Shot Through the Heart

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
"About Sue Ellen…"

"If you're going to talk bad about her or tell me I can't bring her home after the trial, save your breath. If you and Daddy make me choose between the two of you or my wife, I choose her."

"No, JR," Ellie sighed heavily. "I was going to tell you that Jock and I talked. We want you to bring her home. And we're sorry for the way we acted. You're finally taking care of your family. We're very proud of you for that."

"Well, don't be too proud, Mama. I don't know if Sue Ellen will be a free woman after the trial or not. I don't know if she wants to be married to me anymore. And today is going to bring you more public humiliation."

"Well. Whatever happens, we'll get through it. Together. As a family, JR."

"Mama…"

"I don't know why you are the way you are. But you're my son. My first born. And I love you. No matter what, JR, your father and I love you."

She reached out her arms to him. He hesitated for only a moment before hugging her tightly.

LOVE THIS......... JR is standing up for his woman, mama is showing JR love and pride.
But she doesn't know why JR is the way he is? ugh, Really?.
This was another exchange that needed to happen years ago.

Proud of JR for what he said on the stand. It def would explain the lack of lil jr's running round, protection or no.

Really liking Pam (and yes it's still a really weird feeling to not wanna slap or strangle her).

However Cliff fits into this I still think he's a scuzzball.

And loving McSween and as far as I'm concerned he can bend, break or violate any damn rule or law he wants as long as he saves my girl.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.

The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."

***

Shot Through the Heart

Part Sixteen:

***

"JR take the boy to his mama again?"

Ellie looked up to see Jock come into the living room. "Yes. He said they were spending the night."

"He should just bring her on home," Jock groused, making himself a drink.

"She won't come back here," Lucy said from the couch.

"Why the hell not?" Jock asked. "This is her home."

"It was her home, Grandpa. Until you decided she was guilty without a trial and demanded we all let her rot in jail without bail. Until you called her a drunken slut and forbade everyone in this family, including her own husband, to have any contact with her."

"So? No harm, no foul. You and JR helped her anyway. And Bobby and Pam are over there right now!"

"Don't you see, Jock, there was harm," Ellie said softly. "We've hurt Sue Ellen very deeply. We turned our back on her, content to believe that she tried to kill our son with absolutely no evidence. If I was her, I wouldn't come back either."

"Well. Hell," Jock ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "We made a mistake. We're not perfect. How do I make it right with her?"

"An apology would be a good place to start, Grandpa."

Jock slammed his empty drink onto the bar. "Well, hell," he said again. "If that's what it takes, that's what I'll do."

***

"What do you think those two are whispering about?"

Bobby followed Sue Ellen's gaze to JR and Pam who were standing alone in the kitchen, whispering urgently to one another. "Who knows. Maybe Cliff."

"They're making me nervous," Sue Ellen sighed.

"Yeah. We should probably go break it up."

"No," Sue Ellen said softly. "Let them talk. It looks important."

"It looks dangerous," Bobby corrected her. ""But whatever you say."

***

"That woman has lost her mind!"

"JR!" Pam admonished him. "She's scared! And honestly, after all you've done to her, can you blame her?"

"Pam, I already told her I didn't hold her responsible for any of this!"

"Yes. But she thinks you're just caught up in the adrenalin. JR, please. Try to reassure her."

"Don't you worry. I know how to take care of my wife."

"Really? Because you certainly never do!"

"You need to mind your own damn business…." He stopped in the middle of his sentence. Pam had been a good friend to Sue Ellen through this entire ordeal and she was only trying to help. "Okay, Pam. I get the message."

"Good," Pam smiled at him. "Because I love her. And she loves you."

"And I love her too, Pam," JR said earnestly. "I truly do."

***

Everyone in the room jumped when the doorbell rang. "Are we expecting anyone else?" Kiefer asked.

"I am," McSween said, standing up. He went to the door and led another man into Sue Ellen's apartment. "This is Detective Phillips. He was the lead investigator in JR's case."

"Yes. He testified for the prosecution," Kiefer said. "What's he doing here?"

"Tell them, Phillips," McSween gestured for him to take a seat.

"There's something you folks should know," Phillips confessed. "I've made a terrible mistake. I need to come clean."

***

"Pam? You're awfully quiet."

Pam sighed and got into the bed beside her husband. "Would you believe I'm thinking about how to get away with shooting my brother?"

"After what we heard from Detective Phillips tonight, I'd have no trouble believing that at all."

"I know he hates JR. But to do that to Sue Ellen?"

"Cliff saw a way to hurt JR and he jumped on it. He doesn't give a damn about hurting Sue Ellen, you, or anyone else."

"Obviously. He was going to send her to prison!"

"Pam…"

"What?"

"JR is going to hurt him for this. He's going to hurt him real bad."

"Good," Pam said, her voice full of anger. "Cliff deserves to be hurt. I might even volunteer to help."

***

Sue Ellen's head was swimming. So much had happened in such a short period of time. For the first time since the start of the trial, she actually believed she might be found not guilty.

"He asleep?" JR asked, coming into the bedroom.

"Yes," Sue Ellen smiled down at her son. "Thank you for bringing his playpen."

"If you decide not to come back to Southfork after the trial, we'll need to get you a bigger place. He'll need his own bedroom."

"Yes. Thank you, JR," she said coldly, turning away from him..

"Wait," he grabbed her arm to stop her from walking away. "What did I say?"

"Nothing. It doesn't matter."

"I'll be damned, Sue Ellen," he growled. "Spill it."

"I guess I thought you'd wait until at least after the trial to put me aside."

"Put you aside?" He repeated. "What are you talking about?"

"You're already talking about me moving away from Southfork and into a new apartment permanently!"

"Sue Ellen, have you lost your damn mind?" He couldn't stop himself from chuckling at her.

"You think this is funny?" She seethed.

"Come on, Miss Texas. It's a little funny how bad I am at this."

"How bad you are at what?" She demanded.

"Giving you space. Being patient. Letting you take the lead."

"What are you talking about?" She stamped her foot in frustration and yanked her arm, trying to get away from him.

He burst out into full blown laughter and pulled her close up against his body. "Listen to me, woman," he said once he could catch his breath. "I want you back at Southfork. I'd carry you and John Ross back right now, on foot, if I thought you'd go. I don't know if you'll want to live with my parents again after everything that's happened. I don't even know if you'll want to live with me. I was just saying I'd get you a bigger apartment if that's what you want!"

"What if that is what I want, JR? Are you going to just put me and John Ross in an apartment and let me go?"

"Hell no," he said, his voice suddenly low and silky. "If you decide you want an apartment, I'll move in there with you. If you won't let me do that, then I'll come over every night."

"What if that's not what I want?"

"It is," he growled. "It's exactly what you want. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so pissed about the possibility of me putting you away from me."

"JR, you…."

He dropped his head without warning and silenced her words with a hot, deep kiss. Bolts of electricity shot through her entire body and she deeply, tangling her hands in his hair and kissing him back desperately. He dropped his hands, cupped her firm bottom and pressed her tightly against his erection. The kiss went on and on. "Sue Ellen," he ground out when he finally lifted his head, his eyes heavy and dark with lust, "I'm not letting you go without a serious fight. I want you. I want the chance to be the kind of husband that I always should have been, the kind of husband that you deserve."

"Oh, JR," she sagged against him, "I wish I could believe you."

"Give me a chance, honey. I swear I'll prove it to you."

"JR…" she moaned, "I want you."

"I want you too, honey," he pressed himself against her again. "Feel that?"

"Yes."

"But we can't, honey. I don't want our first time back together to be just about lust. I want you to trust me. I want it to be a real commitment."

"But…"

"No buts, Miss Texas. We always make the same mistake. We come together in heat and never talk, never solve our real problems."

"Yes," she sighed sadly. "That's true."

"You're my wife. It's high time I started treating you with the respect you deserve, don't you think?"

"That would be very nice, JR."

"It will be perfect, Sue Ellen. This time it will be perfect."

"So….the couch for you again tonight?"

"I'm afraid so," he laughed. "I'll need a cold shower first though, because I'm going to kiss you again."

"You are?"

"Yes," he lowered his lips to hers, "I am."

***
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Ohhhh they should really take the opportunity to move out on their own. I also love the little things that remind us they do share a son, the playpen line was cute and reminds me of when JR was playing with the blocks with John Ross at Sue Ellen's little townhouse :)
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Ohhhh they should really take the opportunity to move out on their own. I also love the little things that remind us they do share a son, the playpen line was cute and reminds me of when JR was playing with the blocks with John Ross at Sue Ellen's little townhouse :)

Totally agree. Or they should at least build their own place ON Southfork.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.

The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."

***
Shot Through the Heart

Part Seventeen:

***

"Sue Ellen certainly seemed to be in a much better mood today,* Pam smiled at JR.

"Did she?" He grinned.

"She certainly did. She said it was about Phillp's testimony, but I'm betting it was something else that put that smile on her face."

"Like what?"

"Like a big pain in the a…"

"Here comes Sue Ellen and Kiefer," Bobby interrupted them, sitting down beside Pam. "Still no sign of Cliff."

"I hope he's a no-show," JR growled. "The judge will lock him up for contempt."

"All rise!"

"Be seated," the judge grunted. "The defense will call its next witness."

"I recall Detective Jack Phillips to the stand," Kiefer stood.

"Detective Phillips," Kiefer approached the witness box, "you were the lead detective on the Ewing shooting case and have already testified before this court that Mrs. Ewing's prints were found on the gun that shot JR Ewing, correct?"

"Yes."

"When Mr. Ewing was first shot, was Mrs. Ewing a suspect?"

"No. I sent some men to the hospital right after the shooting to question the family. Jock and Bobby Ewing gave us a list of suspects. Mrs. Ewing wasn't one of them. After Mr. Ewing woke up, I talked to him. He never mentioned Mrs. Ewing either."

"When did Mrs. Ewing become a suspect? After her prints were found on the gun?"

"No. Before that. Detective McSween had told me she and JR didn't get along and that she had a drinking problem. I started checking and realized she didn't have an alibi."

"But you didn't question her until after she was arrested. Why?"

"I had a list of suspects as long as my arm. I was getting around to it. Then Jock Ewing found the gun and we got the forensics back."

"The night that Jock Ewing called the police to alert them he had found a recently fired gun in the house, where were you?"

"Meeting with the DA in his office. I needed a search warrant for camera footage of a business in downtown Dallas that wasn't cooperating. He told me he was getting me a search warrant for Mr. and Mrs. Ewing's bedroom at Southfork."

"Did he say why?'

"Yes. He said he had gotten an anonymous tip that the gun was hidden in their closet."

"Then you got a call that the gun had been found?"

"Yes."

"How did the District Attorney react?"

"Strangely."

"What do you mean?"

"He told me to check the gun against Mrs. Ewing's prints first. I thought that was odd. I mean, she was a suspect, but she wasn't the best suspect as far as I was concerned. I was still looking at Cliff Barnes."

"Did the DA say anything else that night?"

"Yes. He said he would get me the warrant and that when I got the footage I should concentrate on locating Mrs. Ewing's car close to the Ewing building. Then he told me…"

"Please go on, Detective Phillips."

"He told me not to mention the anonymous tip about the gun to anyone. He said since Jock Ewing had found the gun on his own, we wouldn't need to involve his witness."

"Did that make sense to you?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because whoever his witness was, I wanted to talk to them and ask them how they knew the gun was in that closet."

"What happened next?"

"The lab found Mrs. Ewing's prints on the gun. She was arrested."

"And you questioned her?"

"Yes."

"Were you satisfied she was the shooter?"

"No, I was not. That gun was in her home, stored in her closet. She could have touched it any time. Her prints didn't mean a whole lot."

"Did the DA agree with you?"

"No. He was adamant that Mrs. Ewing was the only suspect he wanted my investigation to focus on. He told me he was moving forward with charging her with attempted first degree murder and that I was to focus on collecting evidence that supported his case."

"Detective Phillips, in the course of collecting that evidence, did you find evidence implicating someone other than Mrs. Ewing?"

"Yes. I found Miss Sheppard's car on the security footage near the Ewing Building that night."

"Anything else?"

"I confirmed that Miss Sheppard had been having an affair with Mr. Ewing and that she was spending a lot of time with Cliff Barnes."

"Did you inform the DA?"

"Yes. But by that time he had already filed charges against Mrs. Ewing and his office had taken the case over completely. He told me that he wasn't interested in evidence against anyone other than Sue Ellen Ewing. And then he told me that my work was done and he was going to recommend to my Captain that I be taken off the case and put back into rotation at the police station."

"So you dropped the case?"

"I had no choice."

"When was the next time you talked to the DA?"

"About a week before this trial started. He and I had an appointment to go over my testimony, but I caught a murder so I needed to postpone. I called his office and they told me he was out to dinner."

"What did you do?"

"I went by the restaurant. I wanted to explain to him in person why I had to postpone our meeting."

"Did you speak to him?"

"No. I didn't."

"Why?"

"Because when I got to the restaurant and found him, he wasn't alone."

"Who was he with?"

"Cliff Barnes."

The spectators began murmuring and the judge raised a warning eyebrow.

"Detective Phillips, it's possible that the District Attorney was meeting with Mr. Barnes to prep his testimony, yes?"

"Possible, yes. But I don't think that's what was going on."

"Why?"

"Because they were laughing and drinking. They were drinking champagne. Looked to me like they were celebrating something. Then…"

"What?"

"I saw a woman sit down at the table with them."

"Did you recognize the woman?"

"Yes."

"Who was it?"

"Kristen Sheppard."

"And how did our esteemed DA greet Miss Sheppard."

"He kissed her. "

"Did that bother you?"

"Of course."

"But you never said anything."

"I couldn't. The District Attorney is the most powerful law enforcement official in Dallas. It all looked bad, but there could have been an innocent explanation. He was in charge of the case by then. Not me. He seemed convinced that Mrs. Ewing was guilty. I figured he must have had reasons he wasn't sharing with me."

"But you were concerned enough that you checked to see if our DA has any private connections with Mr. Barnes and Miss Sheppard, were you not?"

"Yes."

"What did you find?"

"The DA and Mr. Barnes went to college together and they served in the Dallas DA's office together for years. They're good friends."

"Detective Phillips, you've been silent about this from the beginning. Why are you coming forward now?"

"When Detective McSween called me and told me you were asking for new search warrants and why, I jumped at the chance to help. It always bothered me that the DA wouldn't let me take a closer look at Miss Sheppard."

"After reviewing the results of those search warrants, what is your professional opinion regarding who shot JR Ewing?"

"Well, I couldn't say for one hundred percent sure, but in my professional opinion, Mrs. Ewing isn't the one who should be on trial."

"Who should be?"

"Kristen Sheppard."

"Nothing further, your honor."

"Does the state wish to cross?" The judge asked.

"Your honor,' the DA stood on shaky legs. "Given the circumstances, I'd like to request a recess so that I can meet with you and defense counsel in your chambers."

"I think that's an excellent idea," the judge grunted. "We stand in recess until 1 p.m."

***

JR glanced at his watch and grimaced. "This is taking too long."

"Calm down, JR," Bobby told his brother. "I'm sure they have a lot to talk about."

"Where the hell is Harry?"

"JR," Pam said softly, "everything is going to be fine."

"But what if…"

"It's over, JR," Bobby assured him. "Sue Ellen will be a free woman by one o'clock."

"I hope so, Bob. But I won't feel secure about any of this until I see McSween come through those doors with Barnes and Kristen in cuffs."

***

Sue Ellen shook her head in disbelief. She couldn't believe what had just happened.

The DA had confessed that Cliff had come to him shortly after the shooting, proclaiming his innocence and offering to make a witness available who could implicate the real shooter. That witness had been Kristen. She'd told the DA that she had witnessed Sue Ellen shoot JR and that Sue Ellen had threatened to kill her if she didn't help cover it up. She told him she was afraid for her life, that both JR and Sue Ellen would kill her without a second thought if she came forward.

He had believed every word. He'd promised to build a case without her, and that when the time came for her to testify, he would personally guarantee her safety. They had spent a lot of time together preparing for the trial and eventually he had started sleeping with her.

"You have to understand," the DA said in a small voice. "I believed her. I...I fell in love with her. I didn't frame you, Mrs. Ewing. I just made sure that any evidence against Kristen didn't come to light."

"My sister is a world class con artist," Sue Ellen told him coldly. "Better men than you have been fooled by her charms."

"Yes. So I heard during the trial."

"You have two choices," the judge told the DA. "I'm sure that if this case goes to the jury, Mrs. Ewing would be found not guilty. But I can't let this farce of a trial continue. You can either drop the charges or I'll declare a mistrial. Up to you."

"I'll drop the charges," the DA shrugged.

"In open court," Kiefer demanded. "My client has been accused and humiliated in public. I want her cleared the same way."

"Agreed," the judge nodded. "As for you, Mr. District Attorney, I'd expect a very serious letter from the Texas Bar Association."

"Yes. I'll resign by the end of the week."

"Good. See you all back in the courtroom at 1:00. And Mrs. Ewing?"

"Yes?"

"Please accept my sincerest apologies for this travesty of justice."

***

JR sat up straight when he saw Sue Ellen and Kiefer come back into the courtroom. She met his eyes, smiled, and winked at him.

"That looks promising," Bobby grunted.

"All rise!"

The judge motioned for everyone to sit and turned his steely gaze on the DA. "I understand the District Attorney would like to make a statement?"

'Yes. Your honor," the DA stood. "I was contacted by Mr. Cliff Barnes and Miss Kristen Sheppard early on in this case. I had a long time friendship with Mr. Barnes. He convinced me that Miss Sheppard was honest and trustworthy. She told me she saw Mrs. Ewing shoot her husband. I believed her. I even started a personal relationship with her. That prevented me from seeing that the evidence in this case all pointed to her, not to Mrs. Ewing. I showed incredibly bad judgement, I apologize, and I will accept the consequences of my behavior. The state wishes to drop all charges against Mrs. Sue Ellen Ewing and requests that the case against her be dismissed with the apology of the court."

The judge shifted in his seat and focused his eyes on Sue Ellen. "In all my years on the bench, I have never seen anything like this. Mrs. Ewing, the evidence presented in this courtroom has been sensational and at times difficult to listen to, but none of it has convinced me that you should even be on trial, let alone convicted. You have my sincere apology for being put through this public humiliation and for the damage it has done to you and your family."

"Mr. Kiefer, you are to be commended for your conduct and for your stellar representation of your client. You managed to circumvent a District Attorney who was manipulating the evidence in this case to serve his own personal agenda and expose the truth. You have the court's thanks and respect."

"To the jury, I sincerely thank you for your service. Although you will not be asked to render a verdict in this trial, your work and dedication under the most difficult of circumstances is very appreciated."

"It is the judgement of this court that the District Attorney's request for a dismissal is correct and just under the law. Mrs. Ewing, all charges against you are hereby dropped and this case is dismissed. You are free to go with the court's sincerest apologies and best wishes."

The entire courtroom erupted. Camera flashes started going off everywhere, Kiefer jumped out of his seat and pumped his fist in the air. Sue Ellen burst out crying.

JR pushed his way through the crowd to the defense table, grabbed Sue Ellen's hands, pulled her up into his arms, and lifted her off the ground in a joyous hug. "It's over," he whispered to her. "It's finally over."

"Yes," Sue Ellen buried her head against his neck. "Put me down, JR. People are watching and taking pictures."

"So?" He laughed. "Let's give them a pretty picture for the front page." He put her down, lifted her face, bent his head and kissed her thoroughly, right there in front of everyone.

Pam and Bobby appeared next to them. Bobby clapped his brother on the back and Pam hugged Sue Ellen tightly.

"Let's get out of here," JR laughed. "And find Lucy! We have some celebrating to do!'

"JR! JR!"

JR looked up and saw Harry McSween pushing his way through the crowd, struggling to get to him.

"Yeah, Harry?" JR asked with a wide smile.

"Kristen Sheppard seems to have left town. We have put out an APB."

"That's fine, Harry. We'll find her."

"Yes...we did locate Cliff Barnes."

"Oh yeah?" JR put his arm around Sue Ellen's waist. "You got the little worm in custody?"

"Not exactly…" he hesitated and cast a nervous glance at Pam.

"What is it?" She asked, "Where's my brother?"

"Dallas Memorial Hospital," McSween answered her. "We found him in his apartment, unconscious and bleeding from a gunshot wound to the stomach. I'm sorry, Mrs. Ewing. I'm afraid his condition is…"

"What?" Pam breathed out.

"It doesn't look good ma'am. It doesn't look good at all."

***
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Ooh didn't see that ending coming (but can't honestly say I feel bad for Cliff). And of course Kristen has legged it.
So much drama, but it was awesome.
Loved JR kissing Sue Ellen in front of everyone in court. I really hope they can work everything out.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.

The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."

***
Shot Through the Heart

Part Eighteen:

***

"No, Mama. Tonight isn't a good time," JR sighed into the phone. "Well, good for him, but he'll still have to wait. No. Pam and Bobby are at the hospital. I haven't heard an update. Lucy's here with us. Yeah. Yeah. I'll let her know. Goodbye."

"What did Miss Ellie want?" Sue Ellen asked when JR walked back into the living room and sat down beside her on the couch.

"To invite me to bring you to dinner at Southfork. Apparently my father wants to apologize to you."

"Oh, JR… I… I don't think…"

"Don't worry, honey. I told her tonight wasn't good. As far as I'm concerned, you never have to go back to Southfork if you don't want to - apology or no apology."

"I'll go eventually, JR, but I'm not ready yet."

"I know, sweetheart. It's fine."

"I can't believe we still haven't heard anything from Bobby and Pam," Lucy said. She was sitting on the living room floor playing with John Ross and his toy cars.

"Yes. It's been a while," JR replied.

"Pam must be so upset," Sue Ellen chewed at her bottom lip.

"The best thing for everyone would be for the bastard to die," JR grumbled.

"JR!" Sue Ellen admonished him.

"What? Barnes may be Pam's brother, but even she'd be better off without him."

"Maybe," Lucy shrugged. "But he's still her brother and she loves him."

"JR...I was wondering…"

"What?" He asked her suspiciously.

"Well, Pam is at the hospital and could use some support…"

"No. No, Sue Ellen. No way. I'm not keeping vigil by Cliff Barnes' bedside."

"But, JR, think of how supportive Pam's been of us through this whole nightmare."

"She has a point, JR," Lucy said.

"No. Absolutely not. I just want to have a nice, quiet night with my girls and my son."

"Please, JR?" Sue Ellen batted her long eyelashes at him.

"Hells bells," he muttered.

"For me?" Sue Ellen's voice was thick with sweetness.

"Lucy?" JR barked.

"Yeah, Uncle JR?"

"Can you take John Ross back to the ranch to spend the night? Looks like Sue Ellen and I are going to the hospital."

***

"He refused to bring her to dinner?"

"Now, Jock, it's been a very difficult day. I'm sure JR will bring Sue Ellen to see us once things calm down a bit."

"I'll apologize for thinking she tried to kill JR, but she better remember where her bed is buttered! My grandson belongs here at Southfork!"

"Maybe you should have thought about that before you alienated his mother! Look at us Jock! We're all alone! Bobby and Pam are at the hospital with Cliff and they don't want us there. JR and Lucy are with Sue Ellen and they refuse to come home! Our family has been destroyed!"

"I didn't cause this, Ellie," Jock said defensively. "Don't act like JR and Sue Ellen are innocent victims in all this!"

"No, Jock," Ellie stood up and took a deep breath. "They're not innocent. But they're our family and we should have stood by them!"

Jock didn't bother to answer. He just let her storm from the room. He would be damned if he was going to let her lay every bit of the blame about the state of their family at his feet. He'd already offered to apologize; that was all she should expect from him. If JR and Sue Ellen couldn't accept his apology after everything they'd done, then she was just going to have to deal with it.

He growled under his breath when the doorbell rang. He walked into the foyer and waved off Teresa, opening the door himself. "What are you doing here?" He snarled when he saw who had come to visit.

"I came to see my daughter," Patricia shot him an angry look. "I read the papers, Jock. It seems to me that Sue Ellen needs her mother."

***

"Sue Ellen!"

Pam jumped out of her chair and hugged her friend tightly. "Thank you for coming!"

JR slid down into a chair beside Bobby and cut him a sideways glance. "Don't you say a word," he warned.

"Who, me?" Bobby laughed lightly. "All I was going to say is how surprised I am to see you here."

"Don't start with me, Bobby."

Bobby grinned and watched Pam and Sue Elen sit down.

"Cliff's still in surgery," Pam told them. "We haven't gotten an update in a very long time."

Sue Ellen reached out and squeezed Pam's hand. "I'm sure he'll be fine, Pam."

"I don't know, Sue Ellen," Pam said sadly. "The doctors said the bullet pierced his bowel and that he's lost a lot of blood."

"Any word on who shot him"? JR asked.

"No," Pam shook her head. "I guess the police are just assuming it was Kristen."

"Well, thank God we all have alibis," JR grimaced. "What?" He asked innocently when Bobby gave him an annoyed look.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Ewing?"

"Yes!" Pam stood to face the doctor who had suddenly appeared in front of them.

"Your brother is out of surgery. He's critical but stable. We found two bullets. One was lodged in his large intestine, the other hit a bone in his hip and shattered."

"How is he?"

"Alive," the doctor told her. "And that's more than we have any right to expect. He lost a lot of blood and there was extensive damage to his digestive tract."

"What are his chances?" Bobby asked.

"I'd say no better than 50/50. If he makes it through the night, I'll be more optimistic tomorrow."

"Can I see him?" Pam asked.

"No. Not tonight. He's unconscious and I'm going to keep him that way for several hours. You folks should go home. There's nothing you can do for him tonight."

Pam nodded. "I'll be back first thing in the morning."

"Mrs. Ewing, you need to understand. Even if he survives, he is going to have a very long road to recover. He may never be the same again. Do you understand me?"

"Yes," a tear slid from Pam's cheek. "I understand."

"Thank you, doctor," Bobby shook the other man's hand.

"You two going back to Southfork?" JR asked once the doctor had left them.

"Yes," Bobby reached out and pulled Pam close to him. "You going back to Sue Ellen's apartment?"

"Yeah. Listen, I had Lucy take John Ross back to the ranch."

"We'll look in on him," Bobby promised.

"Pam, please call me if you need anything," Sue Ellen kissed the other woman on the cheek. "Anything at all."

"Thank you, Sue Ellen," she smiled weakly. "Bobby, I'm just going to check to make sure the nurses have my phone number before we leave."

JR took Sue Ellen's hand, "I'll call you in the morning," JR promised Bobby.

"Alright, JR," Bobby nodded. "Goodnight, Sue Ellen."

JR led Sue Ellen to the elevator. "What are you thinking about, JR?" She asked him once the doors slid closed and they were alone.

"Just that it's a shame Kristen is such a bad shot."

"JR!"

He shrugged and grinned mischievously. "I'll be nice to Pam, but you can't expect me to be glad he's still alive."

"No," Sue Ellen agreed. "I guess I can't," she laughed. "That would be asking entirely too much of you."

***

"She can't stay here!" Jock roared.

"Lower your voice!" Ellie growled at him.

"Why? I don't care if she hears me!"

"I do!" Ellie seethed.

"Look, Ellie, you know that woman is nothing but trouble. You don't believe she's really here to help Sue Ellen do you?"

"You guys are going to wake up John Ross if you keep yelling," Lucy said. She'd been leaning in the doorway watching them fight.

"John Ross is here?" Jock asked her.

"Yes. Sue Ellen and JR went to the hospital to be with Pam and Bobby."

"Oh, that's wonderful," Ellie smiled.

"I wouldn't get too excited," Lucy warned them. "It's only for tonight. And it might not happen again if Sue Ellen thinks you threw her mother out into the street like you did her."

"Exactly!" Elle agreed. "Jock, it's just one night. Tomorrow morning we can call JR, let him know Patricia is here, and he can take her to Sue Ellen."

"I don't want that woman here! She's a schemer, just like her youngest daughter!"

"Maybe," Lucy shrugged. "But she's still Sue Ellen's mother."

"Please, Jock," Ellie pleaded.

"Fine," he threw up his hands in defeat, "she can stay one night. But if she starts any trouble, just remember I told you so!"

***

"You gonna put me on the couch again tonight?" JR asked his wife.

"I...I hadn't planned on inviting you to… JR, I'm so tired and my feelings and emotions are so jumbled up.."

"Relax, honey," he bent his head and kissed her cheek. "I wasn't expecting to make love. I just thought since I'd been so good and went to the hospital, you'd consider rewarding me by letting me sleep in a real bed."

"You want me to sleep on the couch?" She asked him incredulously.

"Of course not," he laughed at her. "We can sleep in the same bed without having sex, Sue Ellen."

"Can we?" She asked doubtfully.

"We have for most of our marriage," he reminded her.

"That was before."

"Before what?"

"Before I… Oh, JR. I'm too exhausted to have this conversation."

"Sue Ellen, I won't ask you to talk about our marriage or our relationship tonight. I know you're not in any shape to do that. And I won't push you for sex or try to seduce you. I want you, honey, but I already told you I don't want to make love until we work some things out between us. I just want to sleep with you, to hold you in my arms."

"I want to trust you," she said, her voice filled with a mixture of hope and fear.

"Baby steps, honey," he said softly. "Trust me tonight, and we'll go from there."

"Alright, JR. But if you try anything…"

"I won't, Sue Ellen. I promise."

She nodded at him and reached out to take his hand. "Having you hold me while I sleep sounds like heaven," she admitted, leading him to the bedroom. "Let's go to bed, JR."

***
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Nooooooo not the witch, that's the last thing Sue Ellen and JR need.
And she came because her daughter needed her, ain't she a bit too late? (say 30 odd years). Sue Ellen's needs never seemed to bother her before.

Loved Sue Ellen persuading JR that they needed to be there for Pam and Bobby, that was too cute and funny (and of course he couldn't resist those eyes).
And I love that he's being loving and patient, even though we all know he's a horny sod.

Jerk is still pissing me off. Miss Ellie needs to get the horsewhip or the shotgun.
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
So just to clarify, is Sue Ellen's memory a false one? She says she remembered shooting JR but was it a planted memory by Kristin?

Also perhaps Patricia needs to go off in search of her youngest, put some of that smothering discipline on her and leave Sue Ellen well alone.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
So just to clarify, is Sue Ellen's memory a false one? She says she remembered shooting JR but was it a planted memory by Kristin?

Also perhaps Patricia needs to go off in search of her youngest, put some of that smothering discipline on her and leave Sue Ellen well alone.
Sue Ellen's memory is real. Kristen had the gun in her hand, aimed at JR. Sue Ellen tried to take the gun from her. They struggled. The gun went off.

They were BOTH holding the gun when JR was shot. Sue Ellen was trying to keep Kristen from shooting JR, but blamed herself because she WAS holding the gun when it went off. That's why Kiefer wouldn't put her on the stand. He didn't want the jury to know she was even there. Better to blame Kristen for it all.
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.

The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."

***
Shot Through the Heart

Part Nineteen:

***

JR sat at the kitchen counter and drank his coffee. He's been up for hours. He'd kept his word to Sue Ellen and hadn't made any move for sex, but the longer he held her, the more his body demanded her take her. He finally decided it was useless to try to sleep and got up.

Bobby had called a few minutes ago. There was nothing new on Cliff, but he'd given JR some troubling news. Patricia Sheppard had come to Southfork and she was demanding to see her daughter. That was the last thing Sue Ellen needed right now. Her mother was a viper. Sue Ellen always had trouble dealing with her, and given the current set of circumstances, Patricia was bound to be even more difficult than usual.

"JR?" Sue Ellen's voice interrupted his thoughts. "It's almost nine. Why didn't you wake me?"

"Good morning, darlin'," he smiled at her. "I thought you needed your rest."

"Any news on Cliff or Kristen?"

"No. Nothing."

JR stood up, poured her a cup of coffee, and handed it to her. She took the cup and gasped in surprise when he bent his head to kiss her. "Needed to say a proper good morning," he said when he lifted his head.

She smiled at him and took a seat at the kitchen bar. "What do you have planned today?"

"Believe it or not, nothing. I'll need to talk to Harry about the search for Kristen at some point. Other than that, I thought I'd stick close to you."

"Really? I thought that now that the trial was over, you'd want to get back to Ewing Oil and get it away from Bobby."

"Oh, I'll get around to that," he said. "Don't see any reason to be in a big hurry about it. I have other things to concentrate on right now."

"Like me?"

"Like you," he smiled and winked at her. He took a drink of his coffee and sighed deeply. "Sue Ellen, I have to tell you something."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing," he chuckled, "this time it wasn't me."

"What then?"

"Honey... your mother showed up at Southfork last night. She wants to see you."

"Oh, God," all the color drained from her face. "She probably knows about the trial and about Kristen."

"Yes," he said softly.

"I suppose I have to see her."

"Yes," JR proceeded with caution. He didn't want her to think he was treating her like a child. "Want to know how I think you should handle it?"

"Yes."

"I'll go to Southfork and get her. Then the three of us can meet somewhere in public for lunch."

"Why in public?"

"Because your mother is less likely to make a scene in public, honey."

Sue Ellen chewed at her bottom lip. "What about John Ross?"

"He can stay at the ranch with Lucy. She can bring him to you later. Also…"

"What?"

"Well, I was wondering if it would be alright if I brought some things here to the apartment. Getting tiresome driving all the way out to the ranch every morning to change clothes."

Sue Ellen smiled at him and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Alright, JR. We'll go with your plan. With one small exception."

"What's that?"

"After lunch with Mother, you and I will talk to Harry together. Then we'll go to Southfork together and collect our son and your things."

"You sure?"

"Yes," she nodded her head firmly. "If I am going to be forced to deal with my mother today, I may as well go on and deal with your parents too. Get it all over with at once."

"Alright, honey. If that's what you want."

"It's not what I want. But it's what I have to do to put all this awfulness behind me."

"Behind us," he corrected her.

"Yes," she said softly. "Behind us."

***

"Well, what now?" Phillips asked McSween. They'd hit one dead end after another in their search for Kristen.

"Not sure. We talked to every lover. None of them have seen her. We have traps on all their phones. We're watching her credit cards. We have an APB out on her. Seems like we're doing all we can."

"She has to have someone helping her. There's just no way she could pull off a disappearing act like this all on her own."

"I don't know. She's pretty resourceful. But we need to find her soon. She already shot Barnes. Her next target could be the Ewings."

***

"Mrs. Ewing?"

Pam lifted her head and nodded at the doctor who had just come into Cliff's room. "Yes?"

"He did well last night. I'm much more optimistic about his chances for survival."

"How long will he be asleep?"

"Hard to say. Between the medication and his body's need to heal itself, it could be a while."

"Yesterday you said that he would never be the same. What did you mean?"

"Mrs. Ewing, his hip is shattered. His large intestine is severely damaged. He'll need a colostomy bag and a wheelchair. His recovery will be very long and very difficult."

"Oh, Cliff," Pam sighed sadly.

"He's lucky to be alive, Mrs. Ewing. All any of us can do now is wait and pray."

***

"Why isn't Sue Ellen here at Southfork?"

Ellie put her orange juice down and looked Patricia in the eyes. "I think that's something you should discuss with your daughter."

"Why? Did you ask her to leave?"

"It's a very complicated situation and as I said, it's best for you to talk to Sue Ellen about it."

"I'm sorry, Ellie, but none of this makes sense. I come here to see my daughter, and not only is she not here but JR isn't either. And they're together! After all he's done to her!"

"Sue Ellen and JR have a very deep bond."

"Not so deep that it prevents him from sleeping with every floozy in Dallas!"

"Yes. Including your other daughter."

"None of this is Kristen's fault! Obviously, JR seduced her!"

Ellie took a deep, steadying breath and forced herself to maintain control. "I won't have you sit at my table and insult my son."

"It's alright, Mama," JR came into the dining room. He walked over and bent to kiss his mother on the cheek. "Patricia," he straightened and nodded at his mother-in-law. "Let's go."

"I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"Fine," JR shrugged. "I'll just tell Sue Ellen you don't want to see her then."

"You're taking me to see Sue Ellen?"

"Yes. The three of us are having lunch together."

"The three of us?"

"Yes. She doesn't want to be alone with you."

"That's rich. After all you've done to her, she trusts you but not me."

"It's the way it is," JR snapped. "You can take it or leave it."

"Fine. I guess I don't have any choice."

"No. You don't. And pack your things. I don't know where you're going after lunch, but you're damn sure not coming back to Southfork."

***

"Think he'll pull through?"

Bobby looked up from the stack of papers on his desk and shrugged. "Pam says his chances have improved since last night."

"That's too bad," Jock grunted. "Taking Barnes out would have been the only decent thing Kristen ever did."

"I want you to be careful and not talk like that in front of Pam."

"I know better than that," Jock said defensively.

"I hope so," Bobby sighed. "Because we have enough problems at Southfork. We don't need a new one."

"Speaking of problems, have you talked to your brother about bringing his wife home?"

"No. And I'm not going to. JR and Sue Ellen are perfectly capable of making their own decisions. They're under enough pressure without me putting my nose in their business."

"This foolishness has gone on long enough. I won't have that woman taking my grandson away from me just because her tender feelings got hurt!"

"That woman," Bobby narrowed his eyes on Jock's face, "is John Ross's mother. She can take him wherever she wants, whenever she wants. And I'd be careful with her right now. JR has got it in his head that he wants to save his marriage. You go after Sue Ellen, he won't take kindly to it."

"Don't you worry about your brother. I have a way to get him back in line."

Bobby resisted the urge to ask him what he meant. As curious as he was about what his father was going to do, he decided he would probably be a lot better off if he didn't know.

***

""Hang on a second," JR stopped Patricia from getting out of the car. They'd been silent the entire ride from Southfork to the restaurant where they were meeting Sue Ellen.

"What?" Patricia snapped impatiently.

"Behave yourself. She's been through a lot. Don't upset her."

"Whatever she's been through, you caused."

"Yes," JR didn't deny it. "I hurt her. But that's between us. And it doesn't mean I'll sit back and watch anyone else hurt her."

"I don't want to hurt her, JR. I just want to talk to her. Like it or not, I'm still her mother."

"Yes, you are. That's the only reason I'm letting you see her at all."

"Can I get out of the car now?"

"Yes. Just remember what I said."

He watched as Patricia climbed out of the car and headed into the restaurant. He had a bad feeling about this.

He didn't know why, but he got the feeling that Patricia was up to no good.

***

Sue Ellen rubbed at her temples and sighed heavily. It had been a simply awful day.

Lunch with her mother had been an unmitigated disaster. Patricia had railed on and on about JR's affairs, the public humiliation, and the fate of "poor, innocent Kristen." She'd pleaded with Sue Ellen to leave JR once and for all and demand a large divorce settlement. She'd tried to guilt JR into pressuring McSween to give up searching for Kristen and to use his influence to convince the new DA that Kristen's crimes were the result of mental and emotional stress brought on by his treatment of her.

Sue Ellen has listened patiently to her mother for a very long time. Finally she informed her cooly that she was not planning to divorce her husband and that Kristen was responsible for her own actions and had to take responsibility for them.

She'd been so proud of JR. He had sat silently and let Patricia go on and on. He never raised his voice and he never tried to defend himself. He left it up to Sue Ellen to respond to her mother's ravings.

After the lunch was finished, Sue Ellen had been so upset that she'd asked JR to take her mother to a hotel and then go ahead with the meeting with McSween without her. Her head was pounding and she didn't have the energy to listen to any news about her sister.

Her doorbell rang and she forced herself to stand. She walked to the door and smiled a relieved sigh when she saw it was JR.

"Hi, honey," he said, placing a light kiss on her forehead.

"Hi, JR. Did you get Mother to a hotel?"

"Yes. I even carried her bags in for her," JR chuckled.

"How awful was the ride?"

"Not awful at all," he told her, taking a seat on the couch and pulling her down beside him. "She didn't say one word the whole way."

"Thank God for small miracles," Sue Ellen sighed. "How did it go with McSween?"

"Not good. He has no leads, no clues. Kristen could be anywhere."

"She'll surface eventually. I know my sister. Two things make her tick; money and attention. She'll be needing both soon."

"Yes, I agree. Sue Ellen, McSween wants to put a trap on your phone and the phone at Southfork in case she tries to contact us."

"That's fine, JR," Sue Ellen said. "It's a good idea."

He studied her eyes and watched as she rubbed at her forehead. "Headache?"

"Yes. That tends to happen when I see my mother."

He pulled her closer to him and she laid her head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to skip dinner tonight? My parents won't be any more pleasant than your mother was."

"I wish we could skip it," Sue Ellen grumbled. "But I need to get it over with."

"They're going to pressure you to come back to Southfork."

"I know."

"Made up your mind about that?"

"Not really. I know I can't go back right now. But I won't rule it out in the future. I know you want to live there."

JR kissed the top of her head and smiled. He doubted she realized what she had given away today. She'd defended him passionately to her mother and now she was admitting that what he wanted would influence where she would live.

She'd decided to stay married to him. It might be a while before she could say so outright and to him, but he was thrilled beyond words that she already seemed to have settled it in her mind.

"Sue Ellen?"

"Yes?"

"I… thank you. For standing up to me with Patricia. I don't deserve to be defended, but the fact that you defended me anyway just made me so happy and proud."

"You're my husband, JR. Whatever horrible things have happened between us, it's our business. No one else's. I won't stand for anyone else using our problems to run you down. Not even my mother."

He dipped his head and captured her mouth in a gentle kiss. "I love you," he told her when he finally lifted his head."

She smiled and stood up. "I'd better get ready for dinner," she told him. "We need to make a stop on the way to Southfork."

"Where?"

"We need to have a key for the apartment made for you. It's silly for you to be ringing the doorbell if you're going to be staying here."

A huge grin broke out over his face as he watched her walk into her bedroom.

His wife was staying with him. After all he'd done to her, she was giving him another chance.

And this time, he was going to do right by her. Even if it killed him.

***
 

CryptCreeper72

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
7
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.

The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."

***

Shot Through the Heart

Part Twenty:

***

"Sue Ellen!" Ellie got off the couch and hugged her daughter-in-law when she and JR came into the living room from the foyer. "It's so good to have you here."

"Welcome home," Jock nodded at her. "Can I fix the two of you a drink?"

"Just club soda for me," Sue Ellen smiled at him.

"My usual," JR answered.

"John Ross has been an angel all day," Ellie told Sue Ellen. "He'll be so happy to see you."

"Thank you, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen smiled again. "I'd like to go upstairs and see him before dinner."

"You go right ahead," Ellie told her. "I'll have Teresa hold dinner for a bit."

"Thank you, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen said again.

"Want some company?" Pam asked.

"I'd love some," Sue Ellen nodded at her.

"I notice you didn't bring in any suitcases with you," Jock growled at JR once the women had disappeared up the stairs.

"We're only here for dinner," JR said firmly. "Sue Ellen isn't ready to talk about coming home yet, so don't try to pressure her."

"And what about you, boy?" Jock demanded. "Don't you want your wife and son back at Southfork?"

"Of course I do. But not until she's ready. I'm not going to strong arm her."

"I have something to talk to you about after dinner that might change your mind," Jock told him.

"That's enough, Jock," Ellie warned. "No more of that talk. Let's just have a nice family dinner for a change."

Bobby watched the scene silently and wondered what his father was up to. JR had made it clear he wasn't going to force Sue Ellen to come back to the ranch until she was ready. Why was Jock so sure he could change JR's mind?

Something wasn't right, and Bobby had a bad feeling that whatever Jock was up to, it wasn't any good.

***

Wouldn't they all be surprised to realize she'd never left Dallas…

Kristen smiled at her reflection in the hotel mirror. It was true that they said about pregnant women - she really WAS glowing.

A frown crossed her lips when it occurred to her what a shame it was that no one could see how good she looked.

"No worries," she said to herself, turning away from the window. "Soon enough, everyone will see me. Sue Ellen will be out of the picture for good and JR would be presenting me to the world as his new fiance."

This was all just a bump in the road. Things would be back on track soon.

"And Sue Ellen won't know what hit her until it's too late for her to do a damn thing about it."

***

"I need to say something," Jock spoke up. The chatter around the dinner table stopped immediately. "Sue Ellen, Ellie and I should have stood by you after you were arrested. We should have known you'd never hurt JR. I apologize for my actions and I would like for you to come home."

Sue Ellen cast a nervous glance at JR who simply raised his eyebrow at her.

"Thank you, Jock," she finally said after a few minutes of silence. "That means the world to me. Truly. I…"

She hesitated and took a deep breath. "I hope you understand that I just need a little time. So much has happened. JR and I… well, we have a lot to work through together. I just think we need some privacy and personal space. For now."

"I don't see why…"

"You heard her," JR cut off whatever his father had been going to say. "Your apology is appreciated and accepted. Now, who is ready for some dessert?"

Jock decided to let the matter drop. He would get JR alone after dinner and give him every reason in the world to get his family back to Southfork as soon as humanly possible.

***

"Sue Ellen seems to be happy here," Jock told JR, fixing his eldest son a drink.

JR didn't reply. His father was right. Sue Ellen seemed to be having a good time with Pam, Lucy, and Miss Ellie. They were all sitting around the pool laughing and talking about….whatever women talked about when men weren't around.

"I know you're trying to make her happy, son. But you know she belongs here at Southfork with my grandson."

"Yes," JR finally said. "But I just think it's best to give her the time and space to let her come to that conclusion on her own."

"Women sometimes need a push in the right direction," Jock grunted. "Sometimes their emotions get in the way of logic."

"I'm not going to push her," JR insisted.

"Really?" Jock said doubtfully. "Not even for Ewing Oil?"

"What?"

"You heard me boy. I'm giving you the opportunity of a lifetime. Get your wife and your boy back under this roof and I'll make you President of Ewing Oil again."

JR sucked in a deep breath. His father really WAS offering him the deal of a lifetime. "What about Bobby?"

"I'll handle Bobby," Jock growled. "Do we have a deal or not?"

"How long do I have?"

"I'll give you a week."

"Two weeks," JR countered. "This is a delicate situation."

"Fine," Jock agreed. "You have two weeks to get my grandson back on this ranch for good. Do that, and you get total control of my company. Fail and you're out for good. Understand me?"

"Yeah, I understand," JR replied. "You just take care of Bobby. I'll take care of Sue Ellen."

"You'd better," Jock grumbled, "or you're done at Ewing Oil."

***

Sue Ellen covered John Ross with a blanket and smiled. He looked so sweet when he was asleep.

JR came up behind her, put his hands around her waist, and pulled her close against his body.

"Out like a light," he whispered, placing soft kisses along her neck.

"JR…" she moaned his name. She wanted him desperately, but she was still afraid to make a total commitment to him.

JR sensed her hesitation and sighed. "Get ready for bed, honey. I'll take a cold shower and join you shortly."

"JR...I want to…'

"But you're not ready yet," he finished for her. "It's okay, Sue Ellen. You're worth waiting for."

"I had a nice time at Southfork tonight," she said softly when he let her go and backed away from her.

"I'm glad, darlin'. It took a lot for Daddy to swallow his pride and say he was sorry."

"I know. It meant a lot to me."

"You thought any more about moving back?"

"Yes. But I feel like you and I should sort through our problems first."

"I agree," JR assured her. "Maybe we can have a serious talk tomorrow."

"I'd really like that, JR."

JR bit back a groan. She smiled at him so brightly her whole face lit up. "I'd better get that shower before I lose my head."

"I love you, you know."

"I know, honey," he said softly. "And I thank God for that."

***

Bobby laid in bed and stewed silently.

He'd been standing in the foyer when JR and Jock had their little talk and had overheard the whole thing.

JR hadn't changed at all. He was still willing to manipulate Sue Ellen and everyone else to get what he wanted.

This time, Bobby wasn't going to sit back and take it. He was going to make sure JR failed to hold up his end of his unholy bargain with their daddy.

As soon as Sue Ellen found out what was going on, she'd refuse to come home and Jock and JR would both be taught a lesson they would never forget.

***
 

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Jerk is a manipulative selfish arsehole and I really wanna punch him right now.
As for JR, ..... I WAS really proud of him but if lets Jerk bully him into putting Sue Ellen second AGAIN after everything I will smack him too. After everything he's promised I don't want to see him hurt her again.
He should just start his own company and tell daddy exactly where to shove Ewing Oil.
Bobby is a spoiled immature brat. Does he not realise (or care) that he might hurt Sue Ellen?.
Kristen is evil too, and needs an arse kicking.

Hell EVERYBODY except Sue Ellen, Miss Ellie and Pam is gonna get the iron.
 
Top