The new Jeff Colby

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV
3
 
Awards
9
SamA-9.jpg


Handsome.

But is this attempt to "diversify" Dynasty destroying that talk that Fallon had with Cecil? "No..." - yeah you know what I mean.
 

Soapwriter12

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Times have changed since that talk, we've had a black president, and this means that new Fallon does not oppose Cristal, because of race, but because of something else.

Since this jeff Colby, is from humble beginnings, and he's black.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I like this new Jeff Colby better than the original. :lol: And the new planned storyline seems to confirm that there will be no Blaisdels this time around. No big deal, since I was never a fan of Matthew and Lindsay... but I do hope Claudia comes around at some point. Heh heh, earlier when I was entertaining the notion of Fallon and Steven being high schoolers in this version, I imagined Claudia being Steven's teacher, with whom he has an affair with.
 

Rove

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
0
 
Awards
5
johnboy91884 • 2 hours ago
"Other than the names of the characters, this junk has absolutely NOTHING to do with Dynasty. Why didn’t they just change the character names and create an all new series? Because that’s what they have anyway! Definitely NOT Dynasty, and as a Dynasty fan I DEFINITELY will not be watching as they destroy the legacy of this beloved series! The Shapiros really must be desperate for money to go along with this!"

So under the deadline article was this response. I tend to agree with the remarks. Dynasty was such an iconic show it's presence still resonates, much like Dallas. It would be like announcing a reboot of Dallas and instead of the Barnes family being white their African American. Now before anyone gets in a huff and believes there is a hint of racism in my remarks it's not the point the above person or myself is making. Why not start with different character names. Why use the Carrington and Colby names? I just don't get it. I sense they're simply using the history of Dynasty to entice viewers. Why didn't they simply go with Blake and Krystle's daughter Krystina Carrington and continue the story from there. I'm at a loss to explain it.
 

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV
1
 
Awards
6
Woah woah woah! Back up a bit!

Fallon getting tired of Blake's double dealings and decides to get revenge on him?! That does not ring true!

I know it's a reboot but any who's watched Dynasty knows that Fallon was the most loyal and protective of Blake above the other Carrington children!

Also how could Jeff have humble beginnings yet be rich at the same time?
I hate to say this but I doubt this reboot will last beyond the first maybe second season tops

The only way I could see Fallon becoming Blake's enemy is as if the new PTB have decided not to include Alexis or Adam and have given Fallon their characteristics, because other than that it does not ring true at all
True Jeff was resentful of Blake in the first two seasons and was quite snarky with him so they got that right I guess.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Also how could Jeff have humble beginnings yet be rich at the same time?

Simple: "self-made man." And it said he started his own tech company or something (this is, after all, the computer/digital age we're living in now).

Fallon getting tired of Blake's double dealings and decides to get revenge on him?! That does not ring true!

I know it's a reboot but any who's watched Dynasty knows that Fallon was the most loyal and protective of Blake above the other Carrington children!

The only way I could see Fallon becoming Blake's enemy is as if the new PTB have decided not to include Alexis or Adam and have given Fallon their characteristics, because other than that it does not ring true at all

I think it could be possible that Cristal plays a part in getting Blake and Fallon to reconcile. After all, there were times in the original season 1 where Blake and Fallon got seriously angry at one another.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Times have changed since that talk
Well...maybe not that much.
we've had a black president
Married to a black woman.
and this means that new Fallon does not oppose Cristal, because of race
I think PSM's Fallon hated Krystle because she would no longer be the most important woman in Blake's life, but she also teased Krystle about her humble background and considered Krystle a golddigger, unworthy of being a Carrington.
I don't see why they shouldn't use this angle again, social or racial - or both. I want this Fallon to be super-nasty!
as a Dynasty fan I DEFINITELY will not be watching as they destroy the legacy
I've read this comment on the DALLAS forums many times, and I just don't get it. Why would it destroy or tarnish the legacy of the original show?

Anyway, this new Dynasty ensemble starts to look more and more like the cast of a sci-fi movieo_O
star-trek-tng-cast.jpg


Still, I want to say "Hi! & Welcome!" to our new Jeff Colby!:)
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4
I've read this comment on the DALLAS forums many times, and I just don't get it. Why would it destroy or tarnish the legacy of the original show?

Anyway, this new Dynasty ensemble starts to look more and more like the cast of a sci-fi movieo_O


Still, I want to say "Hi! & Welcome!" to our new Jeff Colby!:)

Bravo. :clap: Couldn't have put it better myself.


I think PSM's Fallon hated Krystle because she would no longer be the most important woman in Blake's life, but she also teased Krystle about her humble background and considered Krystle a golddigger, unworthy of being a Carrington.
I don't see why they shouldn't use this angle again, social or racial - or both. I want this Fallon to be super-nasty!

They still might. We still have to wait and see.
 

Toni

Maximum Member
LV
11
 
Awards
24
So...will there be a possibility of the Colbys (as we knew them) appearing in this show? If they are going to be new riches, then they´d be like the Lyons from you-know-what-series...and should they make Sable Jeff´s mother, or just ignore the sad existence of Francesca and make him an orphan? And who would you like to be cast as the new Sable/Mama Colby?

upload_2017-2-15_17-56-57.jpeg

"Jason is all miiiineee!!!"​
 

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
So Cristal and Jeff will be Black and Blake, Fallon and Steven will be white.

Any other characters for season 1? Or will that be it for the main stars?

I doubt we will see an opening credits. Just a "Dynasty" logo pop up, maybe a few seconds of jingle.
 

Soaplover

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
3
It sounds like the show is taking on the original shows season 1 format where it was fallon vs krystle before Alexis' arrival in season 2.

Im curious if there will be a Sammy Jo and Claudia modern day version. Both of those characters were important in the original show.
 

Soapwriter12

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
or he might not be related to Cristal at al, for all we know, he, and steven will adopt a baby who they name danny, maybe A new Claudia would be either a surrogate, or the birth mother.
 

Ked

Telly Talk Winner
LV
0
 
Awards
4

:lol: You have such a pleasant attitude about all this.

Although the more I think about it, the less I mind it. I mean, out of all of Steven's lovers, who were the most iconic? Sammy Jo and Claudia. Sure, there's Ted Denard, but what's he famous for? Dying at the hands of Blake. There's also Luke, but he's also famous for dying. Aside from that, neither are all that memorable or even played big parts on the original show.

Plus, it looks like they've decided on what Steven's sexuality is right from the start, that he won't be "confused" later on.

or he might not be related to Cristal at al, for all we know, he, and steven will adopt a baby who they name danny, maybe A new Claudia would be either a surrogate, or the birth mother.

I kinda hope they do keep him related to Cristal, though I suppose its not integral to the character, at least not this time around. Though that would be an interesting new route for Claudia.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Maybe this time it's Fallon who doesn't want Steven to be gay, and then she and Sammy John could become enemies (sorry Ked, no catfight!)
I can see it now, Fallon the superbitch, hated by everyone (except daddy, of course).

Bring it on!
 
Top