Ewing" in like season 3.
 

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV
9
 
Awards
24
In reference to Steven, I'm reminded of a plotline from The Edge of Night. Nancy Karr, the heroine of the show, was kidnapped and held in a sinister clinic she'd been investigating. The clinic was run by a couple who gave plastic surgery makeovers and new identities to mobsters, etc. who needed to "disappear". Anyway, through some twist Nancy ended up in one of their beds, her entire face wrapped in bandages. Since the actress was so well-loved, people freaked out because it looked as if they had recast the part. The longer Nancy sat around with her face bandaged, the more upset fans got, so imagine everyone's surprise when those bandages came off and it was the same actress! The whole plot twist was done to play with the viewers, and I could imagine new Dynasty doing something similar, just to show they're following the original, but not totally.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
If they're smart, then they should withhold the "Alexis" character for at least 4 seasons. Because many viewers will want to watch the moment she returns to Denver, and they need to stretch NuDynasty for as long as possible. Then, after season 4 or 5, we'll have 5 wonderful Alexis-seasons and after that 2 or 3 Sable-seasons. It could be 13 seasons!
Of course she should be mentioned every now and then - to tease the audience, but this time I'd introduce Ben for Blake's trial. Perhaps Cecil could orchestrate the whole thing eventhough he has no intention to send Blake to prison.

4 seasons? 0_0 I don't wanna wait 4 season for Alexis to show up - even if it is a fake one. lol
 
Top